Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Dodge Viper Forums

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Khaalathas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dodge Viper Forums

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions for Dodge Viper Forums. Kinda thinking I'd like to pick me up a 96/97 Viper GTS but all the forums that I find for them are laid out pretty crappy and not a ton of traffic on them. Anyone have some suggestions for something that has a nice layout like this forum?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Viper Club of America is probably the best and most frequented Viper forum.... http://forums.viperclub.org/ ....viperalley.com is probably second....if you're comparing the traffic to this forum it's not even close....lots less Vipers made than vette's....
Old 08-17-2012, 06:03 PM
OneBadZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by gilly6993
Viper Club of America is probably the best and most frequented Viper forum.... http://forums.viperclub.org/ ....viperalley.com is probably second....if you're comparing the traffic to this forum it's not even close....lots less Vipers made than vette's....
I agree with all of the above comments.

To the OP, they make more vettes in one year than all the Vipers combined, 92-present. When I had my 99 GTS, they were only producing around 1,500 a year.

Of the Gen II versions, I would recommend a 99. First year for 18'' wheels, first Gen II with interior upgrades and the last year of Forged pistons.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Khaalathas
Instructor

thanks for the info. Yeah I have to look at 96/97 cause I'm thinking the Blue w White Stripes combo. Yeah I've seen those sites and the layouts of their forums are pretty bad. But I suppose with so many fewer users it could just be if they organized it too much certain forums would just never get visited.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

Thanks for the info, I'm going through this same process now.

I’m looking at a $35,000 price range myself, which usually means higher mileage. Do these cars have any major issues to look out for with high mileage cars (50k, 75k, etc)?

From a couple threads on here, the 96-99 seem to be popular with the forged motor. Is there anything wrong with the later GTS years? I don’t plan on any engine mods that would require the forged internals. Also, I like the color combinations, and am really trying to get into one with the Cogniac/tan interior.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
OneBadZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by Hat_Trick_Hokie
Thanks for the info, I'm going through this same process now.

I’m looking at a $35,000 price range myself, which usually means higher mileage. Do these cars have any major issues to look out for with high mileage cars (50k, 75k, etc)?

From a couple threads on here, the 96-99 seem to be popular with the forged motor. Is there anything wrong with the later GTS years? I don’t plan on any engine mods that would require the forged internals. Also, I like the color combinations, and am really trying to get into one with the Cogniac/tan interior.
Vipers are similar to vettes from the stand point that they are 99% weekend warriors, so your not going to find a 75K mile Viper, probably not even a 50k one. I bought my 99 GTS new and sold it 7 years later. It had less than 15k on the clock.

As far as what to look for, same as vettes, if possible, get a stock one. No there is nothing wrong with the later GTS years. The Cogniac interior option is pretty rare. Personally, I hated the color, it looked like wet rust. I was considering getting it until I saw it up close.

One of the nice things is you dont have to worry about options. The car didnt have many. The only thing I remember as an option in 99 was stripes and the cogniac option.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Khaalathas
Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions for Dodge Viper Forums. Kinda thinking I'd like to pick me up a 96/97 Viper GTS but all the forums that I find for them are laid out pretty crappy and not a ton of traffic on them. Anyone have some suggestions for something that has a nice layout like this forum?
Viper Alley if you like cocky college-mentality kids, VCA if you like mature older people who wax their cars daily and have a more professional image when they actually drive them. They are basically both sides of the extreme you find on this forum, except there is no blend, really. It's one or the other.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for the info. Yeah I have to look at 96/97 cause I'm thinking the Blue w White Stripes combo. Yeah I've seen those sites and the layouts of their forums are pretty bad. But I suppose with so many fewer users it could just be if they organized it too much certain forums would just never get visited.
What a coincidence I happen to have a mint condition Blue and White '97 with a mere 15K on the clock for sale.
It's on various sites including the Viper Club of America classifieds.
Not on FleaBay tho, can't deal with that level of bottomfeeder.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 PM
PolishDude
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Just picked up a 97 GTS with 25k miles on the clock and love it! More than the supercharged 03 Viper I had before it!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Just pm me, I can answer all the questions you will need to know, about purchasing a used viper
Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by PolishDude
Just picked up a 97 GTS with 25k miles on the clock and love it! More than the supercharged 03 Viper I had before it!
Now put a Paxton kit on your gen 2, buy the tuner kit, and pm me for the stuff you will need to get 900+hp on your stock bottom end, I have the proven formula , straight from people like doug levin, and RSI racing.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 AM
molon labe
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

www.viperclub.org is the only Viper forum I spend time on.

Viper Alley has too many douchebags that act like obnoxious 12 year olds.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by molon labe

Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BSSN
Viper Alley if you like cocky college-mentality kids, VCA if you like mature older people who wax their cars daily and have a more professional image when they actually drive them. They are basically both sides of the extreme you find on this forum, except there is no blend, really. It's one or the other.
Originally Posted by molon labe

Both spot on....I joined but never frequesnted viper alley.....the people were just not nice....

Get notified of new replies

To Dodge Viper Forums

Quick Reply: Dodge Viper Forums