Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

All new Ford GT 2015 teaser trailer

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My e-***** is bigger than your e-*****!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky...
My e-***** is bigger than your e-*****!
I'm sure mine is , but even if it isn't, it still works as good as it did when I was 16, the guy in the 60's manhood is permanently down for the count

Last edited by NytmereZ; 05-27-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vigalante
Let's see sonny, I'm old enough to be your father and was racing cars back in the early 60's so I do have some experience, both drag racing and Lime Rock! Yes, I've driven the ZR1 and owned a 2006 Viper, and currently have a 13 Boss with a Hellion twin system on it. The Boss, for what I'm looking for as a street car is the best of the 3. If I ever want to go back to the road courses, I can throw on a few thousand # of suspension upgrades, and a decent set of tires and definitely run with most production cars. Having said that, I expect you'll have some BS to throw back at me, so I'll await your reply!

All are decent performing cars, and having put up that video, I was simply looking for feedback, not some snot nosed kid, thinking he's the s***s!
Sonny?, funny I have a 12 boss with a procharger, and some other bolt-on's, the hellion kits IMO ...... Well You get what you pay for.

Boost controller button? You are stuck in the Stone Age even my Busa uses an AMS 1000

I can respect the GN you once had, but again at 1000 HP , its gonna be crap on the street even with a 3000 plus stall, that company is long out of business , I can drive my viper everyday with 1000 HP , my boss puts over 600 to the wheels, and can be driven everyday run meth that I only have to refill every moth, completely hidden) , busa sounds a little different and is loud, as I use dump pipes, but rides normal and smooth , thanks to the ams 1000, and gen 2 busa ecu, which has much more tuning capability than the gen 1

The turbo you posted was not intended for example, you simply don't have any knowledge of new cars or technology ( I have an uncle who had a GN in the 80's, he is also stuck in the 80's

Lastly I don't have to post pictures or videos of girls with nice body's,( much better than that girl) because I only jump women like that

Hint: coming directly from a mid 20's figure model sitting right next to me

"Old geezers posting pictures of young women is just creepy"

Last edited by NytmereZ; 05-27-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Sonny?, funny I have a 12 boss with a procharger, and some other bolt-on's, the hellion kits IMO ...... Well You get what you pay for.

Boost controller button? You are stuck in the Stone Age even my Busa uses an AMS 1000

I can respect the GN you once had, but again at 1000 HP , its gonna be crap on the street even with a 3000 plus stall, that company is long out of business , I can drive my viper everyday with 1000 HP , my boss puts over 600 to the wheels, and can be driven everyday run meth that I only have to refill every moth, completely hidden) , busa sounds a little different and is loud, as I use dump pipes, but rides normal and smooth , thanks to the ams 1000, and gen 2 busa ecu, which has much more tuning capability than the gen 1

The turbo you posted was not intended for example, you simply don't have any knowledge of new cars or technology ( I have an uncle who had a GN in the 80's, he is also stuck in the 80's

Lastly I don't have to post pictures or videos of girls with nice body's,( much better than that girl) because I only jump women like that

Pinky was right, your imagined e-***** is longer than mine, by a few yards! .... A hero in his own mind....you win, Bruce!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

This thread delivers!
Now post pics of that chick already...
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

I imagine the same reason that Chrysler makes the Viper, marketing, and bragging rights. (and perhaps to have a nice large poster in every dealership proclaiming YOU make the world's fastest American sports car!) Currently the Viper holds the "Rings" record over the ZR1.

What would a 3000 lb. redone FORD GT, limited to say 1000 cars at 800+ H.P. do for their image in the sports car category? (Much less the uniqueness, and resale value of a very limited run of these!) Isn't it bad enough that a lowly $67K Mustang can hang with both the $125K Viper and the $100+K ZR1!

You also have to realize that about a decade ago, Saleen and Steeda Mustangs were wiping the road race course of the Corvettes and Vipers, and with that said, another $10-$15K worth of suspension work and tires, could very well do it again!
Chrysler makes the Viper because -gasp- it is profitable.

Wixom assy is closed, Ford is consolidating plants and closing some down.....No Ford GT will ever happen again. Ford has no interest in making more RWD platforms.....

Comparing a modified Mustang to a Corvette is stupid

Last edited by VRYALT3R3D; 05-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:00 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D

Comparing a modified Mustang to a Corvette is stupid

Why, it's been proven in the 1980's and 1990's that the Mustang continually beat the Corvette on IMSA courses!

I find nothing about the Viper being profitable BUT I did find this....

Hell, even a hybrid Viper is possible these days. The obvious question to Press and his team would be “if these or any other opportunities exist to expand the Viper range and make it profitable, why sell it? Why not make it work yourselves?” Anyway, according to reports potential buyers include icons Roush and Saleen, names already known for their tuning and small-scale manufacturing expertise.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10809151...le-going-ahead

Last edited by vigalante; 05-30-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Why, it's been proven in the 1980's and 1990's that the Mustang continually beat the Corvette on IMSA courses!
Aftermarket, 3rd party. Not OEM.

I find nothing about the Viper being profitable BUT I did find this....
The reason the Viper was continued was because it IS profitable. Do you honestly think they would keep a plant around, spends billions on updating the car to sell it for a loss?

Either way, The Ford GT is not coming back. Not for the next 10 years at least.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Aftermarket, 3rd party. Not OEM.

The reason the Viper was continued was because it IS profitable. Do you honestly think they would keep a plant around, spends billions on updating the car to sell it for a loss?

Either way, The Ford GT is not coming back. Not for the next 10 years at least.
Yes, a few after market privateers BEAT the factory Corvettes!

And this....

Essentially, SRT becomes a brand with its own vehicle, in this case the SRT Viper.

Why? Chrysler wants to elevate the SRT brand, and Chrysler sees the SRT Viper as the halo vehicle for the brand, said Chrysler spokesman Dan Reid.

“SRT is the high-performance end of the company,” Reid said in a telephone interview. “The whole brand philosophy and the branding separation between Dodge and SRT will evolve over time. This is kind of that first step establishing what SRT means to the company and what that car means to the brand.”

But I think there is another reason for dropping “Dodge.” Call it an international strategy.

Chrysler can market the car as the SRT Viper outside the United States without links to the Dodge brand and any baggage the Dodge name carries globally. The car might be able to command a higher price, too.

For example, the SRT Viper could be sold in a Maserati dealership in China or an Alfa Romeo store in Italy, and the name Dodge, tied to mainstream U.S. vehicles, especially trucks, will be nowhere to be found.

Reid won’t talk about international strategy. He said a little information will be announced in April at the New York auto show, where the redesigned car will be unveiled.

Over the years, a handful of Vipers have been exported. From my point of view, dropping “Dodge” gives Chrysler more options for selling the SRT Viper globally. And, more options generally mean more sales.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/2011...#ixzz2UqCxpRqa

You do know what a HALO vehicle is?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:16 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Old geezers posting pictures of young women is just creepy
"
As far as cars it's all preference! Go drive a 900awhp GTR it's makes almost everything feel slow on the street! I almost got a ride in a 1150awhp T1 car, but our schedules didn't align. It was supposed to be awe inspiring.

What's up with the comment I quoted in RED? You think all of a sudden you stop finding women pretty or something? I hope when you are 50 or 60 that you are head over heels for women your own age for your own sake.

As a late 30's guy I think you are breaking a few man code rules being such a d$ck. I've told girls the same "He's creeping on me.....ewwwww."
Old 05-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Btw I also own a 400 + HP fully built hyabusa.
Traction must be a wee bit of a problem.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:53 AM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

You do know what a HALO vehicle is?
Yes I do.

Either way, Ford GT.....not coming back.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Yes I do.

Either way, Ford GT.....not coming back.
Guess that's why the title of the thread says TEASER!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jasil
As far as cars it's all preference! Go drive a 900awhp GTR it's makes almost everything feel slow on the street! I almost got a ride in a 1150awhp T1 car, but our schedules didn't align. It was supposed to be awe inspiring.

What's up with the comment I quoted in RED? You think all of a sudden you stop finding women pretty or something? I hope when you are 50 or 60 that you are head over heels for women your own age for your own sake.

As a late 30's guy I think you are breaking a few man code rules being such a d$ck. I've told girls the same "He's creeping on me.....ewwwww."
Man codes? Hooking up with women 7-10 years younger than me, is nothing, and you think that violates a man code, are you a woman? you must be old, as that is no gap at all,

I habe a 1000hp viper, had an 8 second fox, I've driven an 800awhp GTR ( took it easy in the viper, embarrassed it in the fox ), I've driven a 1500 HP gallardo, nothing, and I do mean nothing comes close to riding a 400 HP busa, most people can't handle a stage 1 240 HP busa, you have no place in this post, your "man code" comment is ridiculous.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:18 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix
Traction must be a wee bit of a problem.
The ams -1000 helps with that, the bike is 8 over and has Michelin power ones on it with hook better than than the shinko dr, but there will always be tire spin , unless I put traction control on it, which I would never do.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:15 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Guess that's why the title of the thread says TEASER!!!
Not made by Ford..

Quick Reply: All new Ford GT 2015 teaser trailer