Photography The section to share and discuss photos you took and talk about camera gear.

Ballet Couple - First Time Ever ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,126 Likes on 922 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15,'22,'23,'24

Default Ballet Couple - First Time Ever ...

I know we have a separate thread each month just for "Critique/Feedback" specifically...that said anytime I put up a picture I always welcome constructive Critique so I can better my skill. So please by all means you can always comment on my photos and I will appreciate it.

This past Sunday was the first time I have ever photographed a Ballet Couple (besides being dance partners they are dating). I found it a bit of a different challenge to photograph in this manor. I used in most cases a (4) light set up to try and achieve the lighting effect I was after. My ultimate goals in shoots like this are to produce "ART"...and to me that means something that someone who does not even know the Dancers would find the photo quality/interesting/different enough to want to put on the wall of their own home. I'm not sure if I am achieving that...but I'm really trying. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, critique?

The following users liked this post:
3D-Aircrew (02-07-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 07:45 PM
brownacc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great as always . For me 1st photo I'd like a little more light and her facing him more.
2nd very nice , again just a little more light.
3rd light is better for me.
4th I'd like to see her either looking to him or directly to camera with head upright.
5th too much shadow on her face.
6th Nice shot except his facial expression a little off.
7th Like it , would like it more if she was looking more directly at him with her head more upright.
That's my very uneducated little to no knowledge in photography opinion .
Keep posting , I enjoy your work.

edit , by more light I mean more in direction than brightness, less shadowing on the body

Last edited by brownacc; 02-06-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Ballet Couple - First Time Ever ...