Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Anyone own a new(05-09) Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
ranger 66
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default Anyone own a new(05-09) Range Rover

I am looking to buy a new 08/09 Range Rover and had a couple questions?

1. Is there really a no haggle policy( everything I have bought in the past I have been able to negotiate the price even if it is only a little; houses,cars, etc)

2.What is the best tactic to take with the salespeople?(i.e I want under MSRP, invoice, coupon from internet(j/k) etc)

3. Do you have any regrets buying your truck?

I am propbably going to pull the trigger in a couple weeks once I get a little more insight.

Thanks

RLTW

Last edited by ranger 66; 03-09-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Hokie
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 12 Posts

I test drove a new 08 Range Rover Sport S/C yesterday. I loved it but after reading all the consumer reviews on edmunds last night I'm scared to death of them. Not to mention the resale. My cousin just traded a 06 RR at his dealership. The guy owed 67K and he got 38K trade. I love the look and it drove great but the reliability it questionable. I was set on buying one but now I'm going to look at the X5 4.8. Good luck
Old 03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Mike00
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokie
I test drove a new 08 Range Rover Sport S/C yesterday. I loved it but after reading all the consumer reviews on edmunds last night I'm scared to death of them. Not to mention the resale. My cousin just traded a 06 RR at his dealership. The guy owed 67K and he got 38K trade. I love the look and it drove great but the reliability it questionable. I was set on buying one but now I'm going to look at the X5 4.8. Good luck
Resale is obviously horrible but if your buying a 75k+ you really shouldn't be to worried about it.

My father owns a 06. I believe he has 20k on it so far. No issues. Nice car but if I'm spending that kind of money on a car I'm personally looking at something like an aston martin.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 AM
my_blue_c5
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the money, get a slightly used Cayenne Turbo.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:57 AM
roadracer247
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by my_blue_c5
For the money, get a slightly used Cayenne Turbo.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:14 PM
TrueBlueConvert
Drifting

Has he recovered yet enough to sight down without the air cushion. I can imagine rolling that into another car or paying the difference i would have just suffered with it and kept it as im doing now with my GTO...lol
Old 03-15-2008, 11:42 PM
my_blue_c5
Pro

I was at the Range Rover / Jaguar / Bentley / Rolls, & Ferrari Dealer today (all within about 100 feet of each other, both RR's, Jag, and Bentley are all in the same building, with ferrari across the street), and drove a 08 RR. I mean, it wasn't bad, but not even close to the comparision of a Cayenne. The Cayenne is a much nicer car for the money, faster, better gas mileage, and doesn't depreciate nearly as much.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 AM
PMD C6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good Lord Do Not Buy One!

And you should be. My mom had two, an '06 and an '08 S/C. She thought the second one would be different but both were lemons. Major problems with air suspension and electrical gremlins throughout. Including the electric retractable steering column and the radio. *everytime she started the car the radio would turn itself to whatever station it wanted to and the volume is never where she last left it. Most of the time it would set itself to Howard101, 102 on Sirius and would even program some the presets for her* Whenever she would get it back from the dealer for warranty service they would say, "oh yeah, we reflashed the computer with a new program and it should work fine now. Then she would get it home and it would start acting up again. Two weeks ago she traded it in on a MB GL550 and loves it, plus it looks sweet as hell with the 21" AMGs.

To the OP: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Last edited by PMD C6; 03-17-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone own a new(05-09) Range Rover

Quick Reply: Anyone own a new(05-09) Range Rover