Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus LFA

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

So this mythical beast that we've been hearing about for years has finally been driven by the press. The engine sounds like a gem, and I'm glad they went for a high revving NA engine instead of the typical twin turbo whatever. However, the reviewer complains of a distant numb feeling to the car. Sound like EVERY other Lexus and Toyota made in the last 15 years to anyone else? Also like every other Lexus and Toyota, not pretty. Maybe not ugly, but definitely not pretty.

Oh, did I mention that it's $400,000?

What were they thinking? You could buy a Ferrari AND a ZR1 with that money... or a Lambo and Porsche 911 Turbo... Or a GTR, a ZR1, a Lotus Exige, an M3, and a CTS-V.

This car would be worth looking at for $100k - $150K if you want something with a modern high revving powerplant. At $400k, it's an absolute joke.

Last edited by stic5; 10-23-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:59 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

What is with the big mesh venting on both sides by the taillights, the motor is in the front unless the radiators are in the rear this seems useless. The front hood looks weird with the gap in the front, hopefully that is just a preproduction thing.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
PaintballaXX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only 500 being made. Its not actually a car to sell competitively or break into new markets for Lexus; just a big tech showcase and attention getter. Price aside, I wouldnt mind having one. It sounds so damn good and looks cool tool, imo.

Get notified of new replies

To Lexus LFA

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA