CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   New C4 Products Needed by Owners? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/1318361-new-c4-products-needed-by-owners.html)

j3studio 04-24-2006 07:00 PM

The suggestions just keep on coming...two months in. Must be some actual demand!

:)

ex240sxEF9b16AT85c4 05-09-2006 06:31 PM

any word on any of these items yet steve? i didn't see a reply anywhere in here.... u still around?

anyways, a coupon code would be CLUTCH. :D

MustangHunter 05-09-2006 06:40 PM

Carbon fiber kits for 85' corvette other than decals that cover dash plates etc...

fxgrnd38 05-09-2006 06:46 PM

:yesnod:

Originally Posted by ex240sxEF9b16AT85c4
any word on any of these items yet steve? i didn't see a reply anywhere in here.... u still around?

anyways, a coupon code would be CLUTCH. :D

bizaro 05-09-2006 06:58 PM

I's like to see a 100 horsepower off the rack kit. Bolt it on, tune it and be done with it. Weekend project.:willy:

VB Black Ice 05-09-2006 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Madmikeee
Not a C4 owner as of yet but I do know that people are chomping at the bit for those body colored side pipes that USED to be available for C4's.

I know I would want some if/when I get a C4 :cheers:

'ya know, I'd throw out my entire exhaust system (that I love) if I could find a kit that put tasteful chrome side pipes on my 'vette and kept it street legal (at least running 1 cat). The kit would have to be fed from the front of the car and run back, not like the other sidepipes (to me the chrome pipe looks the best and I wasn't much for how the exhaust would have to flow in the other system). I know it doesn't sound too realistic, but I was actually planning on trying the universal kits and using an x-pipe like setup to get the proper length from the headers...

red_johnny 05-09-2006 10:16 PM

Maybe a beer dispencing sun visor, or a LED steering wheel, how about shag carpet:rofl: :D Honestly I would really like to see some adapters for C5 and Z06 parts. Anything that I might be able to bolt up. OH BTW I have tons more like the first ones if your interested:thumbs:

SJW 05-10-2006 10:41 AM

I have bought from you guys before, and have been reasonably satisfied. But, as so many others have pointed out, you really should ditch those gimmick "performance" parts that simply don't do what they're said to do. Or at the very least, ditch the bogus claims about them. It would improve your credibility quite a bit if you'd verify the manufacturers' claims to at least some minimal extent before you echo them.

And, as others have said, the format of your current catalog really does suck. I shouldn't have to wade through pages of exterior items for all generations in order to find a replacement air dam for my C4, for instance.

Now, having covered the criticisms, here's an item that you could sell in large numbers:

The OEM door switches (that operate the interior lamps) for C4s are garbage. They break almost as quickly as they're installed. Much like the clutch slave cylinders, which are also a problem, as has already been noted here. How about a high-quality aftermarket solution to both of these problems for us?

Be well,

SJW

prcollin 05-10-2006 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by steve w
Here at Mid America Motorworks, we are always designing and manufacturing new items & parts. Are there any parts that you, as C4 owners, need or would like and cannot find?

We would like to hear your ideas and suggestions.

We do listen and appreciate your business!

Thanks!
Steve

Steve-
I have some really good ideas for products that I have been developing and designing. If you would like to hear about these products please contact me via email at prcollin@c4nation.com They are simiple but will be very effective products for water leaks when washing car with a higher pressure hose or heavy rains and a product that allows you to hose down the inside of your engine, assuming nothing that you have under the hood that is too prone to rust. THis product protects electrical components only.

Blownfuel1 05-10-2006 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by loiq
:iagree:
and a braided steel replacement line.

Put together a quality weatherstrip kit for under a fortune.

Love the replacement wiring harness idea.

If you look over some older C4s you'll see what they need - virtually all the plastic parts (wiring plugs, interior parts, body moldings, etc.) disintegrate over time on thes things.

I agree! We had one of these made for the '84' at a local hose shop using our original ends, and it came out great. Cost was $70.00.

Wheelman 05-10-2006 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by j3studio
OMG yes, yes, yes!

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:
Underhood wire harness!! :iagree:

Wheelman 05-10-2006 01:37 PM

You are a supporting vendor...start making yourself more well known on the forum by offering forum member discounts and group purchases. Also, ditch the back section of your catalog that has corvette jewelry, clothing, watches, etc.

kehler 05-10-2006 01:55 PM

How about letting us buy one seat cover, instead of having to buy a pair all the time. I'm sure the price for one would be more than half the price of the pair so loss of profits wouldn't be an issue

jims14 05-12-2006 04:17 PM

I think everything on my list has already been mentioned, but just in case you are counting votes for how interested we are:
1. Brushed aluminum dash kits for early C4 (4+3) with overdrive switch on console.
2. LED tail lights for early C4 or at least a conversion so the bulbs could be changed from the outside.
3. "Breadbox" eliminator with the word "Corvette" on it and the possibility of an actual glove box behind it.
4. Quick release targa top latches.
5. Two, C4 specific catalogs per year.
5. (This may not have been mentioned) A pad to put on floor jack with a notch so the jack can be located in the center to raise the entire side at one time (as has been recommended on this site many times).
Thanks for asking.

4DSZR1 05-12-2006 04:26 PM

Anything for a ZR1

john1069 05-12-2006 11:07 PM

Hi,
Found my on line at AutoZone and they were Goodyear brand and fit just like the OEM.
John

Originally Posted by Mr6spd
Many of the coolant hose (other than the radiator hoses) and small hose/tubing assemblies are no longer available from GM. And these are also not available through any autoparts store either.

alterchristopher 05-12-2006 11:21 PM

How about a performance intake manifold for the crossfire guys you would have a monopoly on that (the X-ram is not a crossfire manifold)

Cold_B 05-13-2006 03:22 AM

Shorter (more ground clearance) front spoiler.

Rearview mirros with Compass and temp (Like the GM Surburban ones).

Quick Release Targa.

Double Din Radios that dont cost a leg. (I don't care to pay for navigation).

Battery Relocation Kit.

Quality Cowl Hoods.

A heads up display.

Fog Light upgrade kit.

Head light upgrade kit.

Quality Two or Three Gauge Piller Pod.

Coil-Over Kit.

A nice looking Cup holder (us 6-speed guys can't use the stock ones, and they are kinda small for todays cups, I set my drink in the passenger seat in one of the four cup holder things the fast food stores give you, i keep it in my car).

Anything that actually quiet downs the car.

I would buy all of those.

86PACER 05-13-2006 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cold_B
Shorter (more ground clearance) front spoiler.

That would be an excellent product for guys who have lowered their Vette. Would help with driveway scraping.:yesnod:

Onlya1 05-22-2006 10:20 AM

New parts

I would personally like to have mesh inserts for the front parking lights on a 84-87 vette. I have and idea for it.

Secondly, I would like to see a fin for the rear of a C4 instead of a spoiler it would be similiar to a lip on the rear where the spoiler would go, I have and idea for it.