Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Finally Picked up my new Subaru BRZ - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 02:00 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Default Finally Picked up my new Subaru BRZ - PICS

I just picked up my new BRZ this week and figured I'd get a couple of nice shots of them together while they were both clean and polished up.

The BRZ will be my daily driver and so far I love it. I've been following this car for a while and pre-ordered mine in March. The handling and shifting live up to all the hype from the magazines. The balance when thrown hard into a turn is amazing, give the car a little throttle and back end just rotates, like a big go-kart. The interior is great with perfect seats, steering wheel and ergonomics. I can't really comment on the power as I'm still breaking it in, but it will be quick enough for a daily driver. 2700lbs+200hp is plenty fun and I've got 600hp waiting for me when I feel like driving the Vette. I'm also averaging 30mpg and see about 34mpg when cruising on the highway in 6th.

Obviously I wouldn't expect anybody to sell their Vette for one, but as a change of pace and practical transportation for $27k, it's awesome.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:16 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Very

I have been watching them since the beginning.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 PM
young grasshopper
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
I have been watching them since the beginning.
+1

I sat in one of the scion units, really impressed with the seats. I need to check out the BRZ when I get a chance.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Hey OP, how about shots of that interior?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Hey OP, how about shots of that interior?
Only pics I have are from when the dealer first got it, before all the plastic was removed. But here you go:

Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

looks nice!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Subaru showed up at the Cleveland Cars and Coffee the Sat before last with a new BRZ.

It is a really nice car; every one who saw it was impressed, especially when factoring in the price.

Congrats on the new ride.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

I saw one today on the road, an orange one(scion version). Looked damn good moving.

Brings back memories of when lightweight RWD cars were still being made regularly(Rx7, 240sx, Miata, etc).
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Jeff W
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I drove a fr-s a couple weekends ago. I noticed that w/the A/C cranked it had NO power, but that is true for most 4 bangers. I'm seriously considering one in the asphalt color and the five axis kit. Trd is supposedly working on a blower kit as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM
young grasshopper
Pro

Originally Posted by Jeff W
I drove a fr-s a couple weekends ago. I noticed that w/the A/C cranked it had NO power, but that is true for most 4 bangers. I'm seriously considering one in the asphalt color and the five axis kit. Trd is supposedly working on a blower kit as well.
HKS is working on a kit using a rotrex style super charger
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Is this a step up or step down from the WRX/STi? Just curious as I met a guy who had a nice WRX STi and said he was trading in for the BRZ.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM
silversport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Is this a step up or step down from the WRX/STi? Just curious as I met a guy who had a nice WRX STi and said he was trading in for the BRZ.
no 4WD planned...just supposed to be a more pure driving experience...
Bill
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Yeah, with the A/C on, it's definitely not the fastest thing below 4k rpm. But, over 5k rpm and driving around town in gears 1-3 it's plenty quick.

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
It's $8,000 cheaper than a new STi, so technically it's a step down. But, like silversport said, it's a more pure driving experience. STi is much faster, but the steering, shifting and seats aren't nearly as good as the BRZ. STi is also AWD, 500lbs heavier and gets terrible fuel mileage. Really depends what you are looking for in a car when choosing between them.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Not a bad package at all. I'm impressed , nice lines. Enjoy the car
Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Boosted Josh
Melting Slicks

I like it! Fills a hole that has been in the market for a while now.

I don't know how easy it'd be to get a test drive in one at the moment since they just hit the streets but I'd like to go drive one.

Is there a price difference between the Scion and the Subaru?
Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Jeff W
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Boosted Josh

I don't know how easy it'd be to get a test drive in one at the moment since they just hit the streets but I'd like to go drive one.

A fully loaded subie manual hits just under 29k, the scion is 25k.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:48 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boosted Josh

Scion is $24.9k. Base "Premium" model Subaru is $1300 more. That gives you better interior materials, HIDs and Nav/Sat Radio/Bluetooth over the Scion. Well worth it in my opinion. Then for an additional $2000, you can get the "limited" Subaru, which is what I got. That gives you smart key with pushbutton start, fog lights, dual zone climate control, heated seats and mirrors, rear spoiler and leather/alcantara seats. Mine was right around 28.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally Picked up my new Subaru BRZ - PICS

Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 PM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 741 Likes on 292 Posts

I test drove the Scion FR S today and was very impressed. Very fun to drive with great handling and pretty peppy for 200 hp.
Negatives are no interface with Android based phones, bad blind spot backing up, and the dealer wanted $5k over sticker.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good. I like the Scion variant more myself. Didn't HKS go out of business? Or was that Greddy? OP, how tall are you? Just wondering how tight the fit might be. I am 6'0.

-Alex
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
I test drove the Scion FR S today and was very impressed. Very fun to drive with great handling and pretty peppy for 200 hp.
Negatives are no interface with Android based phones, bad blind spot backing up, and the dealer wanted $5k over sticker.
Yeah, the Scion uses some terrible multi-media system called BeSpoke, the one in the BRZ is much nicer and doesn't rely on your phone for the GPS signal. Does have some blind spots, but I'm used to that from driving FRC C5s for the past 12 years.

That's awful they are charging that much over sticker, amazing that a Scion dealer would be willing to risk their "Pure Price" rep to make a quick buck. I also find it hard to believe that many who are shopping for $24k cars are going to willing to pay 20% over MSRP on a new car.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto
Looks good. I like the Scion variant more myself. Didn't HKS go out of business? Or was that Greddy? OP, how tall are you? Just wondering how tight the fit might be. I am 6'0.

-Alex
HKS closed their USA operations I believe, but they still make and sell parts in Japan.

I'm 6'2 and fit perfectly comfortable. I do have the seat all of the way back and while it's perfect for me, anybody with longer legs may feel cramped. Also, headroom is amazing, I could still wear a helmet and it would clear no prob. In my Vette, I had to buy aftermarket seat brackets to wear a helmet without rubbing the headliner.

Quick Reply: Finally Picked up my new Subaru BRZ - PICS