Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

The Camel Just Managed to Stick his nose under the tent

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 07:44 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by last901
Well, here we go (again)

I guess I'll never understand politicians and their rationale for discouraging people of means from living in the city.

http://mynorthwest.com/688774/seattl...me-tax-passes/

Who voted these people in anyway?
Idiots elected by BHDIFOTPOTTS
Old 07-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Zorro O
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamran
^ you know, Seattle/Capital Hill with their rainbow were very smart. The couple of thousands of dollars they spent on it was a probably one of the best decisions they made. Although it was small scale, they got return on investment by tenfold on the first weekend. I often sit across the street near one of those rainbow crosswalks to have a drink or dinner and watch hundreds of visitors flock the area to take pictures crossing the crosswalk. The tax revenue they generated from all the visitors to come to the area, then drink and eat by far exceeded the cost.

That my friend was a much better investment than any of the sports areana "we" had to pay for to be built so a bunch of young and fit jocks can make millions and millions!

I take the rainbow any day....
I hope it was a better investment than this!
https://www.weaselzippers.us/348954-...payers-196000/
Old 07-17-2017, 05:43 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Zorro O
I hope it was a better investment than this!
https://www.weaselzippers.us/348954-...payers-196000/
Hard to say, since "our" rainbow sidewalks cost a mere $66,000. Seems even when we do "waste" money to recognize some cause or acknowledge a minority of some sort or another (however worthy) we are still second class.

But this area is my home and I love it here. That is so long as the cost for license tabs do not exceed my property taxes.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL, not only Seattle, it's the whole state not thinking right...
WTF is this about and who let this happen?

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/bienni.../1501-S.PL.pdf
Old 07-17-2017, 08:40 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Okay, truce! This is a Corvette (and, I guess now an MV Agusta, Porsche Speedster) discussion. I'm aways happy to discuss either, but not sure this is the right forum. I guess since nobody has complained to the moderator yet must means there are some who are as PO'd about things like Rainbow Crosswalks as I am. (BTW, I do not think people visit the Capital Hill area to take pictures of the crosswalks and spend money in the local eateries).

Speaking for myself, I think the City Gummint are a bunch of loonies and only deserve to be in office because other loonies voted them in, or, citizens who do not wish to be associated with loonies choose not to vote at all and therefore shy away from polling sites for fear of being labeled as loonies.

I'm beginning to think we non-loonies should finance an expedition to capture another Orca, err, Killer Whale, and house it somewhere between the Space Needle and the waterfront Ferris Wheel (oh look, Fred, it's like the one in London, but London doesn't have a sick killer whale) and that eyesore Space Needle. Come to think of it, why don't we turn the Space Needle into a homeless encampment so the residents can get "high" for free - well after paying the elevator fees.

What was the question?

Sorry,

Last edited by last901; 07-17-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:15 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

For the record, I was one of the people who believed we should leave politics out of this section, but I didn't complain to a mod. Just putting that out there
Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by four0nefive
For the record, I was one of the people who believed we should leave politics out of this section, but I didn't complain to a mod. Just putting that out there
It gets harder and harder each day not to drag politics into everything it seems....

Quick Reply: The Camel Just Managed to Stick his nose under the tent