From GM Authority, Caddy Sportscar? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Other Cars
Reload this Page >

From GM Authority, Caddy Sportscar?

Notices
Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

From GM Authority, Caddy Sportscar?

Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM
  #1  
LLK
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 26
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default From GM Authority, Caddy Sportscar?

LLK is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:03 PM
  #2  
JayLord
CF Member
 
JayLord's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 50
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

That was their upcoming D-segment car: CT5-V. No doubt about it. Too early for the supercar...
JayLord is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:16 PM
  #3  
TBIRD57
CF Senior Member
 
TBIRD57's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,123
Thanked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LLK View Post
caddy DOESN'T NEED A SPORTS CAR...it needs a line of luxury cars to compete with
mercedes S and E, bmw 7 and 5, audi 7 and 8,lexus LS and ES and Genesis 90 and 70

Allante 2.0 XLR 2.0-is gm clinging to is three is charn? hope not

TBIRD57 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM
  #4  
LLK
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 26
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JayLord View Post
That was their upcoming D-segment car: CT5-V. No doubt about it. Too early for the supercar...
The photo shown is the "D", but the article states sports car.
LLK is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM
  #5  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Thanked 218 Times in 113 Posts
Default

The CT5 is going to replace the CTS. They have a different car coming. It could be this:


Quinten33 is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM
  #6  
LLK
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 26
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

THAT would be cool!
LLK is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 PM
  #7  
BIG Dave
CF Senior Member
 
BIG Dave's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: One Hour From Boston!
Posts: 2,397
Thanked 117 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LLK View Post
GM Authority is no authority.
BIG Dave is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:30 PM
  #8  
JayLord
CF Member
 
JayLord's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 50
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Quinten33 View Post
The CT5 is going to replace the CTS. They have a different car coming. It could be this:


According to my inside info, this is a D-segment coupe. Which means CT5 coupe.
JayLord is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
  #9  
JayLord
CF Member
 
JayLord's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 50
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Quinten33 View Post
The CT5 is going to replace the CTS. They have a different car coming. It could be this:



CT5 will replace both (ATS and CTS) and will become a truly D-segment car. BMW 3's rival.
CT4 will be in the C segment. MB CLA's rival.
Second gen CT6 will be in the E-segment. BMW 5's rival.
CT7/8 F segment. (MB S-class).

JayLord is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:39 PM
  #10  
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member
 
dmaxx3500's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 23,460
Thanked 399 Times in 313 Posts
Default

caddy needs a full-sized 4 door car,like the s-class merc
dmaxx3500 is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:34 PM
  #11  
ryryokeefe
CF Senior Member
 
ryryokeefe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 119
Thanked 44 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I'm willing to bet that Cadillac coupe will be built on the C7 platform.

Did a quick overlay of the C7 CAD with the Cadillac CAD and whaddaya know... wheelbase, roof height, overall length... a lot of the engineering hard points match up.

ryryokeefe is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 PM
  #12  
LLK
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 26
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe View Post
I'm willing to bet that Cadillac coupe will be built on the C7 platform.

Did a quick overlay of the C7 CAD with the Cadillac CAD and whaddaya know... wheelbase, roof height, overall length... a lot of the engineering hard points match up.

WOW! It would go a long way to explain the major investment in that plant!
LLK is online now  
Old 01-14-2019, 06:59 PM
  #13  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Thanked 218 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JayLord View Post
According to my inside info, this is a D-segment coupe. Which means CT5 coupe.
CT5 Coupe... sounds like it'll have a lot in common with the 7th gen Camaro...
Quinten33 is online now  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM
  #14  
Zora_Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 39 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Is it possible that GM puts the 7th gen Camaro, C7 FE successor, and this potential Cadillac coupe all on one platform? Would save a ton of money, and they could share a lot of parts in addition to the most expensive one: the chassis. Also could build them all at Bowling Green. Could explain the massive plant expansion, plus all 3 would be low volume sellers so ot would make sense to combine all 3 into one plant. Then you have the ME Corvette as well in addition to those 3.
Zora_Vette is online now  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 PM
  #15  
RWSjr
CF Senior Member
 
RWSjr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis Mo.
Posts: 826
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by BIG Dave View Post


GM Authority is no authority.
. Well that would explain a few things... funny stuff ^^^
RWSjr is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:00 PM
  #16  
NY09C6
CF Senior Member
 
NY09C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 179 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TBIRD57 View Post
caddy DOESN'T NEED A SPORTS CAR...it needs a line of luxury cars to compete with
mercedes S and E, bmw 7 and 5, audi 7 and 8,lexus LS and ES and Genesis 90 and 70

Allante 2.0 XLR 2.0-is gm clinging to is three is charn? hope not
I think a competitor to the 3 series would make more sense. Baby steps.

NY09C6 is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 PM
  #17  
DaveFerrari458
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,373
Thanked 180 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Why isn't this in the "other cars" section?
DaveFerrari458 is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:07 PM
  #18  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Thanked 218 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette View Post
Is it possible that GM puts the 7th gen Camaro, C7 FE successor, and this potential Cadillac coupe all on one platform? Would save a ton of money, and they could share a lot of parts in addition to the most expensive one: the chassis. Also could build them all at Bowling Green. Could explain the massive plant expansion, plus all 3 would be low volume sellers so ot would make sense to combine all 3 into one plant. Then you have the ME Corvette as well in addition to those 3.
If the car in the patent I posted is a CT5 Coupe, it AND the 7th gen Camaro will be built in Lansing on the Alpha II platform. Alpha II is an upcoming updated version of the Alpha platform that is currently used by the Camaro, CTS, and ATS; Alpha II should be lighter, stronger, and more rigid. If it isnít a CT5 Coupe, it could still use Alpha II and be built in Lansing, as I donít see GM making a successor to the C7ís chassis unless/until they decide to make a new front engine Corvette.

The Aplha platform is REALLY good. Every Alpha-based car, from the 4-cylinder rental Camaro LS to the CTS-V super sleeper, is praised for is its handling. GM also dumped a ton of money into that chassis, thus why itís so good. Theyíre going to put as many cars on it as possible.
Quinten33 is online now  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:12 PM
  #19  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Thanked 218 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NY09C6 View Post


I think a competitor to the 3 series would make more sense. Baby steps.

I agree. They need to establish a model in each major segment. As they roll out these completely new models, they can invest more money into interior design and powertrain options.
Quinten33 is online now  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM
  #20  
NY09C6
CF Senior Member
 
NY09C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 179 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Quinten33 View Post


If the car in the patent I posted is a CT5 Coupe, it AND the 7th gen Camaro will be built in Lansing on the Alpha II platform. Alpha II is an upcoming updated version of the Alpha platform that is currently used by the Camaro, CTS, and ATS; Alpha II should be lighter, stronger, and more rigid. If it isnít a CT5 Coupe, it could still use Alpha II and be built in Lansing, as I donít see GM making a successor to the C7ís chassis unless/until they decide to make a new front engine Corvette.

The Aplha platform is REALLY good. Every Alpha-based car, from the 4-cylinder rental Camaro LS to the CTS-V super sleeper, is praised for is its handling. GM also dumped a ton of money into that chassis, thus why itís so good. Theyíre going to put as many cars on it as possible.
They just need to cut 500-1000 lbs off of it. But with hybrid crap being forced on us they will only bulk up.
NY09C6 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: From GM Authority, Caddy Sportscar?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: