Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

My Truck with FUKKEN Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

He must have stock in zaino,.,.zaino can not even come close to good German products.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
tis so..........

its because of the additives in it in order to produce a car wax.

washing deminishes the gloss factor..

bugs stick to it too.........
It's not water for a good carnuba wax.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:10 AM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since when is carnauba wax water "soluble"?!?!?

Pure carnauba wax is usually mixed with pure beeswax and is used to waterproof leather. (I know, I used it many a time to waterproof my jump boots, added Kiwi and then a topcoat of carnauba... Best spitshine you ever saw... Got me out of a lot of guard duty, back in the day!)

Because carnuba is so brittle, it is usually mixed with other compounds such as beeswax, to make it more malliable. (Trust me, I used to put it on fire, apply it and when finished, the spitshine was "hard") There are cases when carnauba is added to other (polymer based) "waxes", but the carnauba is added to enhance the polymers, not the other way around. These types of "wax" are NOT considered carnauba wax, but even waxes branded "pure carnauba" will always have some other compound mixed in with it to make it malliable. The best car waxes on the market have the highest concentration of carnauba wax in them.

A car that is waxed, using a "pure" carnuba will bead off water and if you wish to remove the wax, then it needs to be chemically stripped with a solvent, such as ethynol or isopropyl alcohol to be fully removed from the vehicle.

So, telling us that a car that is waxed with pure carnauba will wash off, just doesn't hold water.....
Old 03-27-2010, 09:58 AM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wingbone
i have been using a Wax called FUKKEN Wax on my truck for the last 3 years, I'm very confident in the product it is Awesome, I did not want to use it on my Vette that is why i went to Zainos. Take a look at my truck and tell me what you think. It is a Carnuba Wax.

What do you Think. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...coolgleamA.gif
It looks good, BUT, the other component is durability and longevity ... and ive yet to find a better one than Zaino overall . Nice play on the 'F' word for the product .... I think Intercoursen Wax would be another good one (especially if it doesnt perform to your expectations !) ..lol...
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NJ Vette Guy
Since when is carnauba wax water "soluble"?!?!?

Pure carnauba wax is usually mixed with pure beeswax and is used to waterproof leather. (I know, I used it many a time to waterproof my jump boots, added Kiwi and then a topcoat of carnauba... Best spitshine you ever saw... Got me out of a lot of guard duty, back in the day!)

Because carnuba is so brittle, it is usually mixed with other compounds such as beeswax, to make it more malliable. (Trust me, I used to put it on fire, apply it and when finished, the spitshine was "hard") There are cases when carnauba is added to other (polymer based) "waxes", but the carnauba is added to enhance the polymers, not the other way around. These types of "wax" are NOT considered carnauba wax, but even waxes branded "pure carnauba" will always have some other compound mixed in with it to make it malliable. The best car waxes on the market have the highest concentration of carnauba wax in them.

A car that is waxed, using a "pure" carnuba will bead off water and if you wish to remove the wax, then it needs to be chemically stripped with a solvent, such as ethynol or isopropyl alcohol to be fully removed from the vehicle.

So, telling us that a car that is waxed with pure carnauba will wash off, just doesn't hold water.....

Quick Reply: My Truck with FUKKEN Wax