Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Just went Italian

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 02:10 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Oh, believe you me. We read all the reviews. haha. That is why I personally was torn. I wanted the the Zl1 or the Lexus LC500. I was even cross shopping the Bentley GT. But, we were drawn to this car. The tech on this car is so outdated it's not even funny. Supposedly, their '18's are refreshed. And yea, we go through cars every year or two so we don't plan on having it long term. She'll prob put 5000 miles on it in a year so. I don't care about the cost honestly. That is what the warranty is for. Now, when I drive it, I'm on it in Sport Mode, up in the rev range every gear shift. haha. I'm gonna dog this thing up while I drive it. I could care less about the next owner.

And the looks we get. My last 5 cars have been a '14 Zl1, '14 GTR, '15 GTR, Lexus RCF, my current '16 Z06/7. The Mazy takes the cakes when it comes to looks. It's truly a gorgeous car. But yes, it's outdated like you wouldn't believe as far as tech goes. Bose system sucks. Nav sucks. No rear camera. No side warnings. No nothing. It has a CD player for crying out loud. Bluetooth ONLY works with Apple. But, having said that, you don't even think about those things when you are driving it. No way could this be my daily. She loves it tho so. I guess that is all that matters. Just turn the radio off and listen to that exhaust. And I agree with someone above. To me, easily in the top 5 of all stock exhaust notes.

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Exactly...a true Grand Tourer.
And what's wrong with that?
Sure, it's no Speed Demon, but who cares when riding around in all that style and rarity?
True. Look. I tried to get her into a muscle/sports car. But, she isn't the type to drive hard. She putts around like an old gma. Just relaxing listening to the radio. She could care less about the details like us. Her Lexus we had for 2 years and only 7000 miles on it so. I kind of expect the same this go around. She likes to ride in the Vette. But anyhow, it is what it is. Maybe the ZR1 is next up for me. I was looking at the Zl1 1LE, but not digging the ride quality reviews. Hopefully the ZR1 isn't as stiff either. Or I might just say fk it and go with a Bentley as my next car. Been eye balling the GT's pretty hard lately.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-18-2017 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make your responses look like this!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:22 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

OP, did you consider the Quadrifoglio Verde? From all reviews, it's a fantastic sports sedan, with one of the best exhaust note, if in Race mode.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:26 PM
davester
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 97 Posts

Beautiful car you have there. My neighbor bought this one in 2011. It was near new and he bought at a good price. Now has 26,000 miles with no issues or problems other than a couple of minor interior trim pieces that were fixed under warranty. I probably put 500-1,000 miles a year on it because he leaves for California a few months out of the year and doesn't want to come home to a dead battery. Not a bad gig! Sexy looks, great exhaust note, certainly not powerful by our standards but a very nice ride all in all. Seats and leather are

hard as rocks on this one but imagine the Italians have gone with much more supple leather lately.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:47 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

OP, good looking Maser. Did you drive the LC 500? If so, what did you think about it?
Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 PM
georgiadawgs
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by txapezl1
Oh, believe you me. We read all the reviews. haha. That is why I personally was torn. I wanted the the Zl1 or the Lexus LC500. I was even cross shopping the Bentley GT. But, we were drawn to this car. The tech on this car is so outdated it's not even funny. Supposedly, their '18's are refreshed. And yea, we go through cars every year or two so we don't plan on having it long term. She'll prob put 5000 miles on it in a year so. I don't care about the cost honestly. That is what the warranty is for. Now, when I drive it, I'm on it in Sport Mode, up in the rev range every gear shift. haha. I'm gonna dog this thing up while I drive it. I could care less about the next owner.

And the looks we get. My last 5 cars have been a '14 Zl1, '14 GTR, '15 GTR, Lexus RCF, my current '16 Z06/7. The Mazy takes the cakes when it comes to looks. It's truly a gorgeous car. But yes, it's outdated like you wouldn't believe as far as tech goes. Bose system sucks. Nav sucks. No rear camera. No side warnings. No nothing. It has a CD player for crying out loud. Bluetooth ONLY works with Apple. But, having said that, you don't even think about those things when you are driving it. No way could this be my daily. She loves it tho so. I guess that is all that matters. Just turn the radio off and listen to that exhaust. And I agree with someone above. To me, easily in the top 5 of all stock exhaust notes.
IMO 5,000 miles in a year or so is not really going through cars unless you drive the **** out of them and that is why you have to change cars?
Old 07-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Mlcn62
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
Probably one of the best sounding OEM exhausts ever.
No question it's the best OEM exhaust! Drives awesome especially in sport mode. People would come up to me at gas stations and ask me if I played for the Philadelphia Eagles or the Phillies! Kids would pose in it for Facebook pics. It got a lot of attention. Once I was sitting with the motor on and a lady open the passenger door and sat down in the passenger seat and said "I'm Penelope, I'm from London, and who might you be?" She went on to tell me how much she loved the car and wanted leave her number. Lol! I did explain I had a nice wife. The Granturismo is one of the most gorgeous cars in the world. They only make about 5000-6000 a year, but it hasn't changed since 2012. The graphics on the nav are laughable, but those big paddle shifters are a lot of fun in sport mode. They heavily discount them, there are a lot of 2016 brand new ones out there, $30,000-$40,000 off. I got $30,000 when I bought mine new. I wouldn't keep it pass the warranty period.

Last edited by Mlcn62; 07-18-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Just went Italian.
Hopin' your wife is the Italian you're referring to, or you might be in for a world of hurt!

Originally Posted by davester
Beautiful car you have there. My neighbor bought this one in 2011. It was near new and he bought at a good price. Now has 26,000 miles with no issues or problems other than a couple of minor interior trim pieces that were fixed under warranty. I probably put 500-1,000 miles a year on it because he leaves for California a few months out of the year and doesn't want to come home to a dead battery. Not a bad gig! Sexy looks, great exhaust note, certainly not powerful by our standards but a very nice ride all in all. Seats and leather are

hard as rocks on this one but imagine the Italians have gone with much more supple leather lately.
A guy showed up in that car to take one of my daughters out on a date. While initially impressed, she's been around so many extreme performance vehicles, that the fascination didn't last.

Yes, it's a really beautiful and compelling car, and a "chick magnet".

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-18-2017 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make your responses look like this!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Muscles
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

I am going to say it. I live in OC and work in a city that has a ton of Maserati's. Definitely not exotic. You drive that car for one year and put 5000 miles on it and you will get like 60k for it. Hard depreciation on that car.

I also don't see it as being any near as good looking as my Z. Triple black, Z07. No way. Way meaner. I know my opinion is a bit biased but I honestly wouldn't buy one of those for 70k$, just no performance whatsoever. If I was spending 150k$ I'd probably do a Porsche Turbo, just an all around way better car. I understand the happy wife, happy life situation as well, so I hope she likes it.

I feel like Maserati's are a car people will buy once and never own one again. I have yet to hear a positive ownership experience. I would say that Maserati's are the Bose of cars. A little pricey for what you get and anyone who know's performance, knows its not up to par.

Keep us updated in 3 months, let us know what you think, both positive and negative.

Congrats though, still a great car....just no Z.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:23 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

It has a CD player for crying out loud.
SOLD!
I'll trade my Z in for one this week.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Stuman45
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 33 Posts

That is a beautiful car and one of the best sounding vehicles on the market. Congrats!
Old 07-18-2017, 05:38 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

No lie one of these cars was behind me yesterday. The exhaust note is amazing. Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2017, 05:55 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by georgiadawgs
IMO 5,000 miles in a year or so is not really going through cars unless you drive the **** out of them and that is why you have to change cars?
For her. I have 22,000 miles on my '16 Z06.

Originally Posted by Muscles
I am going to say it. I live in OC and work in a city that has a ton of Maserati's. Definitely not exotic. You drive that car for one year and put 5000 miles on it and you will get like 60k for it. Hard depreciation on that car.

I also don't see it as being any near as good looking as my Z. Triple black, Z07. No way. Way meaner. I know my opinion is a bit biased but I honestly wouldn't buy one of those for 70k$, just no performance whatsoever. If I was spending 150k$ I'd probably do a Porsche Turbo, just an all around way better car. I understand the happy wife, happy life situation as well, so I hope she likes it.

I feel like Maserati's are a car people will buy once and never own one again. I have yet to hear a positive ownership experience. I would say that Maserati's are the Bose of cars. A little pricey for what you get and anyone who know's performance, knows its not up to par.

Keep us updated in 3 months, let us know what you think, both positive and negative.

Congrats though, still a great car....just no Z.
Well, as mentioned. It is still considered an exotic, albeit it as I mentioned.......for the poor man, such as myself. The dep hit is a bit exaggerated on your part. You are talking a $60k hit in one year. Just not happening. On trade, if I keep the mileage under 5k, which we should, I'll get at least $80k on trade. Well, actually, I guess you are right. Haha, we paid $129k so. That is $60k. ****, this stuff isn't any fun. Any car up in this price range gets nailed on depreciation. I know. I've lost over $60k in the past 3 years on cars. Lost $8k on my Zl1. Lost $30k on my '14 GTR and lost $30k on my '15 GTR. If I was to trade in my Z06 now, I'd lose another $40k so. After just one year. It sux, but just the way it is. Don't care. For those that know me, I'll just go sell more software. It's just $. Money is just an object. It is meant to be spent. Don't care if I lose it or gain it. It's just how I live my life. But anyhow, not that it matters to anyone on here. Damn, now I feel bad. haha. ****, gonna lose $60k on this car. Ah well. Tis life.

Originally Posted by Mlcn1962
No question it's the best OEM exhaust! Drives awesome especially in sport mode. People would come up to me at gas stations and ask me if I played for the Philadelphia Eagles or the Phillies! Kids would pose in it for Facebook pics. It got a lot of attention. Once I was sitting with the motor on and a lady open the passenger door and sat down in the passenger seat and said "I'm Penelope, I'm from London, and who might you be?" She went on to tell me how much she loved the car and wanted leave her number. Lol! I did explain I had a nice wife. The Granturismo is one of the most gorgeous cars in the world. They only make about 5000-6000 a year, but it hasn't changed since 2012. The graphics on the nav are laughable, but those big paddle shifters are a lot of fun in sport mode. They heavily discount them, there are a lot of 2016 brand new ones out there, $30,000-$40,000 off. I got $30,000 when I bought mine new. I wouldn't keep it pass the warranty period.
Well said sir. As I said earlier, something about the look of this thing kept drawing us back to the Mazy dealership. As a young kid, I always wanted to own a Maserati too. They've always been known for **** quality builds, but I think they are getting it together.

Most of their dealerships are about to get a rebrand and have a more higher end feel from what I know from who I know who is in the know, they are stepping it up this coming up year and in the next few years. Alot of changes coming. Look at Maserati and Alfa Romeo's sales numbers. They are up close to 40% so. The dealership I bought mine was in an old Dodge dealership. They are knocking it down and spending close to $4 million on a high end, high scale lot. They only sell about 40 Mazy's a month on that lot. They should double that once the new building is put up. They are shooting for 100 Maserati's a month. I know, doesn't sound like alot, but it's not like Maserati has ever been at the top of peoples to buy list. I think they are finally trying to be cool. At least that is what I'm getting from the staff. Maserati has always been like the red headed step child of the Italian brand. Just an after thought. They need to get a GT, produce 600 hp and watch how many people make the switch. This little Ferrari 430 motor is a fkn turd. I mean, it's a dead stick until you rev it up, but even then, I think I'd get smoked by a Camaro SS.

This was the only GT they had on the lot and it was the only color combo we liked. It was hard to walk off $30k discount. So, we took it. Plus, it is only 1 out of 400 so. Hopefully that helps us a bit when it comes time to trade in.

Originally Posted by OnPoint
OP, good looking Maser. Did you drive the LC 500? If so, what did you think about it?
No, I didn't. But all I can say on this car...In person. Fkn WOW!! The tech is insane and it's borderline Tron feel. I personally love it.

But, they wouldn't do a deal on it. Wouldn't budge actually. It was stickered at $109k. It was loaded out. Payment was more than the Mazy believe it or not. Maserati gave us a killer deal and that was part of the reason we went that route too.

Lexus wanted $1800/mo on a lease. I was like, yea, don't think so. We got $1600/mo on the Mazy with ext warranty AND tire and wheel package.

So, to us. Lexus wasn't really wanting to put up a fight. They know they'll sell those cars. But, I can say the interior is by far the sickest interior I've ever sat in and that includes Aston Martin. The front LED's and rear lights were insanely designed and the pop up spoiler was pretty cool. But nope, no test drive.

If we weren't in the market for a new home, i'd prob have one as a 3rd car now.

The thing is, once you have 800 hp cars like some of us have, as we get older, like I am now, it's like........jeezus, these cars suck performance wise, so you have to enjoy them for what they are. None of these cars bring the joy the Z06 does. And honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever find one that does. Plus, I've been finding myself leaning towards more luxury over high hp cars so that is why I like the LC or the Bentley GT. But then, as I think that, one rip down the Grand Parkway in the Z06 reminds me just how bad *** our machines are. And it's hard to let go of it.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-18-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make your responses look like this!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Beautiful car and I totally agree with it being the best sound available.

The depreciation in the Bentley will be about the same as the Maserati. Pretty expensive car to own. I do like that new Bentley SUV. Saw one at the HRE Open House.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Well, as mentioned. It is still considered an exotic, albeit it as I mentioned.......for the poor man, such as myself. The dep hit is a bit exaggerated on your part. You are talking a $60k hit in one year. Just not happening. On trade, if I keep the mileage under 5k, which we should, I'll get at least $80k on trade. Well, actually, I guess you are right. Haha, we paid $129k so. That is $60k. ****, this stuff isn't any fun. Any car up in this price range gets nailed on depreciation. I know. I've lost over $60k in the past 3 years on cars. Lost $8k on my Zl1. Lost $30k on my '14 GTR and lost $30k on my '15 GTR. If I was to trade in my Z06 now, I'd lose another $40k so. After just one year. It sux, but just the way it is. Don't care. For those that know me, I'll just go sell more software. It's just $. Money is just an object. It is meant to be spent. Don't care if I lose it or gain it. It's just how I live my life. But anyhow, not that it matters to anyone on here. Damn, now I feel bad. haha. ****, gonna lose $60k on this car. Ah well. Tis life.
my man!!!!! I just bought a mclaren and people keep bringing up my depreciation like there gonna lose the money! Now I'm gonna quote you.
"tis life"
Old 07-18-2017, 06:30 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nunii
my man!!!!! I just bought a mclaren and people keep bringing up my depreciation like there gonna lose the money! Now I'm gonna quote you.
"tis life"
I mean, we already know we are going to lose. Who cares. I have over 500 employees in my company and when we do our meetings I tell them over and over and over again. You win, you lose. Business is basically sports. The major leagues. If you win more than you lose, you are winning. And that is how I look at it. I might lose some days, but I win more than I lose, so *** it. I'm gonna keep winning until I can no longer win anymore. Then, at that time, I'll sell my company and I'll die winning. haha. Either way, it's a damn car. I don't go into a dealership worrying about how much $ I'm going to lose.

Love me some McLaren. Which one did you buy? Before I bought my Z06, I looked at the 570. I just couldn't swallow $200k at the time.

Originally Posted by pkincy
Beautiful car and I totally agree with it being the best sound available.

The depreciation in the Bentley will be about the same as the Maserati. Pretty expensive car to own. I do like that new Bentley SUV. Saw one at the HRE Open House.
Yes, even the Bentley will have a huge hit. Believe it or not, the Maserati SUV is pretty damn sharp. Seen one on some Lexani's on the web. Let me see if I can find that pic.

Name:  white-maserati-with-gfg-coast-wheels_zps1kc7fsce.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  130.5 KB

^ That is sick.

Name:  levante_zpseflucrco.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  106.4 KB

^ Not bad. I like the lines. Looks like the new interior updates as well.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-18-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make your responses look like this!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Mlcn62
Racer

"tis life"
I didn't lose a lot when I traded mine, because I bought it with a $30,000 discount. The Granturismo is a gorgeous car, will get a lot of attention. In sport mode that Ferrari engine feels alive. The hissing and noise it made on cool down often caused me concern, but the motor was never a issue with mine. I had the "sport" model. I'd buy a slightly used one for $50,000 (2013 or newer) with a warranty with mileage under 20,000! It was really a fun car to own, if I'm honest and I miss mine, but it scared me. I was imagining $5000 repairs after the warranty ends. But, nothing sounds like it, NOTHING!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:01 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mlcn1962
I didn't lose a lot when I traded mine, because I bought it with a $30,000 discount. The Granturismo is a gorgeous car, will get a lot of attention. In sport mode that Ferrari engine feels alive. The hissing and noise it made on cool down often caused me concern, but the motor was never a issue with mine. I had the "sport" model. I'd buy a slightly used one for $50,000 (2013 or newer) with a warranty with mileage under 20,000! It was really a fun car to own, if I'm honest and I miss mine, but it scared me. I was imagining $5000 repairs after the warranty ends. But, nothing sounds like it, NOTHING!!!
Forgot about that. Car does make some weird noises on cool down.

Get notified of new replies

To Just went Italian

Old 07-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Mlcn62
Racer

Forgot about that. Car does make some weird noises on cool down.
You will get use to it.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:10 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

"tis life"
I agree with this attitude 100%.....and sometimes you lose a little money but the buy in can often give you many returns in gains.

When I first started in business, I never thought I'd buy anything crazy or rare or exotic. In 2005 things were going ok and somehow I test drove an H1 Hummer while my wife was looking at getting a used SUV at a used car lot. I don't know what it was, but I had to have one. I ended up buying a 1999 H1 Wagon with low miles for what I thought was a lot of money for a vehicle that I didn't have to have. But I did it, quickly paid it off and realized that nothing ventured, nothing gained. That H1 purchase totally changed my attitude on my business model, I started doubling and tripling my inventory orders and was always able to pay the invoice and my sales were going through the roof. The fear of not "going for it" is what holds so many people back.

So yeah, depreciation sucks but life is very short. If you want something, get it because nobody knows what tomorrow brings.

The funniest part of this story is the Hummer H1 has actually appreciated since I bought it in 2005. Funny how that worked out.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:24 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TrackAire
I agree with this attitude 100%.....and sometimes you lose a little money but the buy in can often give you many returns in gains.

When I first started in business, I never thought I'd buy anything crazy or rare or exotic. In 2005 things were going ok and somehow I test drove an H1 Hummer while my wife was looking at getting a used SUV at a used car lot. I don't know what it was, but I had to have one. I ended up buying a 1999 H1 Wagon with low miles for what I thought was a lot of money for a vehicle that I didn't have to have. But I did it, quickly paid it off and realized that nothing ventured, nothing gained. That H1 purchase totally changed my attitude on my business model, I started doubling and tripling my inventory orders and was always able to pay the invoice and my sales were going through the roof. The fear of not "going for it" is what holds so many people back.

So yeah, depreciation sucks but life is very short. If you want something, get it because nobody knows what tomorrow brings.

The funniest part of this story is the Hummer H1 has actually appreciated since I bought it in 2005. Funny how that worked out.
Agreed completely. Nothing ventured nothing gained. "going for it" All words I live by. Reasonably, of course. I'd never put the stability of my company in front of frivolous purchases.

We are putting in an offer on my dream home.

http://www.har.com/31-n-fazio-way/sale_87116450

This should be our last major purchase until I sell my company, then it's off to Maui by the time I'm 45. Lord willing. Gonna retire and enjoy golf and who knows after that. Maybe start another software company to compete with the software company I plan on selling. haha. Fk it. Why not right? But, I'm with you. Life is too short. For those on the GTR forums know, I had a stroke 2 years ago. After that, I changed completely how I did things. And I just said, look, if I win more than I lose, than I'm winning. Do I take losses? Hell yea. But at the end of the year, as long as bills get paid, my employees are paid and I have value in my company, then I'm good and maybe, just maybe I can live life and not have to work anymore. But, whatever. Until then, it's hammer down and on the grind every damn day. And I'm exactly like you. I remember when I started back in 04. I never thought I'd see $100k. Then, when I made my first $100k, I thought I made it. Then, it got to the point to where if I didn't make $100k in a month, I was bitching at people. haha. I mean, it's crazy how business just takes you places. But anyhow, my story is just my story. Just enjoy the ride and if people want to join you and have the like vision, then they are welcome to come on board and make it happen with me. If not, got no time for ya.

Congrats on your biz btw. Love hearing about people who build companies up.

Quick Reply: Just went Italian