Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

???Name of Chevrolet dealer on Rainier Ave in 60's??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 10:54 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts

Default ???Name of Chevrolet dealer on Rainier Ave in 60's??

They had some Corvette's, but I can't remember the name. Maybe 3 miles north of the Renton Airport.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:24 AM
olkritter
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drawing a blank

If I had a nickle for every time my family drove through that neighborhood in the Sixties, well ... I would have a bunch of nickles. I recall several auto retailers on the west side of Rainier Avenue across from the Renton Airport, but I am coming up empty on a Chevrolet dealership as far north as you are describing. (You are thinking near the Rainier Beach neighborhood, correct?) I continued to travel frequently through that area until about 1980, and no memories from those later years bring a Chevy store into focus, either.

Any other landmarks you recall that might help joggle a dodgy neuron?
Old 11-04-2017, 06:45 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

The only Chevrolet Dealer I can remember on Rainier Avenue was Courtesy Chevrolet. They were located between the area where Franklin High School and the Gennesse neighborhood. (forgive the spelling...)

However there was also a large used car lot on Rainier ave, close to Renton and across the street from the north end of the Renton airport. Can't remember the name clearly, but I'm thinking something like GM Auto Sales.

In fact, I seem to recall that the GM had more to do with the owner's name than any true connection to General Motors. They often seemed to have lots of cars that appealed to me, like '57 Chevys and such. No brand new cars though.

There was a bona-fide Chevrolet dealer, Williams and Swanson, located in the middle of downtown Renton. I'm sure that's not the place you recall though.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:50 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts

Courtesy, That must be what I was trying to remember.

But that hot used car lot I do remember. Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2017, 08:57 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
The only Chevrolet Dealer I can remember on Rainier Avenue was Courtesy Chevrolet. They were located between the area where Franklin High School and the Gennesse neighborhood. (forgive the spelling...)

However there was also a large used car lot on Rainier ave, close to Renton and across the street from the north end of the Renton airport. Can't remember the name clearly, but I'm thinking something like GM Auto Sales.

In fact, I seem to recall that the GM had more to do with the owner's name than any true connection to General Motors. They often seemed to have lots of cars that appealed to me, like '57 Chevys and such. No brand new cars though.

There was a bona-fide Chevrolet dealer, Williams and Swanson, located in the middle of downtown Renton. I'm sure that's not the place you recall though.
Courtesy Chevrolet is where I’d drive my metallic blue chrome fendered Firestone 500 bike down to to see the C2 Corvettes....been in love with them ever since. I’d hang out for hours till they drove me off....I recall they were around $5K when my Dads Buick’s of the day were around $3500? I believe it was south of the Wigwam and north of the Foremost dairy?

Get notified of new replies

To ???Name of Chevrolet dealer on Rainier Ave in 60's??

Quick Reply: ???Name of Chevrolet dealer on Rainier Ave in 60's??