Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Sunday Show @ the XXX

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:23 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Sunday Show @ the XXX

According ti my schedule - thank you very much, Cruzin' Magazine - this Sunday's show in Issaquah is something called the Hot Rod Hall of Fame event (or something like that)

All the shows at the XXX are worth attending, and many are annual events, but this one is new to me.

I'll probably go anyway since it's so close.

What's everyone else doing? Isn't this the Hysteric Race Weekend at SIR? You know, kinda that annual event where you can watch Hedge Fund managers fight it out with your kids' orthodontist in some great cars we might not otherwise get to see? Seriously, it is always a good event and for a worthy cause.

Will there be a Corvette corral?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:35 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Stanwood had a show last weekend sponsored by Twin City Idlers.

Over 400 amazing cars from resto to NCRS to hot rods, rat rods and trucks. I never would have imagined. They had over 200 cars for the cruise through town the night before.

Maybe this will be the venue for Triple xxx
Old 07-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
Stanwood had a show last weekend sponsored by Twin City Idlers.

Over 400 amazing cars from resto to NCRS to hot rods, rat rods and trucks. I never would have imagined. They had over 200 cars for the cruise through town the night before.

Maybe this will be the venue for Triple xxx
That show has been around a long time and is a good one. I did it once or twice but it's been so long ago I don't remember the years.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:23 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
That show has been around a long time and is a good one. I did it once or twice but it's been so long ago I don't remember the years.
Sounds, by all reports, that it was a good show. BTW Pat, my granddaughters have somehow come up with a term for the wrinkles that we continue to collect around our eyes and other locations that scream aging.

According to them these are called "Grumpa Dents". So, if you're wondering how long it's been since your last event, just count your Grumpa Dents"

I'm heading down to Auto Zone for a gallon of Bondo to take care of mine.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Sounds, by all reports, that it was a good show. BTW Pat, my granddaughters have somehow come up with a term for the wrinkles that we continue to collect around our eyes and other locations that scream aging.

According to them these are called "Grumpa Dents". So, if you're wondering how long it's been since your last event, just count your Grumpa Dents"

I'm heading down to Auto Zone for a gallon of Bondo to take care of mine.
My doctor froze mine with a dry ice swab during my annual physical last week. I look so much younger I may need to start wearing a name tag around people who used to know me.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:46 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

What's everyone else doing? Isn't this the Hysteric Race Weekend at SIR? You know, kinda that annual event where you can watch Hedge Fund managers fight it out with your kids' orthodontist in some great cars we might not otherwise get to see? Seriously, it is always a good event and for a worthy cause.

There is a large area designated "Car Corral" at the Historic's. Two local Corvette Clubs reserved space: Corvette Marque Club of Seattle and the Tacoma Corvette Club. I made a last minute decision to drive from my place near Chelan over to PR for the event. I contacted Michael Campsmith from the TCC and he was very gracious and invited me to join their 'Corral' line (thanks Michael!). Had a great day! Met some great folks from both Clubs and got to spend most of the day with a friend I hadn't seen in many years.

Last edited by DRTBYK; 07-04-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:55 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

I too drove my Vette to the Historics on Sunday, spent time with Brad who drives the #15 C3 Vette......
Old 07-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Ruby Supercar
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

According ti my schedule - thank you very much, Cruzin' Magazine - this Sunday's show in Issaquah is something called the Hot Rod Hall of Fame event (or something like that)

All the shows at the XXX are worth attending, and many are annual events, but this one is new to me.

I'll probably go anyway since it's so close.

I think this coming weekend (7/8-9 is all motorcycles.. The poker run is on Sat, and the MC show is on Sunday. I will ride my FLSTN over there on Sunday, live band, bikes a plenty and the Famous XXX burgers and rootbeer floats.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:58 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
My doctor froze mine with a dry ice swab during my annual physical last week. I look so much younger I may need to start wearing a name tag around people who used to know me.
Wonder if swabbing the top of my head would help. I'm starting to look like a Franciscan monk.

Did the order actually shave their heads or only accept those with male pattern baldness; the first real "hair club for men".
Old 07-04-2017, 12:05 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Wonder if swabbing the top of my head would help. I'm starting to look like a Franciscan monk.

Did the order actually shave their heads or only accept those with male pattern baldness; the first real "hair club for men".

Let it fall out Mike. Nobody who knows you will never mistake you for a monk. Just don't change your spending patterns. Aren't Monks required to take an oath of poverty?
Old 07-04-2017, 04:03 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Sharing a couple of shots from the show last Sunday. Mostly cars I had not seen before

Old 07-04-2017, 04:12 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Let it fall out Mike. Nobody who knows you will never mistake you for a monk. Just don't change your spending patterns. Aren't Monks required to take an oath of poverty?

You're where I was a few years ago before just shaving my head. I kept trying to pretend that something was up there, but it got to the point where it was either going to be the Bozo/Friar Monk look or shave it all off.

So I did.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer

You're where I was a few years ago before just shaving my head. I kept trying to pretend that something was up there, but it got to the point where it was either going to be the Bozo/Friar Monk look or shave it all off.

So I did.
I gave a lot of thought to shaving my head but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. (My wife gets nervous when I handle sharp objects anyway) but my granddaughters were visiting one weekend and looking for something to do, so, since I couldn't bring myself to sit through yet another viewing of "Frozen" Wll...

The resulting good news was I no longer had to get up so early to do my hair for the job I had already left 5 years before.

The not-so-good news was that I discovered all these scars and growths and spots all over my head (not all of them caused by my granddaughters initial barbering). So I stared wearing hats, but my first visit to my dermatologist about these scalpine aberrations brought forth the inquiry about whether I wore a hat. Since my medical insurance wouldn't pay for just a consultation, I had her freeze or remove something. Now I can't recognize strong smells.

So, now, as part of my "I used to be different, but now I'm the same" self-improvement scheme, I'm considering letting my hair grow back, such as it will choose to do. Thought I'd try to gain back that friendly appearance when approaching small children didn't run to hide behind their mothers when they saw me at shopping malls.

Just sayin'

Last edited by last901; 07-04-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the guy that owns "Orange Slice" the 51. Cool car and very innovative. The rear skirts are very interesting on how they attach and the car was fitted to a 83 Lincoln Town car chassis. Interesting also he added the lake pipes in the last couple weeks.

Sharing a couple of shots from the show last Sunday. Mostly cars I had not seen before

Old 07-05-2017, 12:49 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Beltfedbob
I know the guy that owns "Orange Slice" the 51. Cool car and very innovative. The rear skirts are very interesting on how they attach and the car was fitted to a 83 Lincoln Town car chassis. Interesting also he added the lake pipes in the last couple weeks.
That custom Merc simply made my day. Thanks for the details. I think one has to be of a certain age and devotee of an era that this car captures in so many ways.

Back in the day there were hot rods and customs. The 49-'51 Mercurys - the so-called "James Dean Mercurys" as made popular by his early film, "Rebel Without a Cause" were the hallmark for the type as much as '32 Fords were the definitive classic Hot Rods.

Being an older guy I nearly had tears in my eyes when I saw this car, One would have to have "been there" to really appreciate what it represents. Thanks to your further description I am even more in awe of this car. Those lake pipes were the perfect addition. If anyone asked me to describe the car that most represented my youth, this would be perfect.

Wow! Just wow!

This just might be the basis for an Alpine Stereo Lamborghini Countach Poster for us seniors.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That custom Merc simply made my day. Thanks for the details. I think one has to be of a certain age and devotee of an era that this car captures in so many ways.

Back in the day there were hot rods and customs. The 49-'51 Mercurys - the so-called "James Dean Mercurys" as made popular by his early film, "Rebel Without a Cause" were the hallmark for the type as much as '32 Fords were the definitive classic Hot Rods.

Being an older guy I nearly had tears in my eyes when I saw this car, One would have to have "been there" to really appreciate what it represents. Thanks to your further description I am even more in awe of this car. Those lake pipes were the perfect addition. If anyone asked me to describe the car that most represented my youth, this would be perfect.

Wow! Just wow!

This just might be the basis for an Alpine Stereo Lamborghini Countach Poster for us seniors.
Here it is at the Golden Wheels race car show over at the Shoreline Historical Museum.

The following users liked this post:
last901 (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 02:42 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Beltfedbob
Here it is at the Golden Wheels race car show over at the Shoreline Historical Museum.

Worthy of any show or even a museum or two. The XXX was the perfect backdrop. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Sunday Show @ the XXX

Quick Reply: Sunday Show @ the XXX