Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 10:59 PM
PsYkHoTiK
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hello!

New 2017 C7 Z06 (with Z07) owner in the Seattle(ish) - Eastside area! (well, I've had it for about a month now haha)

(Also, first time Chevy owner for that matter)

I hopped over from owning Audis (had a 2011 Audi S4 and a 2013 Audi RS5) so am still learning quite a bit about the platform. I made the switch seeking something lighter / faster / more nimble than my RS5. Also was hoping to get something that was less of a "GT" car and more of a "raw performance" type of car (that I wouldn't have to mod nearly as much nor spend as much time mucking around with before / during / after the race track). I love working on cars (and try to do as much as I can on my own), but I was a little tired of always swapping brake pads out for track (and rotating them mid day).

I'm a bit of a track rat as well. I've been hitting the race track ~6-8 times a year for the last 7 years or so. Will still be rolling with the Audi Club mainly and perhaps Hooked on Driving (since I have made a lot of friends with both groups) but hope to join in on events with other Vette owners.

Track vid with me in my "old" car:

I love motorsports. Specifically, sports car / endurance racing. I've been a fan of Corvette Racing for many years (in the GTLM class) - needless to say that I was a big Audi fan in LMP1 until their exit.

As my stated desire above, I don't plan on modding it too much (unlike the RS5 which I essentially replaced most of the suspension to track it). I (just now) replaced the air filter with the Burger Motorsports filter, will be installing a Corsa exhaust soon (Double Helix X-Pipe and Xtreme axle back), and plan on getting a DSC Sport controller sometime soon. (I also swapped out the MPSC2s that came on the car with MPSS (still throws up rocks like crazy lol) and had an alignment done based off of a setting I found on the forum).

Anyways, I've yapped on enough. Attached are some pics. And I hope to meet some of you fine folks sometime on meets, the roads, or better yet, the track...

I'll try and throw dueces to some of the vette brethren I see on the roads...
Attached Images      

Last edited by PsYkHoTiK; 09-06-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:06 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Welcome to our fun corner here. Look forward to seeing your car sometime, maybe at Exotics at Redmond Town Center some sunny Saturday! Oh, and I know Laguna Seca quite well, been going there last 17 years in a row for the IMSA/Tudor races, before that I always hit up the Superbike and MotoGP....

Last edited by JETninja; 09-07-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:13 AM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Welcome! Prepare to drop 10 seconds off your lap time, and not hear as much tire squeeling!
Sounds like you've done your research on what's all needed, unlike an Audi which pushes like a pig, unless you redo/replace the entire suspension! I gave up on mine/them after blowing two engines...first one, on account of the "plastic" water pump impeller!
Anyways, get ready to have a lot of fun without all the headache!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:42 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I too am a Vette/Audi fan authough both of mine are not tracked and I guess to be fair I should mention my wife stole my S5 when I retired last year.

If you want to see what yours will do on the short strip, there is the PNW Nationals on the 16th of this month at Pacific Raceways.

Here are a couple of pic of mine (well one of mine, one of the wife's!)

Old 09-07-2017, 11:09 AM
PsYkHoTiK
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JETninja
Welcome to our fun corner here. Look forward to seeing your car sometime, maybe at Exotics at Redmond Town Center some sunny Saturday! Oh, and I know Laguna Seca quite well, been going there last 17 years in a row for the IMSA/Tudor races, before that I always hit up the Superbike and MotoGP....
Thanks for the welcome! Yup, I try to make it out to Exotics every so often (was there last Saturday). Probably not this Saturday though.

I LOVE MRLS! It was a "bucket list" track for a bunch of my buddies and I. We all crossed it off of our "bucket lists" and promptly re-added it back on. I think I need to introduce the vette to that racetrack sometime soon.

Originally Posted by Kamran
Welcome! Prepare to drop 10 seconds off your lap time, and not hear as much tire squeeling!
Sounds like you've done your research on what's all needed, unlike an Audi which pushes like a pig, unless you redo/replace the entire suspension! I gave up on mine/them after blowing two engines...first one, on account of the "plastic" water pump impeller!
Anyways, get ready to have a lot of fun without all the headache!
Thanks! Yeah, the vette feels SO nimble in comparison with (mindblowingly) more cornering grip. I'm really impressed with the suspension / magnetic ride.

Originally Posted by kenthomas4
Welcome to the forum! I too am a Vette/Audi fan authough both of mine are not tracked and I guess to be fair I should mention my wife stole my S5 when I retired last year.

If you want to see what yours will do on the short strip, there is the PNW Nationals on the 16th of this month at Pacific Raceways.

Here are a couple of pic of mine (well one of mine, one of the wife's!)

Gorgeous cars! I LOVE the blue on your vette! (I'm a big fan of blue cars)

I do want to hit the strip with the car at some point. Maybe will hit up some of the Test N Tunes that they'll have next month.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:35 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Corvette lovers group. I have had a Vette since High School and am a sr now!! I wouldn't own another "foreign car" had a MGA and was the worse POS I ever owned. Join a Vette Club. We belong to 2 and have LOTS of fun on drives and get togethers
ENJOY !!!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM
GoodVibeVince
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Corvette world from one of the younger members to another

Looking forward to meeting you at local events.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:31 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Welcome! Glad to have another member here than enjoys hitting the track!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:11 PM
PsYkHoTiK
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Welcome to the Corvette lovers group. I have had a Vette since High School and am a sr now!! I wouldn't own another "foreign car" had a MGA and was the worse POS I ever owned. Join a Vette Club. We belong to 2 and have LOTS of fun on drives and get togethers
ENJOY !!!
Nice! I remember growing up as a kid in Indianapolis, IN and there was a C4 Corvette in the neighborhood. I've always loved cars growing up and looked at pics of beautiful Italian cars, but the C4 vette was the first real sports car that I saw in person (as opposed to posters or magazines). Glad to finally have a vette of my own!

Originally Posted by GoodVibeVince
Welcome to the Corvette world from one of the younger members to another

Looking forward to meeting you at local events.
Thanks! Likewise!

Originally Posted by four0nefive
Welcome! Glad to have another member here than enjoys hitting the track!
Thanks!

What tracks do you usually go to (and with what groups)?
Old 09-08-2017, 11:12 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Haven't personally done any track days. I have done laps around both Pacific Raceways and the Ridge. I just do photography (mainly for SCCA Track Night in America events).
Old 09-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Some of us do Turn2, or Porsche Club's.
I mostly do the Ridge. Season is pretty much over except for PCA next week at PR.
T2 and the Ridge are working on an off season arrangement, but they'll be short notice pending weather and interests.
You might wanna invest in some after market wheels for the track. OEM wheels are a bit soft for track duty.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:59 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Welcome to our area of the Forum! I've primarily run with Turn 2 Lapping recently for events held at The Ridge. Probably done with HPDE for the season unless one of the short notice events works out in decent weather, although I've run The Ridge in the rain and it was a lot more fun than I thought it'd be!

Nice looking car! If you're running 6-8 events/year, you might want to switch from the CCB to steel rotors as it'll be more cost effective in the long run. That said, I'm loving the CCBs on the track.

Look forward to meeting you in person.

Aaron

Front straight at The Ridge

Get notified of new replies

To Hello!

Quick Reply: Hello!