Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Having fun in the Garage.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Having fun in the Garage.

I had a nice experience the other day at that shop that’s headquartered in our area that helps you have fun in your garage.

I had purchased their first generation orbital buffer 8 or 9 years ago. Used it probably a half dozen times perhaps a total of 40 – 50 hours but the friction clutch had worn out and the machine, although the motor functioned perfectly no longer delivered any torque to the polishing wheel. Drove down to Tacoma the other day and brought it into the showroom store. I still had the original box & instructions (which may have helped). The fellow at the counter took it into the shop area, looked it over declared that it was no good, couldn’t be repaired but…. didn’t appear to be abused and said… “We have a lifetime guarantee. Here’s a new one of the same model. Have more fun in your garage.”

It’s good to know that there are some companies that will still honor their “lifetime guarantee” Sure can’t do that with Sears tools anymore.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:43 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

That's certainly refreshing to hear! If E@RTC isn't on for this Saturday morning, I was thinking about going to Griot's caffeine and gasoline event they have the first Saturday of every month.

What are you polishing?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:41 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

The 95 got beaten up pretty well last year when I was running it prior to an emissions test and came upon a line of non covered dump trucks and it was a windy day.

Trying to get it looking like it did here years ago in one of the Mill Creek shows

Old 04-02-2018, 08:43 AM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
That's certainly refreshing to hear! If E@RTC isn't on for this Saturday morning, I was thinking about going to Griot's caffeine and gasoline event they have the first Saturday of every month.

What are you polishing?
It's rough when there are two things going on. I'm a lean towards E@RTC because it's close and I've never been, but you said caffeine so...
Old 04-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

I had my Griots 3 inch buffer die on me. I took it into them and walked out with a new one, no charge. The 6 inch has done about 15 cars and 6 or so unlimited hydroplanes with a few smaller boats and is still going great.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:25 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

That speaks well for Griots. I've never been disappointed with any of their products, but have yet, thus far -though tempted - to get one-a-them buffers.

Presently, I'm trying to catch Poodle Girl's dog, Buffy. If that mutt bites me one more time he's going to be my next wash mitt. And I'm not going to spend the money to make sure the bucket is full of Griots Car Wash. A handful of Tide detergent - the powdered kind - or Comet, should be good enough for that nasty little monster...

Probably should spring for a roll of duct tape to tape his jaws shut.

Just sayin'
Old 04-04-2018, 04:40 PM
c4stevette
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
The 95 got beaten up pretty well last year when I was running it prior to an emissions test and came upon a line of non covered dump trucks and it was a windy day.

Trying to get it looking like it did here years ago in one of the Mill Creek shows

That is one good looking car!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:39 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Griot's has a lifetime guarantee on all their hard goods, including their wash buckets. They are a great place with great customer service.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 04-06-2018, 09:26 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Good to hear....that’s my fovorite car place....lots of great products. Were the Ferrari’s still on display?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:35 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
Good to hear....that’s my fovorite car place....lots of great products. Were the Ferrari’s still on display?
They still had the Ferrari's on display a couple of weeks ago. Had to make a trip down there to treat my first C5 CE to the true pampering.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:21 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, that would be all well and fine.....if you hadn’t bitten him first!
Originally Posted by last901
That speaks well for Griots. I've never been disappointed with any of their products, but have yet, thus far -though tempted - to get one-a-them buffers.

Presently, I'm trying to catch Poodle Girl's dog, Buffy. If that mutt bites me one more time he's going to be my next wash mitt. And I'm not going to spend the money to make sure the bucket is full of Griots Car Wash. A handful of Tide detergent - the powdered kind - or Comet, should be good enough for that nasty little monster...

Probably should spring for a roll of duct tape to tape his jaws shut.

Just sayin'
Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
Well, that would be all well and fine.....if you hadn’t bitten him first!
Did not did not... he started it. I'm just waiting for some ad on TV from one of those ambulance chasers who would be willing to take some time out from building class-action suits over asbestos-related diseases and those caused by towel littler at freeway rest stops and will take on dog-bites injuries.

Hurry up and buy that new C7 or C8 or whatever you think you might buy this week. I need something to sue you for. I'm sure you don't want me to settle for Cujo and have to slice him up in order to give the attorney his cut. So to speak.

Just sayin'

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about having fun in the garage or something? Oh, I guess things like Land Rovers don't count...

Get notified of new replies

To Having fun in the Garage.

Quick Reply: Having fun in the Garage.