Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Dodge President/CEO Mocks Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
oh so let me guess, you've raced every single car ever made....wow, it must be nice to have your superpowers. Tell me, how is someone who doesn't own every car ever made supposed to get info on how well the car does on a track? Answer that question genius.

I love it when idiots think they're some sort of racing guru and post up idiotic schit like that, it really shows their true intelligence, or should I say lack thereof.

Lemme guess, in your little mind the 918 didn't break the 7 minute mark on Nurburgring because you, being a pro racer and all didn't do it.......mmmmm, yeah, right.
I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Where did he say that one needs to personally race every single car?

What he meant was that those of us that track cars understand what goes into getting lap times versus those that don't track their cars.

Driver, track surface conditions, suspension setup, driver, temperature, humidity, tires, DA, driver etc have huge outcomes on comparisons.

You can't just say "Bob last year drove a 918 X-lap so it's directly equal and comparable to today's Z06 X-lap with Mero".

By far the best comparisons are same track, same day with the same driver like Pobst.

Really the only variables left are if the manufacturers give the testers a car with a problem or Pobst get's tired or doesn't drive one car "hard" enough. He's only human so I'm sure he prefers certain type of cars and setups.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:41 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

oh so let me guess, you've raced every single car ever made....wow, it must be nice to have your superpowers. Tell me, how is someone who doesn't own every car ever made supposed to get info on how well the car does on a track? Answer that question genius.
My response to you:

Old 09-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Lightning Lap times are definitely impressive for the Z06. Especially against the McLaren and the GT3.

Having said that

- Cooling "issues" have still not been addressed for year two of production. This could be very bad if you plan on doing more than one "lap" around a track.

- Z06 had The most horsepower out of this group of cars driven for this event.

- Missing where some big players: Ferrari 488, 911 Turbo - Both of which are very apt comparison HP wise and being FI - also would have liked to see the Lambo Aventador SV, McLaren P1 in that group.

So is the new Z06 a true track marvel or more of a fast stunt car that can rip a few good laps for magazines and press (sometimes) before serious issues arise?
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
........ Please , more magazine quotes, from a waxer , you talk about the 918 like it's just another car, you will never see one in anything but a magazine in your life, I probably won't either.

Where are you times and videos? Face it you are a waxer, real car guys could give a crap about "Ring times" ,and waxer guys like you also have to face the reality that the C7Z's times were so crappy GM didn't even post them, give it up already.
Prove to me that you've raced professionally and I just may take you seriously, until then, I think you're just a bit of a troll and windbag. Tell me Mr. Professional Racer, what tracks have you raced at, who are your sponsors? Post a pic of your racecar seeing as how you are be all and end all of racing. I'll be right here waiting for you to prove me wrong.

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Where did he say that one needs to personally race every single car?

What he meant was that those of us that track cars understand what goes into getting lap times versus those that don't track their cars.

Driver, track surface conditions, suspension setup, driver, temperature, humidity, tires, DA, driver etc have huge outcomes on comparisons.

You can't just say "Bob last year drove a 918 X-lap so it's directly equal and comparable to today's Z06 X-lap with Mero".

By far the best comparisons are same track, same day with the same driver like Pobst.

Really the only variables left are if the manufacturers give the testers a car with a problem or Pobst get's tired or doesn't drive one car "hard" enough. He's only human so I'm sure he prefers certain type of cars and setups.
My reading comprehension is just fine, he said that people who put faith in magazine times aren't racers so I asked how are people who don't have access to every car produced supposed to get information on how well a car does on a track except for reading it in a respected auto magazine. You're telling me that because I don't race my car, all the times that magazines post are worthless but if someone does race the magazine times that they post are valid.

I find it comical that most people in here maybe take their "stock" cars to a race track a few times in the summer and then all of a sudden they know everything there is to know about racing, they even have a the gall to compare themselves to professionals. You see unlike those people I don't pretend to be a racer, I'm not a poseur and until someone can show me some sort evidence that they actually race on a road course they are just a bunch of blowhards.

Tell me, what the hell does you or anyone else have to do with me posting a time? How exactly by you racing anything change the fact that a Z06 did a Lightning Lap in the time of 2:41:3, seriously, I don't get it. By me posting that I guess I ruffled a feathers judging from all the response I have gotten, seems to me that there are a lot of jealous people in here feeling buttsore because their precious cars can't match that time.

Originally Posted by NineBall
My response to you:

My response to you is:

See my writings above.

Last edited by themonk; 09-08-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Prove to me that you've raced professionally and I just may take you seriously, until then, I think you're just a bit of a troll and windbag. Tell me Mr. Professional Racer, what tracks have you raced at, who are your sponsors? Post a pic of your racecar seeing as how you are be all and end all of racing. I'll be right here waiting for you to prove me wrong.

My reading comprehension is just fine, he said that people who put faith in magazine times aren't racers so I asked how are people who don't have access to every car produced supposed to get information on how well a car does on a track except for reading it in a respected auto magazine. You're telling me that because I don't race my car, all the times that magazines post are worthless but if someone does race the magazine times that they post are valid.

I find it comical that most people in here maybe take their "stock" cars to a race track a few times in the summer and then all of a sudden they know everything there is to know about racing, they even have a the gall to compare themselves to professionals. You see unlike those people I don't pretend to be a racer, I'm not a poseur and until someone can show me some sort evidence that they actually race on a road course they are just a bunch of blowhards.

Tell me, what the hell does you or anyone else have to do with me posting a time? How exactly by you racing anything change the fact that a Z06 did a Lightning Lap in the time of 2:41:3, seriously, I don't get it. By me posting that I guess I ruffled a feathers judging from all the response I have gotten, seems to me that there are a lot of jealous people in here feeling buttsore because their precious cars can't match that time.

My response to you is:

See my writings above.
Re:

Originally Posted by themonk View Post
is everyone aware that the Z did the Lightning Lap at VIR in 2:41:3.......the 918 did it in 2:43:1.
You have zero clue what "context" is.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:59 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Tell me, what the hell does you or anyone else have to do with me posting a time? How exactly by you racing anything change the fact that a Z06 did a Lightning Lap in the time of 2:41:3, seriously, I don't get it.
In typical magazine racer fashion, you selectively compare results and claim all else equal, if the times benefit your position. You claimed the Z06 is faster than the 918. While it is fact that the Z06 put down a better time than the 918, you fail to understand that the Z06 was driven by a GM test driver, who has more track time in Corvettes than any other GM employee. The 918 was driven by a magazine journalist, with mediocre driving skill. Do you see the difference here? Put the 918 on the track with a Porsche factory driver, and you'll see different results out of the car. This is why magazine racers fail at racing discussions, they do not understand the variables, or how to accurately compare results.

But, since you like reading articles, here is another one for you to read. It relates directly to your topic, of claiming the Z06 is faster than the 918. Pay special attention to the third paragraph.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/watch-t...ional-raceway/

Originally Posted by Car & Driver
"So does the Z06’s 2:41.3 mean that it’s quicker than the 918? Well, no, not really. The Z06 scorcher—4.3 seconds quicker than GM’s time at the track for the C6 ZR1—was laid down by engineer Jim Mero, one of the Corvette program’s hottest shoes, and someone who has perhaps spent more time thrashing the 2015 Z06 than anyone else on the planet. Chevrolet also no doubt spent several hours, if not days, at VIR doing development work in concert with achieving the lap. In contrast, our editors’ first time lapping a performance car in anger often occurs during the Lightning Lap competition itself, and time restrictions—we often have more than two dozen cars to assess in a three-day window—generally mean that we only get 15 to 20 laps to record our top times."
So, please exit the racing discussion. You've already proven to us that you know nothing of the subject. Sit back, relax, and maybe learn something.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

So, please exit the racing discussion. You've already proven to us that you know nothing of the subject. Sit back, relax, and maybe learn something.
Could you imagine someone with 53,000 posts on CF doing what you say above?
Old 09-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
Could you imagine someone with 53,000 posts on CF doing what you say above?
What, learning something? Didn't you know? Everyone on CF is an automotive expert in every way No need to learn what you already know
Old 09-09-2015, 11:45 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Prove to me that you've raced professionally and I just may take you seriously, until then, I think you're just a bit of a troll and windbag. Tell me Mr. Professional Racer, what tracks have you raced at, who are your sponsors? Post a pic of your racecar seeing as how you are be all and end all of racing. I'll be right here waiting for you to prove me wrong

Where the hell is anyone on this thread claiming to be "Pro Race Car Driver"

We have Jobs, work hard for what we buy, a true race car is something that can't be driven on the street, however I have had my fair share of very fast cars, been racing in since I was 17(I'm 38) , yes I can drive, have you ever gone single digits in a car?, do you know how hard a jump from 10's - 9's - 8's is?
How about doing that first accidental big wheelie(in a car) it's pretty scary since all you see is sky, no more road, hoping the landing doesn't to any real damage.
Do you know how it feels doing 7.20's at over 240mph 1/4 times on a totally street legal bike , or 8.80's in an old fox body ?

I don't have to prove anything to you, I have set up plenty of CF drag events at Byron dragway(when this place wasn't a bunch of waxers like you)
Many of people are still on here,(ask MVR 155 about my driving skills, as he can drive the hell out of his car as well)
My advice to you it to put down the magazines, go to the strip and start practicing , you will be lucky to get your base C7 into the 12's , I've seen people like you ,over and over....

Last edited by NytmereZ; 09-09-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:38 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

I've been a "pro" race car driver. Meaning, I've collected W2 and 1099 forms for racing and test driving cars and reporting on their performance. Professional just means paid, right? In fact, all of my cars have been paid for by my car related businesses.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:46 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

My response to you:

^^got to admit, this is funny
Old 09-13-2015, 01:57 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

In typical magazine racer fashion, you selectively compare results and claim all else equal, if the times benefit your position. You claimed the Z06 is faster than the 918. While it is fact that the Z06 put down a better time than the 918, you fail to understand that the Z06 was driven by a GM test driver, who has more track time in Corvettes than any other GM employee. The 918 was driven by a magazine journalist, with mediocre driving skill. Do you see the difference here? Put the 918 on the track with a Porsche factory driver, and you'll see different results out of the car. This is why magazine racers fail at racing discussions, they do not understand the variables, or how to accurately compare results.

But, since you like reading articles, here is another one for you to read. It relates directly to your topic, of claiming the Z06 is faster than the 918. Pay special attention to the third paragraph.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/watch-t...ional-raceway/

how about this, in typical idiotic "you have ZERO clue" fashion, all I did was state two times done by two different cars, you morons read into it what your inept little minds thought was the meaning behind it. I could've said the sky was blue and the Z06 did a lap in X:XX:XX and your insecurity would've made something of it. How do I know your IQ's are equal to that of my underwear? I'll let you try to figure that out.

Then on top of it all you tried to impress everyone in here with your racing prowess (and I was very impressed, so much so I wanted to friend you on Facebook). What exactly were you trying to accomplish by stating that non racers are just waxers, were you in some sort of simple minded way trying to put us down, call us out, make it sound like your knowledge of all things automobile was some how tied in to the fact that you hold a license for racing? I'll tell you what, do as many competitive laps around VIR or 1/4 mile runs down Royal Purple, it doesn't impress me in the least, I have 25 laps at Nurburgring, BFD, all of that does nothing to diminish the fact that the Z06 did the Lightning lap in record time for a 100k car.

Please let the intelligent people in this forum discuss topics which are relevant to the automotive world, you can discuss such simple minded topics such as Frisbee tossing.

word of advice, when it comes to intelligence, all your "racing" experience doesn't hold a candle when compared to me.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:51 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

is everyone aware that the Z did the Lightning Lap at VIR in 2:41:3.......the 918 did it in 2:43:1.

Just for clarity....

The LL time was 2:44.6...Jim Mero(with a GM crew on hand) ran a 2:41 on a previous day.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Everything Nine Ball is saying in response to you is on point. Anyone that understands the difference in drivers would never consider posting something like this. All of your name calling isn't going to change that.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:22 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

word of advice, when it comes to intelligence, all your "racing" experience doesn't hold a candle when compared to me.
All talk, no proof. I've driven on the Nurburgring too, last year in fact.

Your comments alone, tell us that you aren't knowledgeable in this subject. The intelligence and IQ stuff are pure comedy. I've not personally insulted you, just stated that you seem to be clueless like most magazine article racers are. I've even written for those magazines you worship, so that means you indirectly are a fan of mine.

Quick Reply: Dodge President/CEO Mocks Z06