Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Decided to leave the C7 behind

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Next year at this time, Joe, tell us what the net effect has been. OK? What do you see here?

VODKA !!!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by oxford98
I've been a long time corvette owner, going back to my 1963 silver-blue split window coupe and ending with my tenth corvette, a 2008 atomic orange convertible. These cars cover many years of my life and corvette shows and Corvettes at Carlisle. I still have my collection of Corvette News magazines and posters draping my garage walls of favorite corvettes. I spent countless hours reading anything corvette from Car and Driver to All Corvettes Are Red. The Corvette Black Book was always updated and a regular reading piece when I was bored. I went to Mecca or better known as Bowling Green to not only see building of my favorite car, but to see how I could get my 2001 ordered Z06 color changer to Millenium Yellow. Totally drove my wife nuts and took the tour twice in a day
My reward at Bowling Green was to have a worker on the line sneak me into the backlot to take me for a ride in a car I had ordered, but never drove - a Z06. Then to drive around the parking lot to see a black Z06 and a gentleman standing next to it. I had to stop and only to find out he was an engineer driving the Z06 looking for a "thud" in the transmission. Again, I was rewarded with a special drive by a great guy!
That engineer gave me the e-mail address of Jim Campbell who he felt would assist a long time vet owner get his dream color. When I returned from my trip, I e-mailed Mr. Campbell with my story of woe and much to my surprise, he not only answered me, but my dealer received a call from him stating he was changing my order from silver to Millenium Yellow! I will never forget the courtesy extended to me by Mr. Campbell. Side note was when I ordered the silver exterior, after my dealer said I would never get the yellow, I also ordered the red/black interior. The car came in with the red/black interior. In my excitement I never thought to ask about changing the interior color to all black. Mine may have been one of the few yellow with the red/black interior Z06's.
Why after all these years I decided to leave the faithful corvette group? After seeing the C7 I was not inspired as I have been in the past. Just looked like a different beast, not the same look, but a more "techno" appeal. Maybe I've just gotten too old and it is now a corvette for a new generation.
After feeling that I had lost my best friend I decided to look at some other vehicles to fill the void I felt. I had a open field since I had just lost my car to Hurricane Sandy! After researching the usual suspects I decided to stop by a dealer to look at the remodeled carrera 911 known as the new 991 series. I have to admit I was smitten! Maybe it was the classic design or the smooth power rush or fit and finish, or has age just caught up with me? Either way I ordered a new 2013 carrera.
Having received my new car and only putting 156 miles on it, I must admit it brings me back to that feeling I had for many years with my corvettes! I just felt the need to express to my corvette faithful how much I enjoyed my corvettes and only hope that all of you thoroughly enjoy your new C7's!
Maybe the new design will bring a younger group to the corvette breed. I can say that maybe, at least this old timer, it was time to move on. I wish all of you many happy miles of driving!
Your choice is good for you. Good luck with your Porsche.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
VODKA !!!!!!
I'm thinking that is EXACTLY what he will see, if not 151 rum
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Whatever. Bye.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

God Forbid him to dislike the C7! Some of you guys are Pathetic!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats on your soon to be new car. Nothing wrong with the Porsche in my book. It's a beautiful car! I hope you enjoy it and I hope it treats you well!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Congrats on your soon to be new car. Nothing wrong with the Porsche in my book. It's a beautiful car! I hope you enjoy it and I hope it treats you well!
Hey, I've seen those eyes somewhere??
Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Next year at this time, Joe, tell us what the net effect has been. OK? What do you see here?

A glass twice a large as it needs to be.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Well written. Enjoy your new ride. You'll come back at some point.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by oxford98
I've been a long time corvette owner, going back to my 1963 silver-blue split window coupe and ending with my tenth corvette, a 2008 atomic orange convertible. These cars cover many years of my life and corvette shows and Corvettes at Carlisle. I still have my collection of Corvette News magazines and posters draping my garage walls of favorite corvettes. I spent countless hours reading anything corvette from Car and Driver to All Corvettes Are Red. The Corvette Black Book was always updated and a regular reading piece when I was bored. I went to Mecca or better known as Bowling Green to not only see building of my favorite car, but to see how I could get my 2001 ordered Z06 color changer to Millenium Yellow. Totally drove my wife nuts and took the tour twice in a day
My reward at Bowling Green was to have a worker on the line sneak me into the backlot to take me for a ride in a car I had ordered, but never drove - a Z06. Then to drive around the parking lot to see a black Z06 and a gentleman standing next to it. I had to stop and only to find out he was an engineer driving the Z06 looking for a "thud" in the transmission. Again, I was rewarded with a special drive by a great guy!
That engineer gave me the e-mail address of Jim Campbell who he felt would assist a long time vet owner get his dream color. When I returned from my trip, I e-mailed Mr. Campbell with my story of woe and much to my surprise, he not only answered me, but my dealer received a call from him stating he was changing my order from silver to Millenium Yellow! I will never forget the courtesy extended to me by Mr. Campbell. Side note was when I ordered the silver exterior, after my dealer said I would never get the yellow, I also ordered the red/black interior. The car came in with the red/black interior. In my excitement I never thought to ask about changing the interior color to all black. Mine may have been one of the few yellow with the red/black interior Z06's.
Why after all these years I decided to leave the faithful corvette group? After seeing the C7 I was not inspired as I have been in the past. Just looked like a different beast, not the same look, but a more "techno" appeal. Maybe I've just gotten too old and it is now a corvette for a new generation.
After feeling that I had lost my best friend I decided to look at some other vehicles to fill the void I felt. I had a open field since I had just lost my car to Hurricane Sandy! After researching the usual suspects I decided to stop by a Porsche dealer to look at the remodeled carrera 911 known as the new 991 series. I have to admit I was smitten! Maybe it was the classic design or the smooth power rush or fit and finish, or has age just caught up with me? Either way I ordered a new 2013 carrera.
Having received my new car and only putting 156 miles on it, I must admit it brings me back to that feeling I had for many years with my corvettes! I just felt the need to express to my corvette faithful how much I enjoyed my corvettes and only hope that all of you thoroughly enjoy your new C7's!
Maybe the new design will bring a younger group to the corvette breed. I can say that maybe, at least this old timer, it was time to move on. I wish all of you many happy miles of driving!
...me too, went to put my name on the list for allocations of the '14 GT3 just yesterday.

Quick Reply: Decided to leave the C7 behind