Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Viper_Vette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1

At laguna seca raceway.

http://www.redletterdodge.com/vipertest/
Old 11-24-2009, 05:44 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper_Vette
Are you surprised? The ACR is optimized for the race track, the ZR1 is meant to be an amazing Grand Tourer... though it's pretty darn good on the track too. Look at the real aero, adjustable suspension, and hell just the tires on the ACR are worth 2 seconds at LS.

-TJ
Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by tjZ06
Are you surprised? The ACR is optimized for the race track, the ZR1 is meant to be an amazing Grand Tourer... though it's pretty darn good on the track too. Look at the real aero, adjustable suspension, and hell just the tires on the ACR are worth 2 seconds at LS.

-TJ
Stop, Stop your making too much sense Two totally different cars.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Two different build targets, can't fairly compare.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 PM
L82PC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteship
Two different build targets, can't fairly compare.
C'mon...they're both built for speed and their racing characteristics. Nothing more nothing less.

Props to Viper for regaining their "King of the Hill" status at Laguna Seca Raceway!!!

PS. I'm a lifetime high performance Vette owner that has never, and may never own a Viper but I certainly have a great deal of respect for them.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by L82PC
C'mon...they're both built for speed and their racing characteristics. Nothing more nothing less.

Props to Viper for regaining their "King of the Hill" status at Laguna Seca Raceway!!!

PS. I'm a lifetime high performance Vette owner that has never, and may never own a Viper but I certainly have a great deal of respect for them.
Perfect post, athough the ACR is geared more for the track, it is a street car, just like a corvette, what people dont know is that there is all all purpose race viper called the competition coupe, that dodge has sold for years. BTW I own both Viper and 06 Z, brand loyal people are always going to make excuses, tires, illegal splitter , bla bla bla, most of the people who argue are the ones who Zaino their cars every week , and complain about wanting a automatic hatch closer , they read magazines and havent been near a racetrack.fact of the matter is the ZR1 will never beat an ACR Viper around a course, period, get over it already

Last edited by NytmereZ; 11-25-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Perfect post, athough the ACR is geared more for the track, it is a street car, just like a corvette, what people dont know is that there is all all purpose race viper called the competition coupe, that dodge has sold for years. BTW I own both Viper and 06 Z, brand loyal people are always going to make excuses, tires, illegal splitter , bla bla bla, most of the people who argue are the ones who Zaino their cars every week , and complain about wanting a automatic hatch closer , they read magazines and haven been near a racetrack.fact of the matter is the ZR1 will never beat an ACR Viper around a course, period, get over it already
Old 11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
redknight
Racer

Is the 2010 viper acr different from the 2009?

Edit- Looks like a revised rear wing, 5th gear ratio, short throw shifter and horrendous paint job.

Last edited by redknight; 11-24-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Viper_Vette
Pro

top speed is now 202 mph, and quicker (it can reach said top speed a whole 14 seconds sooner than the 2009 model). How? Gearing, specifically 5th gear, which has been revised from 0.741 to 0.796. Also, the end caps on the giant wing have been revised, resulting in that higher top end.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
redknight
Racer

Perfect post, athough the ACR is geared more for the track, it is a street car, just like a corvette, what people dont know is that there is all all purpose race viper called the competition coupe, that dodge has sold for years. BTW I own both Viper and 06 Z, brand loyal people are always going to make excuses, tires, illegal splitter , bla bla bla, most of the people who argue are the ones who Zaino their cars every week , and complain about wanting a automatic hatch closer , they read magazines and haven been near a racetrack.fact of the matter is the ZR1 will never beat an ACR Viper around a course, period, get over it already
That is a pretty dumb thing to say. There are courses that will favor one and some the other. Since we are talking laguna, motortrend's test around the course had the viper at about a half second faster with the same pro driver but different day. Hardly a decisive victory. If the upgrades to the acr for 2010 really helped its lap time then the zr1 needs to be retested too because for 2010 it now has PTM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Greenstealth
Burning Brakes

honestly, im sure the viper is an insanely impressive animal BUT your comparing it to a car that comes with navigation and heated seats yada yada... Hell, do base vipers even have cup holders? Even if you stripped a zr1 to nothing like the viper and set it up for the track, im not sure if it would win or not, i just know going on a nice trip or for an occasional drive or even daily driving is possible and comfortable with a vette, while still competing with animals like the acr. Holy run on sentence bat man...
Old 11-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
zeshawn
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

top speed is now 202 mph, and quicker (it can reach said top speed a whole 14 seconds sooner than the 2009 model). How? Gearing, specifically 5th gear, which has been revised from 0.741 to 0.796. Also, the end caps on the giant wing have been revised, resulting in that higher top end.
thats very ipressive for a car with a full aero package that would fight hard against top speed, just a few mph shy of the ZR1, but I PERSONALLy think the ZR1 has more in it, stock form.

I wont be the one testing it though lol, I quit doing high-speed runs a long time ago, just too dangerous and not fun.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

According to this site, the top speed is 184 mph.
http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/11/24...-la-auto-show/

Is that 184 mph with the wing and splitter set to minimum or maximum downforce?

Jim Mero with full GM support, plenty of tires, alignment tweaks, and 6 laps would probably set a very close lap time in a ZR1...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Viper_Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Guibo

Jim Mero with full GM support, plenty of tires, alignment tweaks, and 6 laps would probably set a very close lap time in a ZR1...
No 202mph

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/24/v...guna-seca-set/
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Old 11-25-2009, 03:39 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer44
Let the excuses fly, all the while in another thread people try and compare an Enzo(which is ridiculous) to Zr1, due to performance numbers, nobody talks about its crappy tires.

Get notified of new replies

To New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1

Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Guibo

well he hasnt, so it doesnt change anything
Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Greenstealth
honestly, im sure the viper is an insanely impressive animal BUT your comparing it to a car that comes with navigation and heated seats yada yada... Hell, do base vipers even have cup holders? Even if you stripped a zr1 to nothing like the viper and set it up for the track, im not sure if it would win or not, i just know going on a nice trip or for an occasional drive or even daily driving is possible and comfortable with a vette, while still competing with animals like the acr. Holy run on sentence bat man...
Cupholders you obviously (like many), never sat in a Viper, a car that comes with air power windows etc isnt what I would call stirpped, but yes any model corvette, feels like a caddy in ride, IMO my 06 Z is to numb, I prefer the feel my C5 Z had, but then again im in my early 30's, I like the bumps. point is we are talking about performance, not everyday driving.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:53 AM
wickedness
Instructor

Oh wow I can't believe the new ACR beat the Devon GTX time by 2 seconds.

Quick Reply: New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1