Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

A shout out to Dirk Fowler at Cascade Auto Center Body Shop in Wenatchee WA

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:28 AM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Received 895 Likes on 309 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified

Default A shout out to Dirk Fowler at Cascade Auto Center Body Shop in Wenatchee WA

Just wanted to give a shout out of my appreciation of Dirk Fowler at the Cascade Auto Center Chevrolet Body Shop in Wenatchee Washington.

I had the dreaded front bumper fascia to fender paint defect on my C7 that so many C7 owners are frustrated with. I took my car there under warranty and Dirk was fantastic in every way working with me, GM representatives and the Bowling Green Corvette facility in having a new factory painted bumper fascia sent for installation. I really didn't want to have my new C7 Z06 have re-paint work done on it and Dirk understood this and supported my wishes in all communications with the GM authorities. Today, I picked up my car and the work Dirk oversaw turned out perfect. Here are a few pics showing the original defect, through the swap and ultimately the finished result.

Thank you Dirk, you were awesome to work with over this warranty issue. Please feel free to forward this on to your management at Cascade Auto Center, because you my friend were a pleasure to work with!

Corvette folks on the east side over here in the Wenatchee Valley, if you need any body work done, go see Dirk Fowler, he is a great guy!

Here is the original paint defect;

And here is looking at the defect once the bumper fascia was removed from my car;

The stripes being installed on the new factory painted fascia;

And a close-up of the new fascia installed showing the areas where the defect was;

And home again in the stable!

Last edited by GarryL; 07-28-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:35 PM
69_Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 219 Posts

Congrats and thanks for sharing good news!
Scott
The following users liked this post:
GarryL (08-01-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:18 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I had the same issue on my 2017 Z06 but my paint pop was very small. Cascade was very open to working with me under warrenty. I have a lot invested in SunTec wrap and CQ Reserve ceramic coating so I asked Tim at the Cascade Body Shop if he could fix the paint. They did and you can not find where it was repaired. Had I had as much damage as GarryL I probably would have chosen to have the front fascia replaced.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Received 895 Likes on 309 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by DRTBYK
I had the same issue on my 2017 Z06 but my paint pop was very small. Cascade was very open to working with me under warrenty. I have a lot invested in SunTec wrap and CQ Reserve ceramic coating so I asked Tim at the Cascade Body Shop if he could fix the paint. They did and you can not find where it was repaired. Had I had as much damage as GarryL I probably would have chosen to have the front fascia replaced.
Well hello there Dan, remember me from meeting up with a few guys from Wenatchee Valley Corvette Club? Now that I have this issue resolved, my Z goes in for the full frontal SunTec treatment on the 10th of August. I look forward to this so I am not sweating the inevitable rock chips so much! Hope to see you again some time and talk about our Z06's... Cheers!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GarryL
Well hello there Dan, remember me from meeting up with a few guys from Wenatchee Valley Corvette Club? Now that I have this issue resolved, my Z goes in for the full frontal SunTec treatment on the 10th of August. I look forward to this so I am not sweating the inevitable rock chips so much! Hope to see you again some time and talk about our Z06's... Cheers!
Hi Garry! Of course I remember you and Mindy. Glad you got your paint issue fixed the 'factory' way.

Look forward to our next meet-up.

Cheers,
GarryL (08-04-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 07:20 AM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have always received great service from Cascade Auto in WEN with my C-6.

George
GarryL (08-09-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 09:02 AM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To A shout out to Dirk Fowler at Cascade Auto Center Body Shop in Wenatchee WA

Quick Reply: A shout out to Dirk Fowler at Cascade Auto Center Body Shop in Wenatchee WA