Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

ACR on order!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
I am real happy for you..........ACR INBOUND!!!
Thanks Dave
Originally Posted by thegame
Dave how is the hellcat treating ya. My buddy finally got a Vin number on his charger hellcat. Should have it by October.
My friend pretraded his charger in on a 15 and never got it and now its a no go. Has to be a 16 and he cant even get the color he originally wanted...I wouldn't be very happy....
Sounds mean as hell !! Such a cool car.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:43 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Yea Steve they changed his 15 to a 16 but now he has a Vin and estimated arrival date.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

My bud is getting his from a huge Viper dealer in Illinois where he has bought MANY cars. Given the fact that he pretraded and is a loyal customer, something regardless of how the allocation/VIN, something should have been done.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lrobe22
very cool!
Not to prod too much... but are dealers flexible on price versus MSRP for these cars? what tracks will you take it to?

hopefully one day i will join the ACR club.
Im not aware of anyone flexing MSRP at this time. Im also not aware of any dealers marking them up.

-Monticello
-Lime Rock

Originally Posted by themonk
Congrats, enjoy!

I recently started thinking about my Corvette ownership and am wondering if I will buy another, not that Corvettes aren't great cars but maybe it's time for something different.....we'll see.
Ive had more vettes than any 1 other car. I strongly came close to the new Z but decided not to for my own reasons. Change sometimes can be good. If you can deal with the unfriendly characteristics of a Viper, then Id strongly consider one. Vipers are similar to Vettes in that they are high horse power rear wheel drive American cars, but then the similarities seem to dissipate.

Thanks for the congrats
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Sounds mean as hell !! Such a cool car.
Thanks Game
Old 09-07-2015, 10:36 AM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Follow-on:
Are the TA's and other non-ACR's flexible in price versus MSRP?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:03 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Well done
ACR is definitely on my radar...just need a bigger garage for the ACR, GT3 and ZR1
Old 09-07-2015, 03:19 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Are you getting the "Extreme Aero"?

last I talked to Tomball/Viper Exchange the extreme package was still on constraint

I thought about getting the 1 of 1 with the ACR extreme package with CCM brakes and AD7 interior.

Last edited by 05dsom; 09-07-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I am getting the extreme aero

can be ordered now
Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by lrobe22
Follow-on:
Are the TA's and other non-ACR's flexible in price versus MSRP?
All Vipers can be ordered just over invoice, or sometimes at invoice, depending on the dealer. That includes the ACR and the TA. I bought my TA for $9K off MSRP.

Boba, congrats on the new ACR. I've not decided if I want one right away, or in a year or two. I'm still enjoying the TA, and would like to figure out how to own both at the same time.

Magazine racer Bob, you can actually have Tomball Dodge or Woodhouse Dodge install the Arrow/Mopar Stage 2 heads/cam/exhaust package and make 660 rwhp (750 crank hp) with a full warranty. All motor. If you order a Viper from Tomball, they will even do the installation labor for free.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NineBall
All Vipers can be ordered just over invoice, or sometimes at invoice, depending on the dealer. That includes the ACR and the TA. I bought my TA for $9K off MSRP.

Boba, congrats on the new ACR. I've not decided if I want one right away, or in a year or two. I'm still enjoying the TA, and would like to figure out how to own both at the same time.

Magazine racer Bob, you can actually have Tomball Dodge or Woodhouse Dodge install the Arrow/Mopar Stage 2 heads/cam/exhaust package and make 660 rwhp (750 crank hp) with a full warranty. All motor. If you order a Viper from Tomball, they will even do the installation labor for free.

Thanks Tony, I loved my TA as well.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

^^^^^

750 HP Naturally aspirated engine with a factory warranty and probably no weight gained wrapped around an incredible track package and real aero. Just wow.

I think the ACR just won.

So damn impressive.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Can't wait to see it, Boba.

As much as I hate to say it, I just sent my ZR1 down the road (along with my 60 and 67). I miss her already.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
^^^^^

750 HP Naturally aspirated engine with a factory warranty and probably no weight gained wrapped around an incredible track package and real aero. Just wow.

I think the ACR just won.

So damn impressive.
one day Im gonna meet up with u at Leguna...
Originally Posted by Capt Van
Can't wait to see it, Boba.

As much as I hate to say it, I just sent my ZR1 down the road (along with my 60 and 67). I miss her already.
ha....U got rid of the ZR??? what gives?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Im not aware of anyone flexing MSRP at this time. Im also not aware of any dealers marking them up.

-Monticello
-Lime Rock

Ive had more vettes than any 1 other car. I strongly came close to the new Z but decided not to for my own reasons. Change sometimes can be good. If you can deal with the unfriendly characteristics of a Viper, then Id strongly consider one. Vipers are similar to Vettes in that they are high horse power rear wheel drive American cars, but then the similarities seem to dissipate.

Thanks for the congrats
boba, you really need to drive a gen 5, it rides very much like a new vette , only not as numb , and obviously much more desirable .
Old 09-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
ha....U got rid of the ZR??? what gives?
Long story but a collector has been interested in my 67 for sometime and we could never get together on price. He was visiting a friend in FL and called to see if he could come and look at it. When he was there after driving it we got a lot closer to a price. He was asking about Karen's 60 and said he was also interested in it but we were miles apart on price. We went out to lunch in the ZR as he had never been in one and started talking about owning one, and me and my big mouth said this one could be yours.

When we got back he said he wanted all 3 so the haggling began, turned out he wanted them more than I thought and wrote a very substantial check, he was happy and they went to a good home. I'm surprised I sold them but the hunt is on for something else.

You know the old adage "money walks and bs walks" and he had the wallet.

Not sure if it had anything to do with it but the day before the transporter was to pick them up, while I was getting them ready I suffered a heart attack and had to have another stent put in. Ended up delaying the shipment for a week but they are all delivered now. This all just happened about a month ago. I'm doing some serious R&R at the beach in the panhandle. I've already looked at a 62 and a 58, no buy yet.

I am thinking about doing the 1 of 1 ACR but now taking a long look at the 757 Z06, like Lippy's. She is going to have it at a show tomorrow and I might drive over to check it out.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Capt...1st off Im really glad you're hear to tell being you had a heart attack. I hope alls well with that at this time..

ALMOST everything has a price and so I understand...being that you still have the snake Id go for the 757 and I am a fan of calloway for sure...that being said do what you think will bring you the most pleasure.....enjoy that beach...

Get notified of new replies

To ACR on order!!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm just not catching step as quickly as the last 2 times. Maybe age is creeping up.

When I do order the 1 of 1 I'm thinking that Stryker purple with dark charcoal stripes, possible dark red drives strip, thoughts?

Last edited by Capt Van; 09-11-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Van
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm just not catching step as quickly as the last 2 times. Maybe age is creeping up.

When I do order the 1 of 1 I'm thinking that dark purple with dark charcoal stripes, possible dark red drives strip, thoughts?
The answer is always green.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by Crabbers
The answer is never ever green.
Fixed that right there for ya bud

Quick Reply: ACR on order!!