Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Is Hennessy a ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 01:19 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Of which he has none. He had a venture capitalist financing his operation. The guy got tired of financing a losing operation and pulled out. Hennessey is now busted.
I agree he took every one that he could & after a few good guys saw the written on the wall took off. Then it really went to hell in a hand basket for sure with work & all of it.. For the way he did a lot of people I hope it gets it back in the end some way... Robert
Old 10-29-2018, 01:24 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jerrylogan15
he got me to on my car built for my son who passed away look up jerry&ashley2014 YouTube for videos my car is fkd
Man hate it for you & your loss.Nothing in this life as the loss of a child.. Robert
Old 10-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Or a parent that went too soon.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:21 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrylogan15
he got me to on my car built for my son who passed away look up jerry&ashley2014 YouTube for videos my car is fkd
Sorry, can’t find it. New user, 2 posts? This isn’t some old beef that still hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction is it? I’m not trying to defend Hennessy but I will tell you that his business seems to be doing ok. Every time I pass his facility there is a lot full of vehicles. Mostly Ford F-150s and Raptors, but still a lot of vehicles. A buddy of mine has a neighbor that just bought a lightly used HPE 800. It sure sounds good every time she drives by.

My point is...ALWAYS take anything like this that you find on the internet with a grain of salt and YOUR own research. Give me the facts and I’ll consider jumping on the band wagon with everyone else.

By the way, is Fram still blowing up engines?
Old 10-29-2018, 04:00 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

So is HPE another name for CorvetteMods?
Old 10-29-2018, 04:08 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
So is HPE another name for CorvetteMods?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00002935315310
Old 10-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,216 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Simple enough to do your own google search... and, decide for yourself.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Crowd Plow For Now

If you up on cars, molders and tuners... you know the name Hennessey
Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Avanti
Simple enough to do your own google search... and, decide for yourself.
I searched YouTube as the OP suggested. Nada. Link? I call BS. I’m not saying John Hennessy never screwed anyone. I’m just saying he’s still selling mods and making money. I dislike anyone that perpetuates rumors and propaganda without any reliable OR recent facts. Just regurgitating stuff that’s 10 years old is lazy and stupid. I just posted what I know as fact. Show me some current facts to dispute and I’ll STFU.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Cygnus
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems that all the "bad" stuff about Hennessy ended in early 2016 when some of the management was changed.

His reputation is kind of hit or miss, depends on who you talk to. I know a couple people here in my area that had his shop do work on their cars and they love the guy. Their rides are definitely bad ***.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:12 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C7-Beast
Now that speaks volumes since you did business with NavTool
That is funny but they did come thur in the end on the item for the c7 just took them a good year like to do so. They did give me my money back then when they got it worked out I bought it no bad done... Robert
Old 10-30-2018, 09:29 PM
J Carr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KemahGT

I searched YouTube as the OP suggested. Nada. Link? I call BS. I’m not saying John Hennessy never screwed anyone. I’m just saying he’s still selling mods and making money. I dislike anyone that perpetuates rumors and propaganda without any reliable OR recent facts. Just regurgitating stuff that’s 10 years old is lazy and stupid. I just posted what I know as fact. Show me some current facts to dispute and I’ll STFU.
I don't care if it was 40 years ago. A thief is a thief and always will be. The older threads where Hennessy lost his mind and started going on and on about "internet nut swingers" were highly entertaining though. The dude is a crook and a dick on top of it.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:12 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by KemahGT

Sorry, can’t find it. New user, 2 posts? This isn’t some old beef that still hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction is it? I’m not trying to defend Hennessy but I will tell you that his business seems to be doing ok. Every time I pass his facility there is a lot full of vehicles. Mostly Ford F-150s and Raptors, but still a lot of vehicles. A buddy of mine has a neighbor that just bought a lightly used HPE 800. It sure sounds good every time she drives by.

My point is...ALWAYS take anything like this that you find on the internet with a grain of salt and YOUR own research. Give me the facts and I’ll consider jumping on the band wagon with everyone else.

By the way, is Fram still blowing up engines?

I cannot speak for the last twelve years or so, but before that I had very good information. I’m not going to go so far as to say he purposely scammed people, but the end result was the same. Quite a few people never got what they paid for. I will leave it at that, and it’s not internet folklore. And some of what I know for a fact was at least highly unethical.

I know some here will take issue with what I am saying. Because I had some insider information I am measuring my words carefully. The people who are saying bad stuff about him are fundamentally not wrong.

Last edited by jschindler; 10-31-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:15 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

I hang out at Houston Raceway Park and Evadale quit a bit and there is no love lost for hennessey.

I guess my point would be is this.....with his highly questionable reputation, why would anybody consider taking their car there?

Whether I'm in a Ford, GM, or Dodge, there are plenty of shops out there without reputations as bad as hennessey, so why even think about them?
Old 10-31-2018, 06:08 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I know that this discussion has it's roots back in 2016, but after skimming through it, I must say that people must have a short memory. I've been posting regularly here, since 2001, and back when I was a "noobie", there was an intense discussion going on about John Hennessey. I'd say this was around 2002-2003, and it involved a poster, who I seem to recall lived in Hawaii, and I think went by the user name "No Mercy". He sent his car to HPE, for a "full tilt upgrade", and got ROYALLY screwed over by them. He went on to completely document his experience here, at CF, for everyone to see.

And after reading those posts, I'd see yet another article in some "car magazine" about a new and more exciting HPE package, and I'd think to myself, "How is this possible"? In fact, a number of years ago, 'Car and Driver' magazine did an article about HPE's negative escapades.....

Quick Reply: Is Hennessy a ripoff?