Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Sunshine + Corvettes = Excellent day

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:49 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Sunshine + Corvettes = Excellent day

Flipped on the TV yesterday and of all things to see advertised on a commercial was a Corvette show and shine at NAS Pensacola!! A perfect opportunity since I happen to be in Pensacola at the moment.

Unfortunately the camera died shortly after arriving but I did manage to snap a couple of shots. I missed out on the Blue Angel static display used for taking pictures of next to your car and the roaming beauty contestants in heels and tiaras. Of the shots I did get I found some cars that looked a lot like some of the ones back home.

Anyone recognize this black ZR1:

How about a red Z06? This is obviously before wheels and hood but the splitter, side skirts and spoiler are a good match:

Found a Z16 Bruno but that was the shot the camera died on but I did get one under the hood:

Greg's 02 EB vert made an appearance:

Some very custom cars:

Aftermarket C5 headlight option. There were blue flashing LED's but I couldn't time the picture to capture it.

Some classics:

Carbon edition:

The black wheel club:

Black carbon fiber headlight:

My favorite pair:

His:

Her's:

Notice the license plates.

Together:

The show was closely monitored throughout the day by...:

The people are also a lot like everyone up in the PNW as well. Same passion and friendly personalities.

Last edited by NW94Z; 04-14-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool pics....sorry you're having to tough it out in Florida...I hope it's for work casue you're missing some of the few best weekends we could poissibly have.

Can't help myself...seeing the 2 blues together make me love mine all the more....which I polished and drove today!

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 04-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 AM
microserf
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was heading back home to Gulf Breeze across the 3 Mile bridge and saw about 10 vettes + 1 BMW 650i white coupe leading them (I'm guessing) to either Fort Walton Beach or Destin. One or two had Air Force vanity plates. The one that caught my eye was that burgundy C5 w. the white flame job (4th pic down) and a blue C5 convertible w. a FL vanity plate that read "BLUE PILL" (either a Viagara reference or the Matrix, lol). Very cool to see all those Corvettes cruising down Hwy 98 to parts unknown on a gorgeous Gulf of Mexico day!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Cool Pics thanks for sharing. While I didn't really care for the way they did the white on the "sunset vette" I did like the wheel treatment.

But what the heck .... no Polo Green C4's

Hope you are having a good time. We head out to Jacksonville and fernandia beach on Wed morning.

And these past two weekends here have been really fantastic. It was sunny & 70 last saturday.

Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 04-15-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like fun! I love the artwork on that Z16!

Hope you guys are having a good time. You'll probably be back right when the beautiful weather turns bad again.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Thanks for the great pic'sm Joe. WOW..so many corvette's and one of every kind (except polo green) And lots of cool customs.

Looks like most of us had our cars represented anyway But a black one in Florida, really

Have a great time and travel safe.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by XC5VETTE
Cool pics....sorry you're having to tough it out in Florida...I hope it's for work casue you're missing some of the few best weekends we could poissibly have.

Can't help myself...seeing the 2 blues together make me love mine all the more....which I polished and drove today!
It has been difficult. Ignoring the usual alarm to get out of bed at 5:00 am and getting to the beach by 10:00 am each day has been a challenge.

I dare say the most common color at the show was in fact blue. A very popular color in this area.

Originally Posted by microserf
Was heading back home to Gulf Breeze across the 3 Mile bridge and saw about 10 vettes + 1 BMW 650i white coupe leading them (I'm guessing) to either Fort Walton Beach or Destin. One or two had Air Force vanity plates. The one that caught my eye was that burgundy C5 w. the white flame job (4th pic down) and a blue C5 convertible w. a FL vanity plate that read "BLUE PILL" (either a Viagara reference or the Matrix, lol). Very cool to see all those Corvettes cruising down Hwy 98 to parts unknown on a gorgeous Gulf of Mexico day!
I'm always amazed at what a small world we live in. I was heading back from lunch at Surf Burger on PB when I saw a train of Vettes heading in the opposite direction. I was crossing the causeway from Gulf Breeze to Pensacola. We had to have driven past each other. a caravan of Corvettes is always a nice sight.

BTW that C5 was actually white. The burgundy color had been sprayed on top. I had a close look at the paintwork at the show and it was interesting how they chose to paint it. It looked like they made some changes along the way.

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Cool Pics thanks for sharing. While I didn't really care for the way they did the white on the "sunset vette" I did like the wheel treatment.

But what the heck .... no Polo Green C4's

Hope you are having a good time. We head out to Jacksonville and fernandia beach on Wed morning.

And these past two weekends here have been really fantastic. It was sunny & 70 last saturday.
There were a lot of C4's there but no polo green. I looked but didn't see one or I would have snapped a pic if I still had some battery. Have a safe flight to Jacksonville and please leave behind some of that nice weather. I'm already beginning to dread the grey skies and drizzle.

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
Looks like fun! I love the artwork on that Z16!

Hope you guys are having a good time. You'll probably be back right when the beautiful weather turns bad again.
There was one other piece of artwork on a C3 hood. I got a pic on my cell phone so I'll text it to you. It's more PG-13 than the other.

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
Thanks for the great pic'sm Joe. WOW..so many corvette's and one of every kind (except polo green) And lots of cool customs.

Looks like most of us had our cars represented anyway But a black one in Florida, really

Have a great time and travel safe.
Pretty good turnout even though there was a chance of rain forecasted. Cars were filling in as we left but we didn't stick around very long. When I get back I'm going to box up those convertable top care items and mail them to you since the logistics aren't working out.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Joe, its really time for you to return to home, my car misses you
Old 04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mookster
Joe, its really time for you to return to home, my car misses you
Got in this morning after 1:00 am. Work is completely backed up and I have a huge backlog at home now also. I have some phone calls to make once I get some breathing room and then I'll get a hold of you and Winston.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NW94Z
Got in this morning after 1:00 am. Work is completely backed up and I have a huge backlog at home now also. I have some phone calls to make once I get some breathing room and then I'll get a hold of you and Winston.
Welcome back to the rain, why couldnt you bring some sun with you?

No worries, i can wait just ping Winston later in the week.

Get notified of new replies

To Sunshine + Corvettes = Excellent day

Quick Reply: Sunshine + Corvettes = Excellent day