Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Annual Corvette & High Performance Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 01:34 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default Annual Corvette & High Performance Meet

CHP Meet

45th Annual Corvette & High Performance Meet

Saturday, February 9, 2019

General Admission 8AM – 3PM Enter through Blue or Gold Gates
  • $11 (adults)
  • $10 (seniors 65 and over & active military)
  • $8 (youth 13-16)
I have not been to this in many years, as I seldom if ever found any NOS or good quality
69-73 Camaro parts.
Interested again, only because I now have my 2012 Grand Sport
What with the newer bldgs at the Fair Grounds....what's been YOUR experience
with this "event" in recent years ?????

Old 01-26-2019, 01:40 PM
BigTree
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My experience is similar to yours, have not been back for several years.
The following users liked this post:
CamarosRus (01-26-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 03:54 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have gone every year for about 15 years. Each year has been good but it seems like less and less Corvette items are there. Neverless, it has always been fun and is the first event of the year for me. Summer time can't come soon enough.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:14 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

2000VetteGuy, Do they use ANY of the indoor Bldg Space for displaying SHOW Quality
Corvettes ???? YA Think !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2019, 06:15 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Originally Posted by CamarosRus
2000VetteGuy, Do they use ANY of the indoor Bldg Space for displaying SHOW Quality
Corvettes ???? YA Think !!!!!!!!!!
Last year, there was quite a few of Corvette's on display. Some are personal cars and some from the local Chev dealer The 2 bigger buildings are used for the displays. One for personal cars and one has about 1/4 of the area for cars on display, with the rest for vendors. A lot of vendors are both outside and in a tent building. There is usually a lot to see but can be walked in about 1 1/2 hours. Hope this helped.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:57 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This year's Meet features just Corvettes on display. We will have a great display featuring the old Alan Green Chevrolet Cheetah race cars and all kinds of memorabilia related to the dealership, the cars, and some of the people who were involved.

This year we have gone back to the original formats.for days and times. In addition to the Saturday date and times as shown, we will open on Sunday at 9 AM and close at 1 PM. If you want to get a booth to sell parts or cars, you can download the registration form here or come to the Fairgrounds at the Gold Gate where we will have our registration booth.

This is my 25th year working for the CHP Meet!!
Old 01-26-2019, 07:37 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

c4crusier, Correct me IF IM WRONG, but was I the first Forum member to start a thread for the 2019
Puyallap Corvette/Hi Performance Swap meet and (non) Show....??? and if so....WHY ???

FYI, I was the 2nd and last owner of the #27 ZL-1 Alan Green Camaro ....I know, WHO CARES?????

My real name is still Chuck Sharin
Old 01-28-2019, 11:07 AM
69_Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 219 Posts

I'll be at the swap meet on Saturday!
I've purchased a lot of items over the years there. I even saw my car the first time ever there. I subsequently bought it a month after the meet but that is where I found it!
Scott
Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

I'll be working the NCRS booth on Sat. This will be my 37th consecutive year. I always have a good time and see a lot of friends. What the he11 else you gonna do on a cold/wet Feb. day?
Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 AM
K7MXE
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Weather

I could change my mind but right now I think the weather is not right for me to go to the meet.
My time could be better spent keeping this place from freezing and pretty sure anyone with a
outdoor space will have snow to deal with.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:14 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

We have been keeping a close eye on weather forecasts but we will still have the meet. Some of the crew (including me) are heading up to Puyallup tomorrow to start some setup stuff so we can be ready for Friday vendor move-in.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:42 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by K7MXE
I could change my mind but right now I think the weather is not right for me to go to the meet.
My time could be better spent keeping this place from freezing and pretty sure anyone with a
outdoor space will have snow to deal with.
Unfortunately, this year will go down as a failure due to weather. Everyone I know coming from the north and south have canceled as well as all the NCRS members. This will be the first year I've missed in decades.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:16 AM
HeyFred
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming from Woodinville,roads are good south of Bellevue. Noticed only one car off to the side and it was in Redmond, on a straightaway into a jersey barrier.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:48 AM
rccarson
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Default corvette and high performance swap meet

Can anybody confirm that the venue is even open? The fair plex usually shuts down until snow can be removed.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:13 AM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Unfortunately, I am going to pass this year. Maybe some of the Corvette stuff will carry over to the Early Bird or Almost Spring meet.

Last edited by 2000 Vette Guy; 02-09-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:32 PM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Default Snowed in here!

Is this rescheduled? I didn't have time to put chains on this morning.
Originally Posted by CamarosRus

CHP Meet

45th Annual Corvette & High Performance Meet

Saturday, February 9, 2019

General Admission 8AM – 3PM Enter through Blue or Gold Gates
I can't get out of the garage! Seriously?

• $11 (adults)
  • $10 (seniors 65 and over & active military)
  • $8 (youth 13-16)
I have not been to this in many years, as I seldom if ever found any NOS or good quality
69-73 Camaro parts.
Interested again, only because I now have my 2012 Grand Sport
What with the newer bldgs at the Fair Grounds....what's been YOUR experience
with this "event" in recent years ?????
Old 02-09-2019, 11:43 PM
69_Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 219 Posts

So, what happens Sunday? Is the event open? I decided to not go today and instead visited the boat to make sure she is ok.
thought maybe Sunday. Is it open? Any venders? Worth the drive?

thanks for any input!

Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Annual Corvette & High Performance Meet

Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Fiberbundle
Burning Brakes

Received 340 Likes on 263 Posts

I also thought about going on Sunday but after seeing no response to your post 69 Shark, I figured many of the vendors did not risk the drive so why bother.
And as CamarosRus stated it is hard to believe someone within the organization management does not use this forum to promote the event early and give updates. Of course I find this to also be true for many of the Corvette events held in the area.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:35 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Fiberbundle
I also thought about going on Sunday but after seeing no response to your post 69 Shark, I figured many of the vendors did not risk the drive so why bother.
And as CamarosRus stated it is hard to believe someone within the organization management does not use this forum to promote the event early and give updates. Of course I find this to also be true for many of the Corvette events held in the area.
\
As far as posting information here, this particular year was somewhat difficult as we were short on staff and the promoter was very busy with coordinating the Alan Green display which was pretty small because some of the display vehicles were not going to appear because of the weather.

When I initially read CamaroRus' first post, I was just about ready to enter information about the event.and then I got called away to handle some event stuff. Sorry that I never got back to him, but it was my intention to do so. I staryed near the Farirgounds on Friday so I could be available as early as possible for Saturday. I'm not part of the "management team"; I do supervise the staff that are responsible for the buildings and that was my focus for the weekend.

We did have fair attendance given the weather and poor driving conditions throughout the Puget Sound area. I don't believe that there was any serious discussion regarding cancelling the event as it's pretty difficult to find another open weekend at the Fairgrounds. And in the 45 years that the Meet has been going, we never once canceled it.

Hopefully next February will be much better in terms of the weather!! Hope to see everyone in 2020!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 PM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Default should f cone

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
\
As far as posting information here, this particular year was somewhat difficult as we were short on staff and the promoter was very busy with coordinating the Alan Green display which was pretty small because some of the display vehicles were not going to appear because of the weather.
Should of driven over!
When I initially read CamaroRus' first post, I was just about ready to enter information about the event.and then I got called away to handle some event stuff. Sorry that I never got back to him, but it was my intention to do so. I staryed near the Farirgounds on Friday so I could be available as early as possible for Saturday. I'm not part of the "management team"; I do supervise the staff that are responsible for the buildings and that was my focus for the weekend.

We did have fair attendance given the weather and poor driving conditions throughout the Puget Sound area. I don't believe that there was any serious discussion regarding cancelling the event as it's pretty difficult to find another open weekend at the Fairgrounds. And in the 45 years that the Meet has been going, we never once canceled it.
Should of gone figured others would not show up!

Hopefully next February will be much better in terms of the weather!! Hope to see everyone in 2020!
Never say never!

Quick Reply: Annual Corvette & High Performance Meet