Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 08:43 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

I always get a good laugh when people start talking about handling or the “track capabilities of their car when they have never been near a real track. In the last 20 plus years I’ve owned many different types of performance cars/, vettes, vipers, Camaros, mustangs, crotch rockets etc... Ive encountered many things on the street, but one thing I’ve never been asked is to race around the corner of the intersection.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:35 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

They are very cool cars and make great power. I have a Scat Pack now (which I love too) and I will be trading up to a Hellcat within the next year or so. Dodge did great with this generation Challenger overall.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I always get a good laugh when people start talking about handling or the “track capabilities of their car when they have never been near a real track. In the last 20 plus years I’ve owned many different types of performance cars/, vettes, vipers, Camaros, mustangs, crotch rockets etc... Ive encountered many things on the street, but one thing I’ve never been asked is to race around the corner of the intersection.
Exactly, I always get a kick out of that too. Most of the time it's people that are too brand loyal and get butt hurt when anything other than a Chevy puts up good numbers and is an impressive car overall.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:25 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick6
Nothing, except that I drive one. What do you have to do with this thread?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:32 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Exactly.....Haven driven 70k miles or so in three SRT Challengers they do just fine on the street turning and no one has nudged me out of the way to pass in a turn either. .

I do prefer tooling around in the c6 though...430hp with 3300 pounds is just as much fun as 485 in 4300 pounds. If I could afford the kitty, well I could but, I would have one just for the bucket list. I looked for a few months but eventually chickened out. I think they are fabulous machines. No other muscle car comes close for the sheer audacity alone..
Old 01-31-2019, 12:56 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Bfine Blue
Please... Put your DR's on and roll down the 1320. That's all the HC is good for. Don't take it as an insult. It's not meant to be. I used to get out joint when people said my 14 GT500 couldn't handle and was one trick pony. Truth is, after owning a Boss, a 14 GT500, an A8 HC and currently owning my 350R and my Z51, they were right. The R is the best handling car that I'll ever own. So where are we now? Can your HC handle? Sure. A little bit better than they used to I guess but don't come into a Corvette forum and play like the HC can hang amongst a Z, GS, or Z51 in the turns. I can play that game in here with my R but the only game you can play in here with your HC is in the 1320 threads.
comical

cant have a thread like this w/o a post like this...

Quick Reply: Very impressed!