Photography The section to share and discuss photos you took and talk about camera gear.

Photohosting help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 11:40 PM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Photohosting help

Hi. In the past I used Photobucket.com but they became a mess.
I tried lensdump, but I can't get a photo to embed, only a link.
What are some other, hopefully free, ways to host photos and enable easy posting of photos?
Thanks in advance, oh gurus.

Last edited by gpotski; 04-16-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:30 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I pay for smugmug and have started to use Amazon as it is free with prime members.

I did find this website which has a mix of free and paid sites. some sites are free to a limit so depending how much you want to store they might work. https://photolemur.com/blog/best-online-photo-storage

Old 04-17-2020, 01:45 PM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
I pay for smugmug and have started to use Amazon as it is free with prime members.

I did find this website which has a mix of free and paid sites. some sites are free to a limit so depending how much you want to store they might work. https://photolemur.com/blog/best-online-photo-storage
Thanks. I'll check 'em out.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,126 Likes on 922 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15,'22,'23,'24

Originally Posted by gpotski
Hi. In the past I used Photobucket.com but they became a mess.
I tried lensdump, but I can't get a photo to embed, only a link.
What are some other, hopefully free, ways to host photos and enable easy posting of photos?
Thanks in advance, oh gurus.
I have used SmugMug for about 10 years now and they have been great. That said I have ~ 100,000 photos on their service now so it doesnt make a lot of sense for me to move everything either. I think it comes down to how much you use it, for what purpose and sheer amount of photos on the platform that going with paid or a free site makes more sense. I think Amazon might be a good choice if you are just looking for something to host every once in awhile.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:34 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,814 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I also pay for SmugMug. Been using them for 18 years. I have 80,000 photos hosted there all categorized in galleries and folders and also hundreds of videos.. Instant access, unlimited storage..

Bill aka ET

Old 04-21-2020, 11:40 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,814 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Nitro-C5
I have used SmugMug for about 10 years now and they have been great. That said I have ~ 100,000 photos on their service now so it doesnt make a lot of sense for me to move everything either. I think it comes down to how much you use it, for what purpose and sheer amount of photos on the platform that going with paid or a free site makes more sense. I think Amazon might be a good choice if you are just looking for something to host every once in awhile.
I dont upload anywhere near what I have in the past... I contemplated moving also.. Ive had zero problems with smug mug in 18 years.
For the cost of a single dinner out with the wife , Ive decided to stay. Lots of my quick shots from my phone can go right there in my share app to be used later. I dont carry much of my pro gear anymore. Only because IM sick.. I would love to be healthy enough to get back in the woods with good gear.

Bill aka ET

Get notified of new replies

To Photohosting help

Quick Reply: Photohosting help