Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

vue to prius torque sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 10:22 PM
expatjc
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vue to prius torque sensor wiring

hi ya fellas! i ve currently got a vue box installed in a spare column. the vue box is from epowersteering.i know the sensor pairs as they measure 6.5 ohms. but i dont know which is left or which is right. this is rather moot as i dont know which should go to to pin's 5-6-7-8 on the prius ecu.ive scoured the internet and ive come up NADA!!! seems a lot of people have done this and have left this part out,surely it MUST make a difference. somebody please help!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:46 AM
expatjc
4th Gear

i guess nobody know's and waid is just speculating
Old 11-27-2018, 09:17 PM
expatjc
4th Gear

as ive received no replies i'll let you know how this ended up anyway.i in the end i had 3 prius ecus. not ONE would work with the vue box. at the same time it all worked well with epowersteering's ecu and the the external control and rheostat.there are 24 possible torque sensor wiring combinations using the prius box NOT ONE combination worked although in all 24 tests the relay would click on and then 10 or so seconds later would click OFF i surmise that the ecu automatically shuts off if there is anything amiss with the torque sensor's or wiring. it would seem that (UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING I DONT) that the vue sensors are incompatible with the prius ecu.and probably the rest of possible donors on waids list.so if you have a vue box you are stuck with the external control and rheostat or the new ebay AUTOMATIC control with NO rheostat. after all the testing i retested the epower system and it all worked as advertised.

Get notified of new replies

To vue to prius torque sensor wiring