Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

LS7 eengine diagnosis help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LS7 eengine diagnosis help wanted

Hey,

I did the typical bolt-ons a few years ago and it's been great. 580rwhp and no issues at all. I've noticed after this winter she is getting louder, ticking sounds and such from the engine. I'm hoping to find someone in the Seattle area that could help give me a lending ear to help figure out what is going on. I don't necessary need work help, just advice on what I should replace\check first. Beer, Pizza, money are all on the table. Car runs just fine now so I can go to your location or you can come to me, whatever works. Just let me know if someone with some skills can help me out. Thanks!

Greg
07 C6Z06
Katech K501 cam
heads milled .030
LG Super Pro long tube headers
RPS Billet Carbon Twin Clutch

Edit: Damn... can't spell engine. Mods, feel free to fix title. Thanks!

Last edited by amdoverclocker; 04-15-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:01 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by amdoverclocker
Hey,

I did the typical bolt-ons a few years ago and it's been great. 580rwhp and no issues at all. I've noticed after this winter she is getting louder, ticking sounds and such from the engine. I'm hoping to find someone in the Seattle area that could help give me a lending ear to help figure out what is going on. I don't necessary need work help, just advice on what I should replace\check first. Beer, Pizza, money are all on the table. Car runs just fine now so I can go to your location or you can come to me, whatever works. Just let me know if someone with some skills can help me out. Thanks!

Greg
07 C6Z06
Katech K501 cam
heads milled .030
LG Super Pro long tube headers
RPS Billet Carbon Twin Clutch

Edit: Damn... can't spell engine. Mods, feel free to fix title. Thanks!
Pull your heads send them to AHP your valve guides are bad. Do it soon before you drop a valve an put a vent in the block!!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:07 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod03
Pull your heads send them to AHP your valve guides are bad. Do it soon before you drop a valve an put a vent in the block!!
Thanks for the advice but I think they are actually fine. I replaced the guides, all new valves, spring, etc recommended by Katech when I put the cam in. Recently I did the "wiggle test" with the heads still installed, yes I know it has its flaws, but they were actually good. I am more leaning to lifters as a potential problem. They were replaced as well but maybe too much load on them... too long of push rod or something. While I'm not 100% ruling out valve guide issue again, I'm just hoping its not them. I will have them checked professionally when I take the heads off for sure though. Can't be too safe with those damn things! Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 eengine diagnosis help wanted

Quick Reply: LS7 eengine diagnosis help wanted