Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Viper

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:48 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Viper

why so much hate for the Dodge Viper on this board? I've never driven one but I think they look more exotic then the z06! beside the looks what's your take on a it hopefully from guys who drove or owned one!
Old 12-19-2016, 11:52 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Beats me.

IMO it's a cool rig. Sad to see it go. Fewer kickazz sports cars for us enthusiasts is not a good thing.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:57 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm gonna keep the vette for 2 years and gonna give the viper a go!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:07 AM
MikeSVT04
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I want a gen v someday, but the oil/engine issue scares me.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:22 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by nunii
why so much hate for the Dodge Viper on this board?
Because the name of this site is Corvette Forum?

Seriously, as a former owner, I can say it's not about the car...it's this website's history regarding an invasion of Viper Trolls a few years back and their blatant disrespecting of Vette owners/members.

Last edited by sunsalem; 12-20-2016 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:40 AM
jetlag
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeSVT04
I want a gen v someday, but the oil/engine issue scares me.
Meh, It's one of those things.

Same could be said of the A8 in Corvettes. Some people are now adamant about not taking the risk on those

I love my GenV, it's an amazing car. I guess I'm just selling it to go with a A8 C7Z.

I figure I'll trade in a junk motor for a junk transmission.

(Disclaimer: This is all in good fun, no flame suit please)
Old 12-20-2016, 03:11 AM
gymdoc
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

As a former Viper owner I find the crowd on this forum to be a bunch of kitties in comparison to the viper forum.. Correct me if I'm wrong Jetlag, but if you saw the types of comments made on this forum being made on ViperAlley you'd get kicked off after getting your a$$ rimmed.. Everybody here praises how each others Z06's are so pretty with all the extra bling and dress-up crap.. my god man, no viper owner would ever put something on their car if didn't serve a functional purpose....

I mean look at some of the topics here.. its either about a new car order, or CAI, or X-pipe, or how much HP the CAI adds.. or high fiving each other on their new car, or my favorite: I picked up my new Z.. how is everyone washing their Z? REALLY??

Viper is badass.. I totaled my gen4, and sadly Gen5 didn't come in convertible which was a deal breaker so I had to settle back to a vette.

Additionally the viper has that rarity coolness where as you see multiple vettes on any given day..
Old 12-20-2016, 03:26 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Seriously, as a former owner, I can say it's not about the car...it's this website's history regarding an invasion of Viper Trolls a few years back and their blatant disrespecting of Vette owners/members.
with the bolded part. I think most people here like the Viper, but it's not about that. I think it's more of the fact that some (not all) Viper owners that visit this site were extremely rude and being what some might consider trolls.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:36 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gymdoc
As a former Viper owner I find the crowd on this forum to be a bunch of kitties in comparison to the viper forum.. Correct me if I'm wrong Jetlag, but if you saw the types of comments made on this forum being made on ViperAlley you'd get kicked off after getting your a$$ rimmed.. Everybody here praises how each others Z06's are so pretty with all the extra bling and dress-up crap.. my god man, no viper owner would ever put something on their car if didn't serve a functional purpose....

I mean look at some of the topics here.. its either about a new car order, or CAI, or X-pipe, or how much HP the CAI adds.. or high fiving each other on their new car, or my favorite: I picked up my new Z.. how is everyone washing their Z? REALLY??

Viper is badass.. I totaled my gen4, and sadly Gen5 didn't come in convertible which was a deal breaker so I had to settle back to a vette.

Additionally the viper has that rarity coolness where as you see multiple vettes on any given day..
I myself also wouldn't add something to a car that wasn't functional, so with that out of the way, what's wrong with asking questions about an order or congratulating someone in their new car? I mean especially the congratulating someone stuff, it's just being nice and/or welcoming a new member. There's absolutely nothing wrong in my mind being nice to someone...

I do agree with your comments regarding the Viper however and think it's an awesome car. I wouldn't mind owning a brand new ACR as a track car. I love the rarity factor as well, and its always nice when you get a few minutes alone with one in a parking lot.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:37 AM
gymdoc
Racer

you're right.. they can be brutally honest and also view the vette as an inferior car in comparison, so I can see how that can be translated into being a troll..

Frankly I even find myself fighting myself as to why I went back to a vette sometimes!!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

you're right.. they can be brutally honest and also view the vette as an inferior car in comparison, so I can see how that can be translated into being a troll..

Frankly I even find myself fighting myself as to why I went back to a vette sometimes!!
It wasn't the whole "being honest" thing. There were lots of people who were extremely rude to Corvette owners, a lot of the times it had nothing to do with the cars.

As far as the cars go, I like both, I dont see why more people can't be car enthusiasts...
Old 12-20-2016, 03:42 AM
gymdoc
Racer

Guess you could say the vette forum brotherhood is way more chill and friendly where as you gotta earn your wings and go through some tough love for acceptance on the viper forum..
Old 12-20-2016, 03:43 AM
gymdoc
Racer

my first impression on viper forum was "man what a bunch of a-holes"
Old 12-20-2016, 03:50 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

my first impression on viper forum was "man what a bunch of a-holes"
Guess you could say the vette forum brotherhood is way more chill and friendly where as you gotta earn your wings and go through some tough love for acceptance on the viper forum..
I think that doesn't translate to the real world though. Out of the Vette and Viper owners I've talked to, all of them are equally as nice.

Last edited by four0nefive; 12-20-2016 at 03:51 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:55 AM
gymdoc
Racer

415-- SF or Marin county?
Old 12-20-2016, 04:06 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

415-- SF or Marin county?
Neither, I'm in Western Washington.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:17 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

I think you and talking about they alley, the VOA is one of the best car forums on the net, no bickering, no viper vs (insert car), unlike here where people argue and hate on not just any car that isn't a vette, but on different corvette models!!
Right now there is a topic on the C7Z section where the OP(C7Z owner) is mad about the new Grand sport getting rave reviews ... it's pretty sad.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 12-20-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Viper

Old 12-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Truth is you have way too much emotion around here. I'm guessing this thread started in C7Z???

Too many guys react to criticism and any feedback that isn't positive like as if it were their wife/kids being spoken about.

Just the other day I posted in the "ring time" thread and was called a "vipertroll" by poster #5. Nothing was said about Vipers, but because I own 1 and feel that its total bullchyt that the time was never released (like promised by GM), I not only was labeled a troll but a vipertroll. Translation - own something other than a vette (esp a formidable competitor), your opinion doesn't matter. This is the attitude high school girls should have, not grown men.

Whats totally comical is that I still own a vette and have owned several (more than Vipers) and have been around here longer than that poster. This is the corvette forum...true....so should we not discuss other cars....LMAO...I cant ever rem going to the track/races/cars and coffee and only discussing the car I own. Pretty lame. Sure some of the viper owner started clowning guys over here and maybe some took it to far....but for some others, it was because they couldn't believe how sensitive some are over here and how they reacted and so they did it for entertainment.

When the C7Z first came out, indeed I was a critic of it, and like many, when concerns are expressed and they didn't align with the fanbois, you're labeled disrespectful and a troll, pretty pathetic in my honest opinion. Whats even funnier, is eventually, Ill probably still wind up adding a C7Z to the stable.

As for the Viper, I'm on my 3rd one. Currently a VE stage 2 ACR-E. If youre a true sports car enthusiast, I do not see how you cant be a fan of this car. The car is true to its roots like no other and is totally and entirely exactly what its meant to be.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 PM
gymdoc
Racer

nice..!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:39 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Vipers are badass all day long!

Quick Reply: Viper