Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Chevy SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Chevy SS

Just saw this. Sedan with Vette Engine. Made as the Holden Monaro overseas and Chevy SS (rather than GTO) here.

Guess the GTO is back...errr

Looks interesting. Even has the controversial tail lights...

http://autoblog.com/2013/03/07/the-s...er-refinement/

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2...to-show/5.html
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jedblanks
Looks interesting. Even has the controversial tail lights...
Not sure what you mean by controversial. These lights are not even close to the Corvette. They might be somewhere in between the Camaro and Corvette, but they're completely enclosed and and lose all of the depth and angularity that exists in the C7 tail lights. These tail lights scream family sedan.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Another disguised tail light hater thread..............
Old 03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole car screams family sedan and is a complete non starter for me compared to the Fusion.

The concept car was much much better
That's what we could have had instead. Congrats to GM. They managed to completely push me away from ever buying one of their four doors.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating
The whole car screams family sedan and is a complete non starter for me compared to the Fusion.

The concept car was much much better
That's what we could have had instead. Congrats to GM. They managed to completely push me away from ever buying one of their four doors.
4-door Camaro?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Originally Posted by petermj
4-door Camaro?
So the 60s Impala was a 4 door camaro too right since they had ''similar lines''?

That SS render is so sexy I'd have signed up to buy one. And I have a ''never buy a new 4 door'' policy.

Also, have you ever actually seen a Fatmaro before?
I mean seriously, pretty far apart

vs

One is an aggressive hard edged sporty looking 4 seater... the other looks like some fat old fart suffering from mid life crisis trying to relive his glory days. (the fat old fart is the 2 door one.)
There's no comparison. That SS render is one of the best looking cars GM has ever designed. The Fatmaro on the other hand is just an overweight pretender trying to be ''retro''.

The only styling ques they share is a ''raised cowl'' and a belt line. If that's all it takes for you to equate one to the other you probably need your eyes checked
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It doesn't look like anything special to me, appearance-wise. I think the Pontiac G8 was a much nicer looking car, not mention much cheaper. The starting price on these was under 30 grand. Pontiac claimed it was the most powerful car for under 30 grand. This car is supposed to be Chevy's "version" of the G8, if you will. The G8 was based on the Holden Commodore

Last edited by Blackdevil77; 03-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating
So the 60s Impala was a 4 door camaro too right since they had ''similar lines''?

That SS render is so sexy I'd have signed up to buy one. And I have a ''never buy a new 4 door'' policy.

Also, have you ever actually seen a Fatmaro before?
I mean seriously, pretty far apart

One is an aggressive hard edged sporty looking 4 seater... the other looks like some fat old fart suffering from mid life crisis trying to relive his glory days. (the fat old fart is the 2 door one.)
There's no comparison. That SS render is one of the best looking cars GM has ever designed. The Fatmaro on the other hand is just an overweight pretender trying to be ''retro''.

The only styling ques they share is a ''raised cowl'' and a belt line. If that's all it takes for you to equate one to the other you probably need your eyes checked
Is your image of the SS an accurate rendering?

It looks awesome

I had an 96 SS with a LPE 383 and a host of other goodies, but this is a much nicer platform to start with

I really like the blue one although at my age I would probably choose a quieter color
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Is your image of the SS an accurate rendering?

It looks awesome

I had an 96 SS with a LPE 383 and a host of other goodies, but this is a much nicer platform to start with

I really like the blue one although at my age I would probably choose a quieter color
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be so anymore. We're seeing the Silver 4 door like what Blackdevil has posted.

Talk about missing the mark from the early concept to the final product.

I wanted the blue car so bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevy SS

Quick Reply: Chevy SS