Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2008 Aston Martin DB9

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 07:50 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Default 2008 Aston Martin DB9

I thought I would post this in an attempt to benefit information wise, to ask any of you if you have/had ownership of this vehicle. Working for a company that transports Aston Martin routinely, the "bug" has bitten me so-to-speak in eventually wanting to acquire one for myself.

I'm not moving on from Corvettes but, I've opened the door for seeking something different to add.

I'd like to hear some experiences you've had with these cars and if you can give me some of your impressions, good or bad, doesn't matter, I'm all ears to praise or flak.

Thanks, Tom M.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:40 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,447 Likes on 2,803 Posts

The V8 Vantage is sort of the poster child for depreciated cars you can buy cheap and didn't realize it. Except now it's a thing so they're not cheap anymore. The DB9 hasn't really had this happen as much, they didn't get the press about buying a 30k Aston.

Pretty cars, seem to be pretty ok to work on too. Parts and labor are expnensive, and they don't seem to ever be not needing something based on videos (take those with a grain of salt). A stick shift DB9 would be a great car to have.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:57 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FAUEE
The V8 Vantage is sort of the poster child for depreciated cars you can buy cheap and didn't realize it. Except now it's a thing so they're not cheap anymore. The DB9 hasn't really had this happen as much, they didn't get the press about buying a 30k Aston.

Pretty cars, seem to be pretty ok to work on too. Parts and labor are expnensive, and they don't seem to ever be not needing something based on videos (take those with a grain of salt). A stick shift DB9 would be a great car to have.
The Vantage is a good car, not great, but good in my opinion. All it takes is a ride in DB9, then a ride in a Vantage, and it doesn't take long to figure out why the DB9 costs more. I concur, that the parts and labor are expensive but, the intended purpose I had for one when I purchase it, doesn't even come close to daily driving it. So, when the car does have trouble or maintenance issues, I'm not overly concerned about it. As little time as I'm home, that car would be lucky to get a 1000 miles on it for the year.

The insurance quote ticked me off a little bit. Damn near 50, with a perfect driving record and CDL but, it is what it is.

Finding a DB9 with a manual that I like will be a challenge. It'd be preferable to have but, I'm ok with the 6-speed automatic as well.

I've watched a few videos of the car, and like you said, taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks for your input....
Old 02-07-2018, 09:03 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

I found a DB9 I like, and looking to purchase one within the next 2-3 months if everything works out.

Anyone else that can contribute some info regarding their ownership experience or know of someone that has, I'd certainly appreciate hearing your knowledge.

Thanks,

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 Aston Martin DB9

Quick Reply: 2008 Aston Martin DB9