Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Evercoat fibertech

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Georgia1974
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evercoat fibertech

Getting ready to start primer in spring, I have the evercoat vette filler for most of the smoothing and seam lines. But I also got some of the evercoat fibertech for a few repairs. Does anyone have any experience with the fibertech. If so how was the result
Old 03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
roger55
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgia1974
Getting ready to start primer in spring, I have the evercoat vette filler for most of the smoothing and seam lines. But I also got some of the evercoat fibertech for a few repairs. Does anyone have any experience with the fibertech. If so how was the result
I hadn't heard of Fiber Tech. But I just looked on the Evercoat website and it looks like pretty good stuff. It says it's designed for SMC and rigid plastics.
Not sure how much of your '74 Vette is SMC but I think Vettes started coming with some of the panels made out of SMC around '72. I have heard that the SMCs has evolved through the years. I don't know if this is the best product for your application or not. Maybe someone else on the forum will know or maybe you should call Evercoat and see what they say.

Btw, I have always just covered factory seams with polyester primer. (Evercoat Featherfill or most recently Evercoat Slick Sand.) I have never had a problem with seams showing after doing that, even after years.

Roger
Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Georgia1974
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply Roger. On my 74 all is SMC except the front surround. I agree on the polyester filler for the seams, for that I am using the vette filler Evercoat 880. It was suggested on Lars tech sheet and also alot of people on the forum have liked it. I was considering using the fibertech for a few small fractures on the front where the bumper attaches, since it has short and long strands I thought it might be good for more strength in that area.

Get notified of new replies

To Evercoat fibertech

Quick Reply: Evercoat fibertech