Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

C5 performence question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 10:55 AM
Awesome04Vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C5 performence question

I know this is a tough one and a lot of it comes down to driver but I figured I would ask. I have a 04 c5 base 6spd... car made 591whp and 603 ft/lb of torque. has heads/cam/150 shot. I have only made a few passes on the car so I know I am still getting to know the car. Best I have done is 11.30 at 131 with a 1.7 60 ft. Not spraying until I hit 2nd gear. on a 17x10 rear tire with mickey Thompson et street radial. Does this number sounds about right for the car making that power? Obviously as I get to know the car it will get a little faster. Should the car be going much faster then low 11's? Should it be in the 10.70's-10.90's at that power?

Last edited by Awesome04Vette; 07-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:30 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

With that power, the car should be well into the 10s, even into the 9s.

However, as you have said, you're not spraying in 1st, so you're losing a bit of ET/mph there. Also, it's a manual trans Vette, and as I'm sure you know, it takes a lot of seat time to get it all to come together for a great pass.

Even without the nitrous, you should be able to work your way into the 1.5x 60'. Keep at it. The challenge is what makes running a Vette at the drag strip so fun, and frustrating.
The following users liked this post:
Awesome04Vette (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 08:43 PM
Awesome04Vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capthuff
With that power, the car should be well into the 10s, even into the 9s.

However, as you have said, you're not spraying in 1st, so you're losing a bit of ET/mph there. Also, it's a manual trans Vette, and as I'm sure you know, it takes a lot of seat time to get it all to come together for a great pass.

Even without the nitrous, you should be able to work your way into the 1.5x 60'. Keep at it. The challenge is what makes running a Vette at the drag strip so fun, and frustrating.
Thanks man for your input. I only got to make 2 passes the last time on a well prepped track. I took it the week before and the track was not prepped well so it just spun its all off. So pretty much I have only gotten 2 solid passes so far. I think the car has a ton left in it. I didnt want to start off spraying in 1st because i wanted to see how the car reacted to everything. With the 1.7 60 ft it bogged real bad when i left. I think spraying in 1st gear will make a huge difference.

I dont know if I see 9's in the car with it being a stick. However, I do think in my personal opinion it should be a 10 second car once I get a little more seat time. Specially spraying the car in 1st. If I can make it down to the 1.5 60ft mark I think it will get down the track well.

Guess i just need more seat time and to try a few new things.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 performence question

Quick Reply: C5 performence question