Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

BMW 325xi or Audi A4 or...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BMW 325xi or Audi A4 or...

I have been shopping for a 3rd car replacement. I got a 96 Camry for a winter/work transport car soon after getting my vette. It was less than a few grand and reliable but I just am over driving a car that looks like ***. My two cars I have looked at have been the A4 and the 325xi since both are semi luxury and have all wheel drive. Primary model years have been 04-06. Wondering what others thought of the two cars and if anyone may have owned/driven or ridden in ine to give input. I'll have to drive a little to test drive each but would like input prior. Also if there is any other makes and models that can compare I'd like to hear. I briefly checked out Subaru Legacy's but they tend to be overpriced considering you are getting a Sunaru Legacy.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
we3hokies
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in the same boat. The closer winter comes, the more I am wanting a third vehicle to garage the vette. Im looking at a a4 quattro. Leaning towards the 1.8t (can mod those easily). Edmonds.com has a lot of consumer reviews. The majority love driving the a4 but site maintenance cost as the major negative. Seems like repairs/labor cost are overpriced. Have you looked at the early 2000 s4's? Near the same price point as 04-06 a4's and you get 6cyl biturbo
Old 10-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by we3hokies
Im in the same boat. The closer winter comes, the more I am wanting a third vehicle to garage the vette. Im looking at a a4 quattro. Leaning towards the 1.8t (can mod those easily). Edmonds.com has a lot of consumer reviews. The majority love driving the a4 but site maintenance cost as the major negative. Seems like repairs/labor cost are overpriced. Have you looked at the early 2000 s4's? Near the same price point as 04-06 a4's and you get 6cyl biturbo
I looked briefly but don't know about a car older than several years old. I guess it would be better than the 96 I have but I was hopin got have something with at least the last 5 years.
Good to hear the 1.8t(and I assume to 2.0t) is easy to mod, I had wondered about that factor but hadn't checked since I have more been going through what mileage costs what price to get an idea on loan amounts.

Last edited by Licit; 10-02-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To BMW 325xi or Audi A4 or...

Quick Reply: BMW 325xi or Audi A4 or...