Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Latest Round of Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 12:45 PM
mad.Z06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Latest Round of Mods

Been creeping around a while and honestly, you guys/girls gave some great advice on the valve springs and LS6 motors. Been a while since I've been back but while I was getting the springs replaced I decided to add some more goodies.

As a reminder I stared with a 2002 ZO6 with 7,000 miles. It already had a Vararam, American Racing Longtubes and Borla. Also had some non "go fast" stuff like a B&M (?) Short throw, ZR1 replicas (305/295) and some other stuff. Had a Dyno sheet in the trunk when I purchased and said it was 374 whp(ish) - not in front of me now but can snap a pic if needed.

While it was in for the springs I decided to take the n/a build up a notch or two and added a stage 3 tsp Cam and have the throttlebody ported. Also, and I'll spare the details, replaced the short throw with an MGW and ended up putting on a C6Z suspension for good measure. New Dyno was 427 whp and 395 tq.

Extremely happy with the car now but coming from a Hellcat I want a bit more - even though the HP/LB ratio at this point is pretty darn close to the Kitty.

That leads me to the question, and there are just so many theories, what is the drivetrain loss in this particular car? I know the "standard" number is 15% but there are an overwhelming number of articles that said there is no "standard" and each drivetrain loss is different.

What I'm trying to get to is what is my number at the motor so I have a better sense of where I'm at before the next round of mods (A&A + Meth).

Thanks all .

Last edited by mad.Z06; 08-18-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:08 PM
mad.Z06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mad.Z06
Been creeping around a while and honestly, you guys/girls gave some great advice on the valve springs and LS6 motors. Been a while since I've been back but while I was getting the springs replaced I decided to add some more goodies.

As a reminder I stared with a 2002 ZO6 with 7,000 miles. It already had a Vararam, American Racing Longtubes and Borla. Also had some non "go fast" stuff like a B&M (?) Short throw, ZR1 replicas (305/295) and some other stuff. Had a Dyno sheet in the trunk when I purchased and said it was 374 whp(ish) - not in front of me now but can snap a pic if needed.

While it was in for the springs I decided to take the n/a build up a notch or two and added a stage 3 tsp Cam and have the throttlebody ported. Also, and I'll spare the details, replaced the short throw with an MGW and ended up putting on a C6Z suspension for good measure. New Dyno was 427 whp and 395 tq.

Extremely happy with the car now but coming from a Hellcat I want a bit more - even though the HP/LB ratio at this point is pretty darn close to the Kitty.

That leads me to the question, and there are just so many theories, what is the drivetrain loss in this particular car? I know the "standard" number is 15% but there are an overwhelming number of articles that said there is no "standard" and each drivetrain loss is different.

What I'm trying to get to is what is my number at the motor so I have a better sense of where I'm at before the next round of mods (A&A + Meth).

Thanks all .
15% it is.....
Old 08-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Smcgrath
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 15%

Everything I've heard and read also says 15% for manual tranny, that of course is with the stock ls6 clutch, an aftermarket clutch or even the ls7 kit can slightly affect the efficiency of the drivetrain.

Get notified of new replies

To Latest Round of Mods

Quick Reply: Latest Round of Mods