Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

745 mile range battery and 10 minute charge time

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 10:41 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,510 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Originally Posted by BSSN
I just think it's hilarious that the "roll coal" crowd is now whining about mining. It's like when people play with dark humor and you tell 'em about what you saw the other day and then they want to act all shocked, rofl!
You've missed the point. It's not that suddenly mining is an issue. It's that you don't get to claim the moral and environmental high ground when your claim to it is total crap. If EV charging works better for some people, that's great. But pushing an EV agenda in the name of climate change is BS.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:43 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
This coal you speak of is powering your golf cart too...Now there is your irony...
The real irony is that I love the fact that American sources of fuel power my vehicle instead of relying on foreign interests. The dumb neckbeards can keep their shitty tuktuks and continue fueling some Saudi prince's lavish lifestyle, but I'll pass on that.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:45 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FAUEE
You've missed the point. It's not that suddenly mining is an issue. It's that you don't get to claim the moral and environmental high ground when your claim to it is total crap. If EV charging works better for some people, that's great. But pushing an EV agenda in the name of climate change is BS.
Pushing stuff through green WORKS though...

...Look at M855A1. Some genius found a way to get a deadlier bullet funded...but making **** up about ground water and pollution.
...Look at EV's. All the tax dollars secured for CCS chargers every 50mi of highway.

Me? I just wanted a safer, faster, cheaper to drive vehicle.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:54 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,510 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Pushing stuff through green WORKS though...

...Look at M855A1. Some genius found a way to get a deadlier bullet funded...but making **** up about ground water and pollution.
...Look at EV's. All the tax dollars secured for CCS chargers every 50mi of highway.

Me? I just wanted a safer, faster, cheaper to drive vehicle.
That's my thing. They have their perks for sure. Hell I'd argue that electric motors are superior in general. But my issue is I don't like the idea of being forced to buy something because of made up claims of environmental friendliness.

Chevy had the EV right with the Volt. Electric motor(s) for power, small battery for modest EV only range, and a gas (or diesel maybe? Let's go wild) generator for range extending. 98% of drivers could make that work for their day to day, and not have the massive wasteful batteries, be zero emissions most of the time, and not have range anxiety. If any of the fullsize SUVs came like that every suburban family in America could switch to a near zero fuel use. Same with fullsize trucks. The fact that Ford and Toyota have hybrid trucks that BEG to be turned into a PHEV is a damn crime. Even if they did it as a mild hybrid (though admittedly I would prefer the fat torque of a multi electric motor powertrain with the ICE motor being a range extender).

IMO, it's corruption in Congress. They're pushing very hard to have credits only go to full BEVs, not PHEVs that people will actually buy. Wonder how many mmbers of Congress have big stakes in battery companies and Tesla...
Old 07-11-2023, 11:38 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

The real irony is that I love the fact that American sources of fuel power my vehicle instead of relying on foreign interests. The dumb neckbeards can keep their shitty tuktuks and continue fueling some Saudi prince's lavish lifestyle, but I'll pass on that.
More irony...

Shhhhuuuuuuurrrrreeee...... all those murican made batteries built off child slave labor for materials and then put together somewhere not in the US.......

The Top 10 EV Battery Manufacturers in 2022

This was originally posted on Elements. Sign up to the free mailing list to get beautiful visualizations on natural resource megatrends in your email every week.

The global electric vehicle (EV) battery market is expected to grow from $17 billion to more than $95 billion between 2019 and 2028.

With increasing demand to decarbonize the transportation sector, companies producing the batteries that power EVs have seen substantial momentum.

Here we update our previous graphic of the top 10 EV battery manufacturers, bringing you the world’s biggest battery manufacturers in 2022.

Chinese Dominance

Despite efforts from the United States and Europe to increase the domestic production of batteries, the market is still dominated by Asian suppliers.

The top 10 producers are all Asian companies.

Currently, Chinese companies make up 56% of the EV battery market, followed by Korean companies (26%) and Japanese manufacturers (10%).

The leading battery supplier, CATL, expanded its market share from 32% in 2021 to 34% in 2022. One-third of the world’s EV batteries come from the Chinese company. CATL provides lithium-ion batteries to Tesla, Peugeot, Hyundai, Honda, BMW, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
Rank Company 2022 Market Share Country #1 CATL 34% China 🇨🇳 #2 LG Energy Solution 14% Korea 🇰🇷 #3 BYD 12% China 🇨🇳 #4 Panasonic 10% Japan 🇯🇵 #5 SK On 7% Korea 🇰🇷 #6 Samsung SDI 5% Korea 🇰🇷 #7 CALB 4% China 🇨🇳 #8 Guoxuan 3% China 🇨🇳 #9 Sunwoda 2% China 🇨🇳 #10 SVOLT 1% China 🇨🇳
Other 8% ROW 🌐
Old 07-12-2023, 12:53 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FAUEE
That's my thing. They have their perks for sure. Hell I'd argue that electric motors are superior in general. But my issue is I don't like the idea of being forced to buy something because of made up claims of environmental friendliness.

Chevy had the EV right with the Volt. Electric motor(s) for power, small battery for modest EV only range, and a gas (or diesel maybe? Let's go wild) generator for range extending. 98% of drivers could make that work for their day to day, and not have the massive wasteful batteries, be zero emissions most of the time, and not have range anxiety. If any of the fullsize SUVs came like that every suburban family in America could switch to a near zero fuel use. Same with fullsize trucks. The fact that Ford and Toyota have hybrid trucks that BEG to be turned into a PHEV is a damn crime. Even if they did it as a mild hybrid (though admittedly I would prefer the fat torque of a multi electric motor powertrain with the ICE motor being a range extender).

IMO, it's corruption in Congress. They're pushing very hard to have credits only go to full BEVs, not PHEVs that people will actually buy. Wonder how many mmbers of Congress have big stakes in battery companies and Tesla...
We've been forced into things for ages before I was even born, vehicle-wise. At least EV's give me something of benefit (power, performance, economy) instead of just taking from me (fuel efficiency, power...catalytic converters).
Old 07-12-2023, 12:54 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

More irony...

Shhhhuuuuuuurrrrreeee...... all those murican made batteries built off child slave labor for materials and then put together somewhere not in the US.......

This was originally posted on Elements. Sign up to the free mailing list to get beautiful visualizations on natural resource megatrends in your email every week.

The global electric vehicle (EV) battery market is expected to grow from $17 billion to more than $95 billion between 2019 and 2028.

With increasing demand to decarbonize the transportation sector, companies producing the batteries that power EVs have seen substantial momentum.

Here we update our previous graphic of the top 10 EV battery manufacturers, bringing you the world’s biggest battery manufacturers in 2022.

Chinese Dominance

Despite efforts from the United States and Europe to increase the domestic production of batteries, the market is still dominated by Asian suppliers.

Currently, Chinese companies make up 56% of the EV battery market, followed by Korean companies (26%) and Japanese manufacturers (10%).

The leading battery supplier, CATL, expanded its market share from 32% in 2021 to 34% in 2022. One-third of the world’s EV batteries come from the Chinese company. CATL provides lithium-ion batteries to Tesla, Peugeot, Hyundai, Honda, BMW, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
Rank Company 2022 Market Share Country #1 CATL 34% China 🇨🇳 #2 LG Energy Solution 14% Korea 🇰🇷 #3 BYD 12% China 🇨🇳 #4 Panasonic 10% Japan 🇯🇵 #5 SK On 7% Korea 🇰🇷 #6 Samsung SDI 5% Korea 🇰🇷 #7 CALB 4% China 🇨🇳 #8 Guoxuan 3% China 🇨🇳 #9 Sunwoda 2% China 🇨🇳 #10 SVOLT 1% China 🇨🇳
Other 8% ROW 🌐
Once you buy it...it's yours. You don't keep needed foreign assets to power it like you do with gas burners. Possession is 9/10 and all that. That said, I do avoid China when possible, and did so with my EV purchase.

Last edited by BSSN; 07-12-2023 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:01 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Yea....I'm sure Korean owned SK batteries don't use any of those materials needed for the EV6 batteries supplied by kid slave labor... What people will say to feel comfortable with a contrived narrative...
Old 07-12-2023, 02:53 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Yea....I'm sure Korean owned SK batteries don't use any of those materials needed for the EV6 batteries supplied by kid slave labor... What people will say to feel comfortable with a contrived narrative...
What makes you believe that I need to pretend any of it came from wholesome sources to feel comfortable? This world is an ugly, heartless place, and I don't need to virtue signal or self-delude or self-limit to feel any sort of way.

I bought SK because they make a great product.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:04 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

More irony...

Chinese Dominance

Other 8% ROW 🌐
Panasonic makes lots of their batteries IN THE USA. Just because it is a business out of Japan doesn't mean that the batteries are made there. Panasonic is the main supplier for Tesla and in order for Teslas in the US to qualify for the Tax Credit, they have to be made in the US and they are made in the USA by a Japanese company. Where the company is based at does not determine WHERE they are producing the batteries. Many foreign companies make batteries in the US just like they make cars in the US. Most Toyotas in the US are made in the US even though they are a Japanese company. LG produces a lot of their batteries in the US as well (Michigan)
Old 07-12-2023, 10:59 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

What makes you believe that I need to pretend any of it came from wholesome sources to feel comfortable? This world is an ugly, heartless place, and I don't need to virtue signal or self-delude or self-limit to feel any sort of way.

I bought SK because they make a great product.

Swoosh...Slurping in full force... I'm glad you're good with the supply chain that uses child slave labor for materials regardless of where its assembled....
Old 07-12-2023, 11:10 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
Panasonic makes lots of their batteries IN THE USA. Just because it is a business out of Japan doesn't mean that the batteries are made there. Panasonic is the main supplier for Tesla and in order for Teslas in the US to qualify for the Tax Credit, they have to be made in the US and they are made in the USA by a Japanese company. Where the company is based at does not determine WHERE they are producing the batteries. Many foreign companies make batteries in the US just like they make cars in the US. Most Toyotas in the US are made in the US even though they are a Japanese company. LG produces a lot of their batteries in the US as well (Michigan)

Wow...I didn't see that coming...

Yea...but those pesky rare earth metals that don't come from here....In the US the tooth fairy delivers them ...

This will be here before more than a 700 miles range that charges really fast EV is produced...

Old 07-12-2023, 11:15 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Wow...I didn't see that coming...

Yea...but those pesky rare earth metals that don't come from here....In the US the tooth fairy delivers them ...

This will be here before more than a 700 miles range that charges really fast EV is produced...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tDOYkFCYo
There is plenty of earth metals. They are in everything we have. Virtually every product in our household has some kind of material derived from mining. Unless we want to go back to stone age, mining is here to stay.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:22 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

There is plenty of earth metals. They are in everything we have. Virtually every product in our household has some kind of material derived from mining. Unless we want to go back to stone age, mining is here to stay.

Yea....I knew you were good with this...

Tesla Facing Legal Action Over Dr Congo Child Mining Deaths

Old 07-12-2023, 12:21 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Yea....I knew you were good with this...

Tesla Facing Legal Action Over Dr Congo Child Mining Deaths

So, Tesla is the only one buying Cobalt. What happens in a foreign country is none of our business.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:28 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

So, Tesla is the only one buying Cobalt. What happens in a foreign country is none of our business.

Not surprised at all at your entitled comments about slave labor and child slave labor used to make the batteries in your Tesla...

I guess in your head Hitler murdering more than 6 million Jewish people should have been ignored as well because its none of our business...

Can't wait for flying car...

Last edited by hawkgfr; 07-12-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:43 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Not surprised at all at your entitled comments about slave labor and child slave labor used to make the batteries in your Tesla...

I guess in your head Hitler murdering more than 6 million Jewish people should have been ignored as well because its none of our business...

Can't wait for flying car...
Give me fkng break. You don't happen to have a phone with a lithium battery?
A laptop with a lithium ion battery?

If you do, it would be a good idea to STFU as you would be a fkng hypocrite.

Get notified of new replies

To 745 mile range battery and 10 minute charge time

Old 07-12-2023, 01:57 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Give me fkng break. You don't happen to have a phone with a lithium battery?
A laptop with a lithium ion battery?

If you do, it would be a good idea to STFU as you would be a fkng hypocrite.

I'm not the one selling the virtues of EV's every second of every day on a Corvette forum...

Old 07-12-2023, 02:10 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

I'm not the one selling the virtues of EV's every second of every day on a Corvette forum...
I'm not selling anything. I report FACTS about the advantages of EVs. Cobalt mining won't go away if there weren't any EV's. It's a bullshit argument.
Lots of bad things happen in 3rd world countries and you can't fix all the wrongs in the world.
I'm certainly not the hypocrite here claiming that they care about 3rd world countries. I don't, so there is no reason for me not to promote EV's.
If you would really care, you would own nothing with a Lithium battery in it. You don't care. You hate EV's and that's why you point to the 3rd world countries.. Before EV's, you were just fine with slave labor.

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 07-12-2023 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 04:16 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

I'm not selling anything. I report FACTS about the advantages of EVs. Cobalt mining won't go away if there weren't any EV's. It's a bullshit argument.
Lots of bad things happen in 3rd world countries and you can't fix all the wrongs in the world.
I'm certainly not the hypocrite here claiming that they care about 3rd world countries. I don't, so there is no reason for me not to promote EV's.
If you would really care, you would own nothing with a Lithium battery in it. You don't care. You hate EV's and that's why you point to the 3rd world countries.. Before EV's, you were just fine with slave labor.

More entitlement speak.... Just say it...you're all in on kid slave labor and you're not promoting anything EV on a Vette forum...

Last edited by hawkgfr; 07-12-2023 at 04:24 PM.