Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 01:05 AM
Getyup
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Anyone have one or know someone who has one? Beautiful car. 500 plus horses. Been thinking about getting one. If anyone has any input please chime in.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:25 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I have a alfa stelvio ti sport. Not the 500 hp version but the 280 hp 310 lb ft tq. The vehicle is a blast to drive and has been utterly reliable.

Spouse loves her bright red Alfa sports cuv. When we drive it we get a ton of thumbs up by passerbys especially when parking etc...its a good looking cuv in bright red. ( the free color not the 2200 dollar option color) I drive it weekly when we go out together and this thing is really a lot of fun to drive. I would highly recommend the alfa and of course the 500 hp twon turbo v6 designed by ferrari would have to be even more fun. I would suggest looking at the stelvio QV as it does have AWD standard.....which for many is important..(it was for my better half)

my daily is my 2008 c6 z51 manual that so far since new Ive put 130k miles on.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:26 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

W2
Old 02-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Getyup
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

The Stelvio is beautiful as well. Not only are they gorgeous but you don’t see them around everywhere. I wonder if it has to do with previous Alfa quality? The 4c is also striking. I was thinking of getting one but got a C7 Z06 instead. I’ve seen more Z06 On the road than Alphas combined.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

I dont know...
ast year i was on the waiting list for a tesla model 3 awd and i got annoyed waiting....i drove iver to an alfa dealer and in 15 minutes they took 13 grand off without me even trying...50 grand bright red alfa stelvio ti...20 inch wheels....picked it up the mext day.

the wife turned 60 and it was our 25th ...she loves it...and this thing is quick, handles great...its a sports car cuv ...tons of thimbs up from people..

i daily my vette and im telling you this sport ti is a blast..

no problems ...i dont listen to all the nonsense about alfa reliability from the media...i dont have any problem and if I did...thats why there would be a warranty...

i have not have a problem and I LOve driving it ..

the Qv would be even more insane....

we need awd in the northeast supposedly to keep the kiddies safe?

So the stelvio gets the nod...

my wife also keeps a lot of compliments from her girlfriends because they get to say A
fa Romeo...lol they get a kick out of stretching out the pronouncation as if they were in Italy....lol

good luck...

byw im an alfisti since the 1960s when i was a kid...my dad who has long since passed away almost 30 years....had a 1963 alfa 2 seat white convertible, a 1967 duetto and a silver 1760 spider...so for me I dont worry or listen to these stories about reliability....

fiat and lancia had a problem in my opinion but the alfas were always good...at least in my household...

i got my stelvio from the oldest alfa dealer in the united states....

larchmont alfa in larchmont NY..

the owner and I knew the same dealer my dad used at mediterran motors in brooklyn...

the owner ralph i remember we used to go into brooklyn, sit down have a nice dinner in a beautiful resturant and delivery of a new alfa...it was like family as my dad would either be deciding on the alfa to buy or pick one up...

sometimes we would and I was a kid at the time...just go in o visit and have dinner..

different world...and the head alfa tech was Frank Fasulo also a man who became a friend ..

it was a different time..

it was the way business was conducted back then.

made todays lexus reputation for excellent service seem cold and artificial.

i dont know if the service os the same today because I havent needed any...but the purchase expereince was at larchmont alfa was the best ever..

simple and quick.

needless i cancelled my tesla deposit after i took delivery of the alfa...

its a very passionate driving experience every time i drive the vehicle..

my wife doesnt really know all the details of my youth yet she feels the driving excitment that alfa instills in each and every vehicle that alfa builds...

you could just feel it ..

the italians just put it in every alfa...i dont know how...all i can say is the QV even more so.

i went to an italian festival car show in my corvette with my son as one day there was an italian car show and she was out shopping in the alfa...

there were many alfa owners both new and old and everyone of them had that smile not to mention tjat passion for their alfas....in luding the Qv guilias and stevios...

get the standard bright red.,.not the $2200 tri color red..

everybody who sees the bright red stelvio with black interior really loves this italian beauty...

everywhere we go....people are checking this out...everywhere we park adults are admiring the vehicle as we sit in resturants and look out the window on our weekly date for brunch as an example..

im very pleased with my choice...

the 280 hp , 306 lb/ft of tq delivers zero to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds..

the turn in is excellent ...direct and tight..lits really a sports car in cuv trim...

its a slightly lifted guilia...

the german brands, the american brands and the japanese brands dont offer the same passion inherant in their DNA and its quite apparent every time you drive ...

good luck deciding..
i cant even imagine the 505 hp QV with its twin turbo ferrari designed v6...

that must be insane...

have fun deciding.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:19 PM
BlackHellcat
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Not enough car for the $
Old 02-13-2019, 04:05 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

the german brands, the american brands and the japanese brands dont offer the same passion inherant in their DNA and its quite apparent every time you drive ..”

Ive always felt this way. Even when my wife ordered her Porsche new and they talked about being in the “family” she never was feelin’ it. Italian cars just make me weak. Went to the Concorso at Monterey and thought I’d lose my mind. Loved the cars while in Italy, too.

Finally bought a 308 last month, can’t wait to drive it.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:25 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369
the german brands, the american brands and the japanese brands dont offer the same passion inherant in their DNA and its quite apparent every time you drive ..”

Ive always felt this way. Even when my wife ordered her Porsche new and they talked about being in the “family” she never was feelin’ it. Italian cars just make me weak. Went to the Concorso at Monterey and thought I’d lose my mind. Loved the cars while in Italy, too.

Finally bought a 308 last month, can’t wait to drive it.
you are absolutely on target that the intangible driving passion is an italian product exclusive...as you mention its part of their inheriant DNA...

best of luck with your incoming ferrari 308..its surely going to bring quite a bit of enjoyment to you.

truly one of the most beautiful cars of all time.

Post up photos when you can.

Last edited by JerriVette; 02-13-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:33 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I’ve actually started a thread in this section

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-jackson.html
Old 02-19-2019, 11:33 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I dont know...
ast year i was on the waiting list for a tesla model 3 awd and i got annoyed waiting....i drove iver to an alfa dealer and in 15 minutes they took 13 grand off without me even trying...50 grand bright red alfa stelvio ti...20 inch wheels....picked it up the mext day.

the wife turned 60 and it was our 25th ...she loves it...and this thing is quick, handles great...its a sports car cuv ...tons of thimbs up from people..

no problems ...i dont listen to all the nonsense about alfa reliability from the media...i dont have any problem and if I did...thats why there would be a warranty...

my wife also keeps a lot of compliments from her girlfriends because they get to say A
fa Romeo...lol they get a kick out of stretching out the pronouncation as if they were in Italy....lol

good luck...

byw im an alfisti since the 1960s when i was a kid...my dad who has long since passed away almost 30 years....had a 1963 alfa 2 seat white convertible, a 1967 duetto and a silver 1760 spider...so for me I dont worry or listen to these stories about reliability....

fiat and lancia had a problem in my opinion but the alfas were always good...at least in my household...

the owner and I knew the same dealer my dad used at mediterran motors in brooklyn...

the owner ralph i remember we used to go into brooklyn, sit down have a nice dinner in a beautiful resturant and delivery of a new alfa...it was like family as my dad would either be deciding on the alfa to buy or pick one up...

sometimes we would and I was a kid at the time...just go in o visit and have dinner..

different world...and the head alfa tech was Frank Fasulo also a man who became a friend ..

i dont know if the service os the same today because I havent needed any...but the purchase expereince was at larchmont alfa was the best ever..

simple and quick.

my wife doesnt really know all the details of my youth yet she feels the driving excitment that alfa instills in each and every vehicle that alfa builds...

the italians just put it in every alfa...i dont know how...all i can say is the QV even more so.

i went to an italian festival car show in my corvette with my son as one day there was an italian car show and she was out shopping in the alfa...

there were many alfa owners both new and old and everyone of them had that smile not to mention tjat passion for their alfas....in luding the Qv guilias and stevios...

everybody who sees the bright red stelvio with black interior really loves this italian beauty...

everywhere we go....people are checking this out...everywhere we park adults are admiring the vehicle as we sit in resturants and look out the window on our weekly date for brunch as an example..

the turn in is excellent ...direct and tight..lits really a sports car in cuv trim...

the german brands, the american brands and the japanese brands dont offer the same passion inherant in their DNA and its quite apparent every time you drive ...

good luck deciding..

that must be insane...

have fun deciding.

I can purchase just about every new luxury car in my town but not Alfa Romeo. A new one might come with a warranty, but having the nearest dealer 180 miles away doesn't cut the mustard.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:44 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Service is carried out at dodge/jeep/ chyrsler dealers i believe although i bought my alfa at an alfa dealer that has its own alfa service department.

I understand your concern
Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Service is carried out at dodge/jeep/ chyrsler dealers i believe although i bought my alfa at an alfa dealer that has its own alfa service department.

I understand your concern
I didn't realize that you could get warranty work done at a local Dodge dealership as that is not explained in Alfa's warranty booklet. It just says to get warranty work done at a Alfa authorized repair facility. I could not find a list of Alfa's authorized repair facilities using Google.

When I go to Alfa's website and put in my zip code, it shows no sales/service available in the Springfield, MO area, but Corwin Dodge here in town says they are an Alfa dealer. Corwin Dodge should inform Alfa that they are a dealer for them, as Alfa appeartly is not aware of it..

With my Mercedes, I know where to take it for authorized Mercedes service no matter which state I might need service in.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:45 PM
RAGS747
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont know...

good luck...

simple and quick.

good luck deciding..

that must be insane...

have fun deciding.
Nice story. My dad also gone since 89 was always into Alfa’s. I remember the ride home I believe it was from Brooklyn in his new 1965 2600 Sprint. Anyway, I picked up a 4C from Alfredo’s 2 yrs ago for my 60th and just got my wife a Misano Blue 2.0 Giulia which is just a phenomenal car in every way. Stelvio Q definitely on my list, we shall see.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Ruderegime
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 101 Posts

I was thinking about trading in my 2016 ZO6 A8 do to minor shutter and and rim bending - breaking on this used 2019 stelvio quadrifoglio black with 2000 miles but I doubt I would do it?
Old 12-08-2019, 12:38 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Getyup
Anyone have one or know someone who has one? Beautiful car. 500 plus horses. Been thinking about getting one. If anyone has any input please chime in.

Never ever buy a car you can't pronounce the name of... They look good in blue. I'd want a spectacular warranty.

good luck

Last edited by hawkgfr; 12-08-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Quick Reply: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio