CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   New C4 Products Needed by Owners? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/1318361-new-c4-products-needed-by-owners.html)

nickyg 05-22-2006 11:21 AM

How about lower dash corner protectors. I'm sure that every one of us who get in and out of our C-4's hits this corner with their leg almost every time creating a wear point that can be easily protected. I'm pretty sure the item can be easily produced and sold in pairs at a reasonable cost. Just my .02 cents.

LilR3dCorvette 07-15-2006 01:14 PM

Didn't go through all 11 pages of responses, but how about replacement center console shifter plates for the early C4 manuals? My '89 is in need of a new one, but you only have auto shift plates available.

Dominic Sorresso 07-16-2006 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette94
Didn't go through all 11 pages of responses, but how about replacement center console shifter plates for the early C4 manuals? My '89 is in need of a new one, but you only have auto shift plates available.

HERE HERE!

Randy93 07-16-2006 01:42 PM

Replacement DIC buttons and also the whole component, my button do not function properly and I need a replacement. GM does not make them and neither does anyone else, that I can find.

If you could get with some radio mfg and design a radio that fit the C4, that would be a big hit.

AILERON 07-16-2006 05:15 PM

1) 90-91 seat console switches (dual sport seats)
2) good, fairly priced, sport seat overhauls

85blkrose 07-16-2006 07:13 PM

my biggest gripe is that no one i mean no one makes a complete set of billet pulleys for us guys that show our cars. pwr steering,crank,wtr pump,and air pump. also the ratchet shifter would be awesome as well.

stick91 07-16-2006 08:28 PM

I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see a "real time" digital dash!

FlyboyZR1 07-16-2006 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 4Ever21
I dont think the quick release targa thing is possible. GM designed it with the screws on purpose. However, if they did find a way to make this work, every Corvette owner would buy one including me.

:iagree: :thumbs:

Bob CTS 07-16-2006 09:25 PM

As mentioned earlier how about the shift plate 4+3 without the seat graphics, if one is offered w/ seat graphics it can not be that hard to make one without, and how about a 86 Master Cylinder brake fluid reservoir, I had to use the 85 style with two containers instead of one.

Bob

zr1_actuary 07-19-2006 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by steve w
Here at Mid America Motorworks, we are always designing and manufacturing new items & parts. Are there any parts that you, as C4 owners, need or would like and cannot find?

We would like to hear your ideas and suggestions.

We do listen and appreciate your business!

Thanks!
Steve

yes - a body control module (BCM) for the 92 ZR-1 .... the local Chevy dealer tells me that my BCM is bad , but they are unable to locate one after checking with several sources... this is GM #88999216. Thanks! Steve

vinnies87 07-20-2006 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by vader86
I guess you could start supplying cut pieces of sound and heat insulation made to fit a C4 perfectly, separate from your carpeting pieces.

Another thing might be to solve the longstanding problem of poor AC airflow.

Also, the anti-squeak pads you currently sell for the targa will not withstand heat. The sticky part will start to come off and the pad moves around into any crevice it can ooze into, sometimes it can just come off completely.

You could start selling the adapter plates we use for the C5 brake conversion, and if youre smart you'd go ahead and make one for the C6 conversion onto all C4s. (not just 88-96 like everyone usually does). If you cut a good percentage off what Electrodynamics charges you'd get some volume too.

Other than removing the bogus HP claims from nearly all your gimmick performance parts, I dont have anything else.

Say it again Sam:thumbs: :iagree:

AA2PR 07-20-2006 02:21 AM

What About The C3 Requests

How about the numerous requests for seat belts for the C3,s we requested. ? you seem to be posting this same query everywhere nit have not responded to the overwhelming requests foe seat belts for the 73 c3,s. I waited months for them with you guys sitting on my money and finally when they were shipped,you sent 74,s.
Then i was told on the phone that Snakeoyl ,(deliberately miss spelled) made them for m/a.. They said no.
So four months no belts and much frustration, and no service,,
we also ,asked for reasonable prices ...see you have done nothing about that ether $ 300.00.. you're only interested in low cost high re-tail to spark your revenue,. If you can,t make tons on the sale you ignore the requests, No No stevie i,m done with you guys..when your not straight with me, im done with you.

Bye bye...bye bye bye

Donne Trav 07-20-2006 06:35 AM

1994 Exhaust Tips Only?

DOUBLE / DUAL EXHAUST — TIPS ONLY — LIKE THE POPULAR — OVAL
TIPS USED BY CORSA — TO REPLACE THE STOCK RECTANGULAR ONES
ON THE '94's. EAST-TO-INSTALL (TIPS /RT. & LT. WITH CLAMPS).
BAM! DONE! I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING FOR A '94, EXCEPT TO REPLACE
THE ENTIRE SYSTEM.:yesnod: WHAT DO YOU THINK?:bigears

Dog.Soldier 07-20-2006 07:24 AM

side pipes for the 84+ c4s. im gealous of the hookers that c3 guys get...

Dog.Soldier 07-20-2006 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by AA2PR
How about the numerous requests for seat belts for the C3,s we requested. ? you seem to be posting this same query everywhere nit have not responded to the overwhelming requests foe seat belts for the 73 c3,s. I waited months for them with you guys sitting on my money and finally when they were shipped,you sent 74,s.
Then i was told on the phone that Snakeoyl ,(deliberately miss spelled) made them for m/a.. They said no.
So four months no belts and much frustration, and no service,,
we also ,asked for reasonable prices ...see you have done nothing about that ether $ 300.00.. you're only interested in low cost high re-tail to spark your revenue,. If you can,t make tons on the sale you ignore the requests, No No stevie i,m done with you guys..when your not straight with me, im done with you.

Bye bye...bye bye bye

does this mean i dont have a chance of my side pipe dream coming true? bah my legs will never get the burn they so desire!

Arlon 07-20-2006 07:49 AM

I'll be the third to suggest power seat gears..

BlueMonster94 07-20-2006 08:24 AM

This is a LONG thread. My suggestions are:
1. RH and LH door storage covers (got one with a stripped out hole for mounting screw)
2. Attaching hardware kit for 94-96 Vettes (available for early C4s only)
3. At least sell the attaching hardware for the trim kits and pieces that you now offer. I purchased the 3 pieces for the storage area trim. The old trim already was missing several screws when I bought the car.
4. Old school mag wheels like the Cragar SS

Daniel DK 07-20-2006 05:48 PM

Okay here it is:

1) Blower for the lt1 crowd! like the magnuson blower for the c5 guys.
2) Side pipes..
3) targa quick release.

maybe a DIY r12 to 134a aircondition conversion?

:flag:

AA2PR 07-21-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dog.Soldier
does this mean i dont have a chance of my side pipe dream coming true? bah my legs will never get the burn they so desire!

It means all these requests can be filed with my stack of un answered letters addressed to Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tinker Bell and the Tooth Fairy. Although i did find a nickel under my pillow after loosing a molar fifty nine years ago .
These kind of threads are merely a tool to generate revenue for an account executive to boost failing numbers. they are not going to tool up and manufacture anything for a handful of owners of vehicles no longer produced. Unkind but true. In your and my cases in particular creating side-pipes alone may cost as much as $ 100,000 to design,create a tool and die, stamp,weld,heat treat,chrome,package,advertise and sell only one such item,or ANY OTHER METAL FABRICATED PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY. For how many side-pipes did you said you need ?? The thread is no more than advertisement to generate interest commonly known as SPAM,with a license.

AA2PR 07-21-2006 06:56 PM

Attention Decision Issued On Your Request

Originally Posted by ever
Yes, I would also like to see a drop in prices. I've found that you can get the same item for less at Kegs like the flow master mufflers. Unfortunately, Kegs doesn't carry too many parts for C's.

Dear sir,
After careful consideration, discussion,deliberations,extensive negotiations and consultations, we at the executive level have considered your proposal and have come here before you to issue our collective decision. We truly have surmised that you are out of your frigging mind even to suggest such an act.
but we did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Good news: We have shipped to you and all others coupons for free chances for snow balls crafted in hell.
yours truly
The Executives.