Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

My Gt500 Super Snake Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 AM
gt500SuprSnke
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Gt500 Super Snake Build

Project, Build "The Fastest Super Snake in the World"

When we first told Shelby American about the project the first reply was, "Fastest at what?"

Fastest in the Standing Mile
Fastest in the Quarter Mile
Fastest in the 8th Mile

The project is nearing completion. I have been working with a number of different people to assemble and build this car. The assembly, only the best!!

We started with a fully built 5.4 Ford Wet Sump Aluminum block and the list is endless.

We will debut the car at the Texas Mile in October with the goal of 200+ MPH all boost and no Juice.

The motor was designed and internals provided by Michael Rauscher of L&M Engines. (The Mad Scientist) Oliver Rods, ARP 2000 Hardware, Custom L&M Pistons (Michael Rauscher's Design), Ford GT Cams, Ferrea Exhaust and Intake Valves, Manley Valve Spring Retainers. Fully assembled and installed by Wes Hamilton (The Surgeon) of Apex Automotive in Wellington, FL.

Sitting on top as you might imagine is a Kenne Bell 3.6 Liquid Cooled Super Snake Super Charger. With a couple of special items from Kenne Bell. Thanks to Jim Bell and Ken Christley at Kenne Bell and Gary Patterson at Shelby American for getting on board with the car.

Then we started talking drivetrain. For the Texas Mile we will be running a fully built 9" S&W rear end with Moser Axles and a 3.50 Wave Trac and Anti-Roll Bar kit hooked up to a SPEC ST Clutch and Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft and the Tremec Transmission. We worked with Fred Cook at Evolution Performance to acquire the rear end and many of the finer points with the drivetrain. We have also acquired brand new HRE Rims with Carbon Fiber outer lips and tires are Toyo R888's on all four corners for the mile and the street. The car has QA-1 Double Adjustable Shocks and QA-1 Springs as well. We are also installing a custom Evolution line lock kit.

For the quarter mile we have a Two Speed Power Glide waiting for install after the mile along with another Dynotech Aluminum Drive Shaft. For the drag strip the car will have a complete 8.50 custom cage and a brand new set of Bogart's from Rich Bogart. For seating and additional weight loss we will also be installing a pair of Sparco Carbon Fiber Race Seats and full safety harnesses.

To feed this beast we went with a FORE Precision Return Style Fuel System with 166LB High Impedence Injectors and Triple Walboro Pumps.

We also have a number of parts from Tousley Ford. Thanks to Steve at Tousley for sourcing a number of parts including the Cobra Jet 10,000 RPM Tach.

I also worked with the boys at Lethal Performance to pick up some parts along the way. Thanks goes out to Derek and Matt for sourcing some additional critical parts. Gauges, Gauge Pod, BMR K-Member just to name a few of many.

Tuning will be done by Jon Lund of Lund Racing.

Of course to keep this machine running cool we also installed a Shelby / Revan Racing cooling system consisting of a radiator and dual fan heat exchanger.

This has been a long working fluid project that has had a lot of help from a lot of different people and different companies and a lot of consultation to come to this point.

This is just the opening chapter. I will post up some pictures when we get the car completed in the next few days or weeks.

I will be at the Texas Mile in Oct with both my SS and my Z06. I'll just be running the SS this time. I am going to save the Z06 more for drag racing since i am putting a 4l80 in it.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:09 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool project! If all goes according to plan I'll be at the Texas Mile in Oct (with a more modest MPH goal, all NA) and look forward to seeing your car run. I'm curious what you're planning for aero, or will the stock body suffice for 200+ MPH?

-TJ
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
gt500SuprSnke
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock body for a gt500 has got up to 204.7 which is the currect gt500 record. I plan on just doing a clear body wrap that will help out alittle. I'll be happy with 205.

Get notified of new replies

To My Gt500 Super Snake Build

Quick Reply: My Gt500 Super Snake Build