Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

HellCat the fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:35 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

AWESOME !!!!! I want one.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Tour18
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dayum! Never been into the 'Stop Light to Stop Light' thing, but my horizons are expandable. At Chrysler prices, you could park one of those AND a new C7 in the garage. A man would be set for some reasonable period of time.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

To the haters - I guess some "pigs" can fly. lol

Just Epic on so many levels.

Amazing.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:28 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

In fantasy world, I'd rather have the 71 Hemi Challenger in black with a shaker hood. Hellcat will definitely surprise and embarrass everything short of a GTR or Turbo Porsche at the stop light. On another note, the drivetrain and rear end must be pretty tough to take the shock of all that power to move 2+ tons of car that quick.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Beaz
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the Hellcat is neat, and I tip my hat to Chrysler/Fiat for birthing this demon car. However these times make no sense. With those skinny tires, power to weight ratio, and a very basic TC system, I just can't see how this car turns anything close to these numbers.

Only time will tell once the public gets a hold of it I guess.

EDIT: My mistake for not paying attention, I guess the car was on slicks for the 10.8 pass. That seems more reasonable. A stock stingray can almost break into the 10's on slicks.

Last edited by Beaz; 07-11-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
To the haters - I guess some "pigs" can fly. lol

Just Epic on so many levels.

Amazing.
I LOVE IT, and just found the perfect 700+HP daily driver to replace my 2008 Challenger SRT8 Daily Driver in a couple of years!

I wonder how well the Blizzak Snow Tires that I run 1/2 the year hear in the Midwest will hook up on the Hellcat.

I'll take one in White with Black Wheels and black side stripes just like the one shown in this pic. below, LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...news/130529997

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 07-12-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Jet Stream Blue Z06
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't they keep saying "The fastest MUSCLE CAR ever built"?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
A. You would have to buy a Dodge.
B. Do you really need that much horsepower for any reason?
C. You would have to buy a Dodge.
D. A & C Only
And you think a Chevy is better? Get real, that Hellcat is an impressive car for sure. My stock Z06 has given me more trouble than my stock Dodge Charger and my stock Dodge SUV.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:48 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Default What?

Originally Posted by fredl11
Why wasn't he on tires that come with the car?? Maybe tooooo much Hp and TQ. That was their problem in the 70's on street tires they smoked the tires to the rims and everybody else hooked up. But once on slicks they were hard to beat
That was everyone s problem in the 70s,nothing hooked up.Why do you say everyone else hooked up?That is simply false!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:50 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Default In your dreams

Originally Posted by Beaz
I think the Hellcat is neat, and I tip my hat to Chrysler/Fiat for birthing this demon car. However these times make no sense. With those skinny tires, power to weight ratio, and a very basic TC system, I just can't see how this car turns anything close to these numbers.

EDIT: My mistake for not paying attention, I guess the car was on slicks for the 10.8 pass. That seems more reasonable. A stock stingray can almost break into the 10's on slicks.
A stock stingray can almost break into the 10s?Where did you see that?On the moon?Come on man get real.Hellcat ran 10.85 on drag radials.Stingray may see 11.8 at best.Nowhere near a 10 second slip .
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

I think the srt team seriously deserves to be praised for putting a 4400 pound car in the high ten, low eleven second club all stock.That is blistering fast for a car that size.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by mfear
Fastest production car ever made? Not close.
I think the Mopar guys stated fastest MUSCLE CAR ever made?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:02 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaz

Not slicks Drag radials which a lot of us use.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:15 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by camirocz
I think the srt team seriously deserves to be praised for putting a 4400 pound car in the high ten, low eleven second club all stock.That is blistering fast for a car that size.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:44 AM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mfear
Fastest production car ever made? Not close.
What do you call "not close" . How much quicker does a production car have to be for you to consider it not close?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro53
The new Dodge Hellcat is said to be the fastest MUSCLE car ever made. 11.2 sec @ 125mph quarter mile with stock tires.Think this is true?
fixed.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:39 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermassive
Lol this is cute...

Current Record holder:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...d/viewall.html

Also the Hellcat is shown on a list at #15, and the cars it somehow defies logic and physics to beat on that list kinda make me feel like something is super fishy about the car that ran those times. The SRT Viper GTS has a better power to weight ratio than that hellcat can ever hope to achieve and with the Viper's 375's I don't really get it.

The other thing that trip's me out about this car is that it's trapping a really low speed for a 1/4 for it's time. The only other cars that have similar trap speeds are the GT-R (11.0 @ 125.1mph) and the Noble M400 (119 @ 11.4). So unless Chrysler somehow managed to make a traction control system for a RWD that is on par with AWD systems these numbers seem fudged, and I will accept them grudgingly until the car is in the hands of actual testers and not the PR team trying to hype up the SRT badge to keep it afloat.

All that said I like the car, but the hype is killing me...it's a powerful, heavy, boat of a car and looks mean. If the numbers are real it may well humiliate it's fair share of cars at stop lights, but the Hellcat will become a fading memory in the rearview mirror of a C7 Stingray on any road with curves.

Those times are NHRA certified...Faster times will be had in cooler weather...

Get notified of new replies

To HellCat the fastest?

Old 07-13-2014, 01:30 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
If my memory serves me this board was full of people discussing 1/4 mile times from day one, and maybe even some fictitious postings at that.

Why not applaud Chrysler/Fiat for kicking some A$$!
I also see a 1/4 fast list on this site as well, most of the people who bash the hellcat(but just can't stop talking about it... ) are brand loyalists who think the corvette is the only sports car in the world... Everything else is crap.
A large majority of those people will never see any kind of track , but will brag published numbers, and use allot of wax.

707 hp is the highest produced number ever from an American production car, and is a great achievement .
Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Charlie M
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15 threads about friggin' steering wheels, and this thread gets moved. BOOO. Dodge should offer a set of drag radials stock as a track pack. No need to hate, its an awesome car. Wonder what these cars bring? Even if I wanted one, I bet the dealers would price out of this world.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:09 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Those times are NHRA certified...Faster times will be had in cooler weather...
Yep, they sure will. Just wait till that beast gets some cold air to breathe. It amazes me how some will doubt the times even though it was verified by NHRA. I guess all of those doubters would like some wine to go with their crow right about now. Too bad SRT didn't give the option for Trofeos to be a factory option.

And those brand blind people, I bet the Challenger will hold it's value better than a Corvette. I know this all too well with my vettes.

Quick Reply: HellCat the fastest?