Photography The section to share and discuss photos you took and talk about camera gear.

BTS - Fitness Shoot - Comments/Questions/Critique

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,103 Likes on 915 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Default BTS - Fitness Shoot - Comments/Questions/Critique

In the "How to improve this section" post several of you asked about more How To videos. I don't know if any of these are what you are loooking for but here is another BTS video of a Fitness Shoot I did along with some of the images we produced. As always feel free to ask questions, give comments and even critique to make them better/different.

The following 3 users liked this post by Nitro-C5:
JakeLucas (06-09-2020), ShagVette (05-19-2022), Skid Row Joe (07-02-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Nitro-C5

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Anyone, Anyone...Beuller?
Old 05-06-2020, 06:51 PM
brownacc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok , well my opinion doesn't mean much but I'll give it anyway.
Again for me not enough light in the first group of colored shots , the Black&White shots I like better with low light.
I get the low light shows more definition on the body but for me it just shadows to much of her body.
The last in color with more light I like best.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:58 PM
brownacc
Pro

This one from your other thread for me is spot on , Model , lighting , backdrop , etc.
Totally different shoot I know but this photo looks awesome , love her look also , light makeup girl next-door look.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:38 PM
FWC
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15-'16,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

As I was scrolling down looking at the first 6 pictures I was thinking nothing, nothing, nothing then boom the last one! Now don't get me wrong it has nothing to do with the quality or the b&w, your work is awesome.
But the last one, was it the color of the top , the color combination I don't know, but it's the only one that jumped out at me.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Nitro-C5

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by brownacc
Ok , well my opinion doesn't mean much but I'll give it anyway.
Again for me not enough light in the first group of colored shots , the Black&White shots I like better with low light.
I get the low light shows more definition on the body but for me it just shadows to much of her body.
The last in color with more light I like best.
Thank you for you taking time to give feedback. Those first ones are particularly "contrasty" as I use a lot of shadows (on purpose) to add to the drama. In that photoshoot I must have used 7-8 different light set ups so there is abit of variety, though in some cases the changes are subtle. Curious on if you Photograph Athletes? My portfolio is pretty diverse but I always like seeing other peoples work.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:43 PM
brownacc
Pro

Originally Posted by Nitro-C5
Thank you for you taking time to give feedback. Those first ones are particularly "contrasty" as I use a lot of shadows (on purpose) to add to the drama. In that photoshoot I must have used 7-8 different light set ups so there is abit of variety, though in some cases the changes are subtle. Curious on if you Photograph Athletes? My portfolio is pretty diverse but I always like seeing other peoples work.
Only photography I do is of my son playing baseball with an old Nikon P510.
Sometimes I'll take couple hundred shots during a ballgame only to end up with a few good photos !
I've always wanted to get some nice camera equipment but my hobbies never last very long before I get bored and move on.
I enjoy seeing good photography with sports , landscape and fit females of course .
Old 05-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Nitro-C5

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by FWC
As I was scrolling down looking at the first 6 pictures I was thinking nothing, nothing, nothing then boom the last one! Now don't get me wrong it has nothing to do with the quality or the b&w, your work is awesome.
But the last one, was it the color of the top , the color combination I don't know, but it's the only one that jumped out at me.

That was my goal all along (6) really average nothing photos so when you finally get to the good one it would leave an impression! On a serious note I prefer creating photos that are more complex that you don't see that often. Most people do not know how to photograph Athletes as they use too much flat lighting styles which reduced shadow (and take away definition of the muscle). The first ones are definitely more complex lighting shots and show more muscularity so I gravitate towards that style abit more with my really in shape Athletes. By comparison the color shot is much more simplistic in lighting. That said I obviously like all of them and my client is happy so overall a success.

Thanks for taking time to comment/feedback
The following users liked this post:
FWC (05-09-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To BTS - Fitness Shoot - Comments/Questions/Critique

Quick Reply: BTS - Fitness Shoot - Comments/Questions/Critique