CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Salvage Title Issued by Arizona (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/1013874-salvage-title-issued-by-arizona.html)

82Vette'ster 04-01-2005 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by LouAZ
Got the Check today- :thumbs: ebay's Fraud Protection program works!

Glad to see you got some resolution.

By the way, which DMV station did that in the first place?

pchmotoho 04-02-2005 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by PRNDL
Get advice from CnV. I hear they know how to wash titles. Sarcasm aside, seriously, it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they had any ideas on how to handle your situation.

About a year ago I did a google search on CnV and some guy was complaining how they sold him a ZR1 (C4) with a clean AZ title but it came back salvaged from some other state. I sold those guys a car at Pomona Swap Meet and they didnt even start it up before they bought it. UNREAL!!!!!!!!

LouAZ 04-02-2005 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 82Vette'ster
Glad to see you got some resolution.

By the way, which DMV station did that in the first place?

It was the station in Tempe on Broadway. In retrospect they probably did what they had to do. My vette mechanic confirmed their findings and said that he was surprised that they did not confiscate the car.

LouAZ 04-02-2005 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sacredgrooves
awesome! did you keep the car and get partial reimbursement or send it back?

I kept the car and got a partial refund.

LouAZ 04-02-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Here is one way to look at it. You paid $13,000 for it and are looking to get 50% back. So if you get $6,500 back you will have $6,500 in the car.

You could drive the car and enjoy it. When you want to get rid of it, the car is worth $6,500 or more in parts if you cut it up and part it out.

If you can get a full refund minus the shipping send it back, but only after he sends you the money. Have it wired to your bank so you know its there.

Ebay's insurance company cut the check. I agree the car is worth more in parts. The car runs great and is a lot of fun...

DonBecker 04-02-2005 01:00 PM

Wait a sec Lou,

Isn't the VIN in more than one place on the car?

Do they all match? You said your mech. confirmed the issues, what were they?

I'm moving to AZ in 3 months and now I'm getting nervous about my 76....

LouAZ 04-02-2005 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by DonBecker
Wait a sec Lou,

Isn't the VIN in more than one place on the car?

Do they all match? You said your mech. confirmed the issues, what were they?

I'm moving to AZ in 3 months and now I'm getting nervous about my 76....

Yes it is and that was the issue- the VIN on the windshield frame did not match the major components. MVD enforcement will not give you the specifics

Most overtly the VIN was for a coupe and the car is a convertible. Best I can tell I only had to go through the more thorough inspection because it did not have a federal sticker. In AZ that is one of the criteria to move to a level II/III inspection which is performed at special MVD stations.