Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Bogart size help needed ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Tar Heel
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Bogart size help needed ...

For all of you with Bogarts; I need some size help. I called them this week to order a set of D10s for my '04 coupe and they didn't sound 100% confident on the backspacing. The rears are 16" x 11" (actually 10.75"?) with 8.5" BS I believe. The fronts are 17" x 4.5" but he really didn't know the BS.

Currently I have OEM thin spokes and after lowering the car all the way down on the stock lowering bolts I still have more than an inch of fenderwall gap. I'll most likely run 28" Hoosier bias ply Quick Time Pros and a 28" tall M&H front tire to fill that gap. I think the extra 1" of tire on top (OEMs are 26") should be about perfect.

If anyone can give the exact widths and BS for front and rear I would appreciate it. Also, they are $525 per from Bogart directly. Anyone know of a better price?

Thanks.

Scott
Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 PM
DBN
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered my Bogart D10s from SJM Manufacturing (724) 478-5580. They will set you straight on sizes and backspacing. Tell Steve that I (Danny Niceley) told you to call and get him to give you the specs on my wheels. I believe that my rear backspacing is more like 7.750 anyway, he can tell you. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Tar Heel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DBN
I ordered my Bogart D10s from SJM Manufacturing (724) 478-5580. They will set you straight on sizes and backspacing. Tell Steve that I (Danny Niceley) told you to call and get him to give you the specs on my wheels. I believe that my rear backspacing is more like 7.750 anyway, he can tell you. Good luck.
Thanks Danny. Are you running stock brakes front and rear and do you think I'll issues with a 28" tall tire, especially in the front?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

My $.02
You likely won't have issues with the fronts, but with the car lowered, you'll most definitely have issues running a 28" tires in the back. When the car launches, it will sit down on the tire and it'll rub and could damage both the tire and the fender. If you're convinced you need a 28" tall tire, lift the car back up to stock, or higher, ride height.

Sorry, can't help you on the bogart wheel size and BS. They are awesome looking though. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:07 PM
DBN
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
Thanks Danny. Are you running stock brakes front and rear and do you think I'll issues with a 28" tall tire, especially in the front?
I am running Strange drag brakes front and rear. I couldn't guess if you will have clearance issues. SJM might be able to advise you in that department.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Tar Heel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Capthuff
My $.02
You likely won't have issues with the fronts, but with the car lowered, you'll most definitely have issues running a 28" tires in the back. When the car launches, it will sit down on the tire and it'll rub and could damage both the tire and the fender. If you're convinced you need a 28" tall tire, lift the car back up to stock, or higher, ride height.

Sorry, can't help you on the bogart wheel size and BS. They are awesome looking though. Good luck.
Good point. Thanks for the input; that hadn't crossed my mind. Perhaps I'll stick with the 26" tire; that seems to be conventional wisdom.

Who makes a 26" skinny front radial so that I can run radials in the rear?

Get notified of new replies

To Bogart size help needed ...

Quick Reply: Bogart size help needed ...