Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Which was a better car

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
ps374
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Which was a better car

This is for you old timers who were young when the first Thunderbird hit the streets and gave Chevrolet a black eye during its first year. After reading many road tests on Fords little bird, seeing how the press and the public were so in love with this little Ford whats your opinions if you have any. I must admit I almost was won over by the little Bird till this week end when I was at a car show and actually saw both cars next to each other. IMO the Corvette was more exciting. Never drove either or rode in either so maybe some of you older guys who owned or drove both can give your opinions.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

If your talking about the small old birds 55-57, they were just fords in my opinion, prone to rust and they rusted badly.

I had the use of one when I was 16, I didn't a corvette yet at that point, but did a few years later, I don't buy fords at all, I had to work on them when I was a mechanic that was enough for me.

Quick Reply: Which was a better car