Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Porsche has nothing on Vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
apriliacati
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now, if any of you out there want to argue over if my Ducati is a better motorcycle than a Suzuki GSXR 10000, have at it. It's a very similar argument.

Okay, flame suit on....

Last901

Which Ducati?

And would the Ducati be the Vette or Porsche?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by apriliacati
Now, if any of you out there want to argue over if my Ducati is a better motorcycle than a Suzuki GSXR 10000, have at it. It's a very similar argument.

Okay, flame suit on....

Last901

Which Ducati?

And would the Ducati be the Vette or Porsche?
'02 S4 Monster, custom paint (Viper blue with pearl white stripes and blue wheels) Leo Vince hi-rise Ti exhaust, ....

'06 Sport 1000, Replica Cafe Racer, Termis, airbox mod, ECU....

The Ducati is the Ducati. If it was the Corvette, I wouldn't need to buy the one I have and if the Porsche, I wouldn't have sold my 911.

So, I take it you are (judging from your "handle") a Desmo guy too, huh?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Kayvan
Disabled by request 2 Jan 2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You are 100% right

Originally Posted by last901
; I also think there may be a lot of people participating who don't have a Corvette.

My point is that I suspect other forums are much the same. Including the Ford GT forum.

Kayvan, I respect your opinions and appreciate the time you take to respond. Thanks.
-I'm Busted; Ordering my Vette in March with GMS # (snow here)

-The Ford GT Forum is a special place b/c only 4,038 owners exist, and it restricts membership abit. The Members complain mightily about the Lambo, Ferrari, Viper foums which often turn into pissing contests. ANYONE WHO PULLS THAT IS BOOTED ASAP. The Ford GT forum is a fraternity. Members literally loan out their homes, garages, cars, tools, dogs to one another. There is ZERO flaming, insults, etc. The Moderator runs a tight ship and Ford SVT Management checks in often.

-Forums in general are sorta nuts. I attend during down times, holidays, or for problems/fix. However, ALL forums have a dark side; (stalking, impersonating via ebay bids to get addresses and calling employers has been reported). I spent years on vintage watch forums and later found that massive jealousy was brewing towards myself and others B/C I bought a watch on ebay or called out B/S one or twice or posted a pic of hot girlfriend.....so, I and many others left for good. Forums are not reality, nor a replacement for social interaction or actual off-line friendships. Some serial posters/troll are hiding from this

-The Corvette Forum is nice b/c its huge (#2 car forum I heard) and you can get a nice cross section, plus advice on saving $ (GMS #), home improvement, dating (strippers?!) and your prostate

Have a Happy New Year all!

Last edited by Kayvan; 12-28-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Kayvan

;1563346408 Replica Cafe Racer,

Who does this the cafe racer best?

-Triumph Thruxton
-Ducati
-Others?

anyone like Aprilia or Moto-Guzzi?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 PM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I beleive this fits in here since many think they can have it both ways

Originally Posted by Ryan Bell in the OT

Voice of Reason: I like the Mustang Cobra.
Corvette Owner: It's a car for peasants, and it's slower than the Corvette.
Voice of Reason: For the price of a Corvette, you could spend the difference in mods and make the Mustang faster than the Corvette.
Corvette Owner: It's still just Mustang.

Voice of Reason: I like the Porsche 911 Turbo.
Corvette Owner: For the price of a 911 Turbo, I could spend the difference in mods and make my Corvette faster than the Porsche.
Voice of Reason: But it's still just a Corvette. For peasants.
Corvette Owner: Uhh... The 911 Turbo is overpriced.

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 12-28-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:54 PM
25psi
Instructor

Originally Posted by apriliacati
I guess you never heard of Jay leno.
Jay Leno is on a whole different ball game than us! He can afford to downgrade!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kayvan
Who does this the cafe racer best?

-Triumph Thruxton
-Ducati
-Others?

anyone like Aprilia or Moto-Guzzi?
I fear we are getting off-thread here, but since you asked....(and presumably we're talking about the modern interpretations here)

I love the Triumph Thruxton. Gorgeous bike and even the checkered stripes add to the retro look. Unfortunately, it has but about, what, 60 HP? I'd still buy one.

The Ducati "Paul Smart" Imola replica and the other two retro models in their lineup (Sport 1000 and GT) are a tier above the Triumph IMHO if only because, despite the retro look, they still have Brembo discs all around, stainless brake lines and a powerful 1000cc Desmo engine that puts out about 95 HP. In other words, they are more of a real modern motorcycle than the Triumph.

Not to forget Harley.... Have you seen the Mert Lawill Sportster or even the Orange and Black Sportster they did a few years ago? Very cool.

As for Aprillia and Moto-Guzzi; they are cool bikes, but can't seem to get their act together in the USA.

You forgot MV Agusta. Arguably the coolest of them all, but not a retro cafe racer in the lineup.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:22 PM
apriliacati
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=last901;1563346408]'02 S4 Monster, custom paint (Viper blue with pearl white stripes and blue wheels) Leo Vince hi-rise Ti exhaust, ....

The Ducati is the Ducati. If it was the Corvette, I wouldn't need to buy the one I have and if the Porsche, I wouldn't have sold my 911.

So, I take it you are (judging from your "handle") a Desmo guy too, huh?[/QUOTE

Yes a Desmo an Aprilia guy mostly.

I have a 2002 998 Bayliss, 95 916, and a 1977 900SS.

I Like Aprilias even more, much more dependable, have a 2001 RSV mille R and an 05 Factory. My previous 2000 Aprilia RSV had 34000 trouble free miles.

I also have a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa, DRZ 400 Super Motard, and several dirt bikes.

Have you been a Ducati owner for a long time, ever visit the Ducati Index Forum? Its was closed down a few years back, really great forum.

Sorry for going off topic
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=apriliacati;1563355394]
'02 S4 Monster, custom paint (Viper blue with pearl white stripes and blue wheels) Leo Vince hi-rise Ti exhaust, ....

So, I take it you are (judging from your "handle") a Desmo guy too, huh?[/QUOTE

Yes a Desmo an Aprilia guy mostly.

I have a 2002 998 Bayliss, 95 916, and a 1977 900SS.

I Like Aprilias even more, much more dependable, have a 2001 RSV mille R and an 05 Factory. My previous 2000 Aprilia RSV had 34000 trouble free miles.

I also have a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa, DRZ 400 Super Motard, and several dirt bikes.

Have you been a Ducati owner for a long time, ever visit the Ducati Index Forum? Its was closed down a few years back, really great forum.

Sorry for going off topic
Okay, let's not discuss further the subject of motorcycles. I'd rather sit back and wait for the highly opinionated posts from people who dislike Porsches.

I have been a Ducati owner for about 6 years. Also have been spotted on my T509 Speed Triple and my CBR 600 F3. I have a group of friends who are all partners in one of Ducati's signature stores. You might, therefore, apprecaite why I got back into riding after a hiatus of something like 25 years. Then, a couple of years ago, following my retirement from Boeing, they asked me to go manage the store for them. A great treat, and a great challenge. I'm no longer managing the store though and, bought a C6 and am trying to act retired.

I think I need to go back to work though. I'm so bored sometimes, hanging out on this forum while drinking really cheap Chardonnay is the only way I can get into trouble.

Thanks for the note. Now, why don't you get back to trying to convince me I'm all wet when it comes to Porsches and Corvettes.

BTW, the Mille S is a fabulous bike. The Hayabusa on the other hand is little more than a cry for recognition and a possible invite to appear on "Cops" or "Superbikes".
Old 12-28-2007, 08:11 PM
apriliacati
Melting Slicks

If your into Porches and corvettes someone wrote a great comparison on this site, very well written.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ight=mastifdog
Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Originally Posted by 25psi
Jay Leno is on a whole different ball game than us! He can afford to downgrade!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Kayvan

Default more Porsche issues

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1889588

Quick Reply: Porsche has nothing on Vette