Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Epoxy tube brand name

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Default Epoxy tube brand name

Not that long ago, someone posted a brand name of an epoxy product that comes in a dual tube syringe used for small body work for early C3 (1973) vettes. Does anyone have the brand? Can't find the post for the life of me.

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Mark G
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 339 Posts

I think that was me. It's called "Power Poxy For Pro's". Available at Menards and probably other home centers/hardware stores. I've used it effectively to repair SMC. I've used Adtech SMC repair epoxy (that Eckler's sells) side by side with it and as far as I can tell it works just as well. I used it on my own Vette too. I was curious and cut up some SMC pieces and tried some other types of Power Poxy epoxies. Other's didn't work as well ...some didn't even adhere to the SMC. I suggested to Ecklers to test it and sell it in a 'small crack repair kit'. Actually a tube goes a long way. Good luck

Mark G

Mark G
Old 06-17-2008, 10:23 PM
crazywelder
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

3M, Lord Fusor, and SEM all offer excellent quality adhesives designed for automotive use. The main difference in these brands is the cost of the applicator gun, SEM being the least expensive. You did not specify what materials you are gluing together, such as smc to steel or smc to smc, the are specific adhesives for each type of material you want to glue as well as short and long curing times depending on how long it will take you to align the parts. Your paint store or the mfr. web sites can help you out.

Make sure you use an adhesive designed for the materials you want to glue together as well as an adhesive that is designed for automotive use and is proven to withstand the automotive environment. Even the General messed up on the adhesive used to glue the smc roof panels on '98-02 "F" bodies resulting in the adhesive leaching through the smc, so you can't be too carefull with your selection, and I would avoid the home store stuff.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

i have used lord fusor t-21 with great results.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 PM
n.g.hayes
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fusor is great. Just finished a 72 and put on flares and a complete front end. Bullet proof once it hardens. Make sure the surfaces are roughed up pretty good and the bite is excellent. You can find a used gun every now and then on ebay. Mine will be for sale soon.
Norm

Get notified of new replies

To Epoxy tube brand name

Quick Reply: Epoxy tube brand name