Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

25th Annual Run'N'Gun event results in Kit Car Magazine Feb 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Default 25th Annual Run'N'Gun event results in Kit Car Magazine Feb 2013

Kit Car Builder magazine, Feb 2013, pages 52 through 54, has some excellent things to say about our Ariel Atoms! The article covers the 25th annual Run'N'Gun event, held this time at Hallett Motor Raceway just west of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I entered this event with my 2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator/company car, and was blessed with winning four first place trophies. The trophies were for Time Trials, Road course, Autocross, and a larger one that says Overall Champion.

The Autocross was held on the third and last day of the event and was huge fun for me. I had never even seen an Autocross before, let alone driven one, but the Atom's superior acceleration, braking, and handling, (not to mention being able to see the cones better) more than made up for my lack of experience, and we had Fast Time of the Day.

My Atom 3 is stock except for the track wheels and tires (and I take the fenders off when I run the track tires), and an unmuffled pipe in place of the stock muffler. There were some very expensive cars there, and they all had V-eights, some with over 500hp. It seemed to me that a high percentage of the other cars were spending a good bit of time working on their cars, whereas the Atom, as usual, required nothing more than adding some pump gas. I do check tire pressures and lug nuts, but no air needed adding, and lug nuts did not move.

To go to a prestigious national event like this and have "the fastest thing on the track" (their words, not mine), and be able to relax and drink Dr. Pepper between sessions instead of having to work on my car like so many of the guys with their more expensive machines, was really satisfying to me, and validates my belief in, and passion for, the incredible Ariel Atom.

Congratulations, every one that is a current or future owner of one of these fantastic Cars!

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Pictures From Hallett-

Big fun! And don't have to work on it!

Eddie

Quick Reply: 25th Annual Run'N'Gun event results in Kit Car Magazine Feb 2013