Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Track results,carnage !

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 AM
intoc6s
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclerage23
My 402 with the spec twin did that twice. Now I'm on a spec3+ and its holding nicely. Make sure your using a C6 style pinion suport
Did u break that clutch in? Just wondering because i went and hammered it a few times with my spec 3plus and it was slipping on the dyno and now i feel it on the street when i put my foot in it! I wish it wasn t slipping!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Darrell G
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to make a stupid suggestion. I tried to find your mods looking for a line-lock. Back in the dark ages i raced a '55 Chev, with 5.38 gears. I was eating gears like crazy. Some fellow racer told me that the shock of torque on an unloaded drive train was doing the damage. After installing a hurst line lock, i would lightly load the drive train before coming off the line, and never ever again did i rip the rearend.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Darrell G
I hate to make a stupid suggestion. I tried to find your mods looking for a line-lock. Back in the dark ages i raced a '55 Chev, with 5.38 gears. I was eating gears like crazy. Some fellow racer told me that the shock of torque on an unloaded drive train was doing the damage. After installing a hurst line lock, i would lightly load the drive train before coming off the line, and never ever again did i rip the rearend.
Well,I think at this point its a non issue.Stock rear went back in the car,and its been sidelined to car show/cruise status with no more track time. We are considering building an all out track car next,probably solid axle ,full cage and BIG motor ! As for mine,its getting a C6Z upgrade,and I BABY it off the line !
Old 10-13-2008, 06:39 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by highpockets
Well,I think at this point its a non issue.Stock rear went back in the car,and its been sidelined to car show/cruise status with no more track time. We are considering building an all out track car next,probably solid axle ,full cage and BIG motor ! As for mine,its getting a C6Z upgrade,and I BABY it off the line !
Yeah-Yeah...thats what I said thru 2 clutches, a motor and rear end and I was back at Bowling Green drag racing a few weeks ago. Get the slack out of the drive train and slip the clutch and she will quit breaking.
Don't give up now !!!

Pitt
Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pit-man
Yeah-Yeah...thats what I said thru 2 clutches, a motor and rear end and I was back at Bowling Green drag racing a few weeks ago. Get the slack out of the drive train and slip the clutch and she will quit breaking.
Don't give up now !!!

Pitt
Well,its funny you say that,cause I asked about buying his new CCW drag pack and he says"I think I will hold onto them for a little while" Then,he asks if we put a 427 in it could we get it down into low 11s ???? Oh yeah,hes retiring all right
Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by highpockets
Well,its funny you say that,cause I asked about buying his new CCW drag pack and he says"I think I will hold onto them for a little while" Then,he asks if we put a 427 in it could we get it down into low 11s ???? Oh yeah,hes retiring all right
That 427 will see TENS...LOL

Pitt
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
02gt350
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where was the diff from? maybe get the top dawg from DTE...but to see one go with a brace and hardened shafts is more rare than normal

Quick Reply: Track results,carnage !