CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   New boost support in EFI-Live Flashscan (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/1156338-new-boost-support-in-efi-live-flashscan.html)

QuickSilver2002 08-08-2005 11:24 AM

New boost support in EFI-Live Flashscan

Have I mentioned how much I like this product :yesnod:

A new version of the tuning tool + a new set of custom OSs are suppose to be released to the public in the next few days. Here is a list of the main features. I wish the 2step would work for ETC, but I'll be happy with the other stuff. The best thing about efi-live is that new releases are free!!!!!!! you do need the commercial version to flash a custom os (but it is not much more than the regular version).

The version 3 custom os will include:

Dual Spark Mafless with Octane scaler control.
Valet mode speed limiter selectable via a toggle switch.
Two Step Rev Limiter for NON ETC cars.
Full RPM vs MAP Commanded AFR table with one really neat trick!!.
2 OR 3 bar support (up to about 26psi of boost with 10kPa,1.5psi increments) plus a boost timing table.
This new O.S has been completed for most 2001 - 2005 O.S however some will not be finished by release date, but will follow soon after.
And of course, if you have a commercial license it's free!!.

AVB 08-08-2005 11:51 AM

Those guys at EFI are just pretty damn cool!!!!

Here's a little more info..

Tony @ MPH 08-08-2005 01:23 PM

Pretty sweet. Are these custom OSs stable? I get sort of nervous overwriting more than just calibration tables inside the PCM. Or is this full piggyback?

Z06GMAN 08-08-2005 02:57 PM

WOW........okay someone get this and run...say 18 to 20lbs of boost....then get back to me and tell me how it works :willy: :cheers:

AVB 08-08-2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by diynoob
Pretty sweet. Are these custom OSs stable? I get sort of nervous overwriting more than just calibration tables inside the PCM. Or is this full piggyback?

I've gone from a 2000 to 2002 and then am now running a custom 02 os.
No problems .. not a piggyback.

kromberg 08-08-2005 03:24 PM

If EFI had a trade in policy, I would highly consider trading in LS1Edit for it..... :leaving:

Keith

SR71 08-08-2005 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by kromberg
If EFI had a trade in policy, I would highly consider trading in LS1Edit for it..... :leaving:

Keith

darn, hp tuners does. you can always buy efi live used then upgrade it to flashscan.

QuickSilver2002 08-08-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by SR71
darn, hp tuners does. you can always buy efi live used then upgrade it to flashscan.

Unfortunately, ls1-edit is worth nothing at this point. It is no longer an upgrade situation since it is so far behind the times.

It would be like going to the dealer and trying to trade in an AMC pacer on a vette (they would just tell you to keep it).

RyanZ06 08-08-2005 10:14 PM

So britt you want to tune my car with this stuff? :)

Torched Z 08-08-2005 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuickSilver2002
Unfortunately, ls1-edit is worth nothing at this point. It is no longer an upgrade situation since it is so far behind the times.

It would be like going to the dealer and trying to trade in an AMC pacer on a vette (they would just tell you to keep it).

Good analogy. They told me to keep the Pacer when I bought my Z06. It's still in the driveway.

Pacer

RyanZ06 08-08-2005 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Torched Z
Good analogy. They told me to keep the Pacer when I bought my Z06. It's still in the driveway.

Pacer

OH SNAP! :eek: :eek: :eek:

QuickSilver2002 08-09-2005 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by RyanZ06
So britt you want to tune my car with this stuff? :)

Why, you don't need it when you are making bolt on power levels :lol: :lol:.

I have not talked to you in a long time, what do you have in the works now. I figured you learned your lesson when 430RWHP put you into a rollover :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

QuickSilver2002 08-09-2005 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Torched Z

Pacer

OMG, you really do have one. An X package at that. Does it have the killer 125hp 5.0 V8. Sorry, it is just funny to say 100hp and v8 these days.

RyanZ06 08-09-2005 02:35 AM

Why, you don't need it when you are making bolt on power levels :lol: :lol:.

I have not talked to you in a long time, what do you have in the works now. I figured you learned your lesson when 430RWHP put you into a rollover :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah something like that... Atleast I didnt put my car into a wall trying to impress some red necks :crazy:

On a serious note, i'd put a blower on it if you would tune it for me.. :D

kromberg 08-09-2005 09:11 AM

Dual Spark Mafless with Octane scaler control.
Valet mode speed limiter selectable via a toggle switch.
Two Step Rev Limiter for NON ETC cars.
Full RPM vs MAP Commanded AFR table with one really neat trick!!.
2 OR 3 bar support (up to about 26psi of boost with 10kPa,1.5psi increments) plus a boost timing table.
This new O.S has been completed for most 2001 - 2005 O.S however some will not be finished by release date, but will follow soon after.
And of course, if you have a commercial license it's free!!.

Looks like these features are only good for a speed density tune :leaving:

Keith

AVB 08-09-2005 09:20 AM

Maybe some good news.... I just received word that EFI is announcing a buy-back promotion in the next week or two.. :cheers: