CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   New C4 Products Needed by Owners? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/1318361-new-c4-products-needed-by-owners.html)

j3studio 02-24-2006 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Slalom4me
Team up with someone to offer replacement underhood wire harnesses for the earlier C4 cars. Utilize the superior temperature qualities of the wire sold as SXL, GXL and TXL grades.

OMG yes, yes, yes!

rick96cevette 02-24-2006 08:22 PM

Tire Pressure Sensors that are integrated into the valve stems (like the new designs/cars) instead of those old tech LTPWS sensors on bands that tire shops break on our vettes.

Hopefully at a cost that is not $300/peice.

87vette 02-24-2006 08:27 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet but we early C4 vert guys need the Convertible upper pillar lock trim piece for both sides! I bought one from MAD a few years back and they have been discontinued. They are no where to be found. The upgrade ones you have do not work. It is a different design and I don't want to make any modifications.

Jet-Jock 02-24-2006 08:42 PM

Wow, lot's of interesting ideas, especially from Steve what a great marketing tool.

Another avenue to consider would be re-evaluate the pricing structure and become more price competitive. The same advice applies to Ecklers and the others. It is expensive enough to maintain these vehicles. All of us shop for best quality, best price, and customer service. You see it here day in - day out. How many posts do you see where members promote those who have the most competitive price for the best part. If your not being recommended those are lost sales.

When we see prices listed at sometimes twice the retail list of a GM part we can get directly from the Chevy dealer your loosing sales.

And most of all, treat customers well. When members have bad experiences we all hear about it. Customer service after the sale is priority one.

thx

rightofway 02-24-2006 09:22 PM

forgot to mention

how about a repro halo trim panel

Brtheez 02-24-2006 09:24 PM

Passenger Side Replacement Piece

I would like to see a passenger side replacement piece that has CORVETTE etched in the center like the current bread box. It seems it would match a lot closer to what was there.

:D

corvted 02-24-2006 09:32 PM

Hey you guys at Mid America keep up the good work. I have dealt with a few others in my time and you guys beat em all in my book. Your customer service is great, you get the product to me quickly, and I can always count on you guys to be straight up. Thx for being there and taking care of your customer. Ed

87vette 02-24-2006 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by corvted
Hey you guys at Mid America keep up the good work. I have dealt with a few others in my time and you guys beat em all in my book. Your customer service is great, you get the product to me quickly, and I can always count on you guys to be straight up. Thx for being there and taking care of your customer. Ed

Well said ! :iagree:

Admrl94 02-24-2006 09:50 PM

I always see many brushed aluminum interior accent pieces available in the C5 and C6 sections...would be nice to have these available for C4s, as opposed to the whole dash kit. More specifically, some brushed aluminum shift knobs for autos, or parking brakes? There are so few options for guys with autos.

Another one: underhood dress up pieces that match the color of your car. C5s and C6s have these but we don't (or is very limited).

Thanks for asking us.

Cozmo 02-24-2006 09:56 PM

I would like to see new products to dress up the interior and underhood areas.

Bluewasp 02-24-2006 10:07 PM

LT4 intake.

Alzado77 02-24-2006 10:16 PM

HD brake upgrade adapter brackets and custom color floor mats like they have for the newer corvettes. Particularly yellow floor mats and any other interior pieces done in custom colors. The newer generations have so many color options for interiors but us C4 guys have to struggle to find what little there is out there.

clevette 02-24-2006 10:17 PM

I'd like to see a replacement center console plate for a manual transmission. One without the 4+3 emblem.
Mine's been converted to a six speed

richdwyer 02-24-2006 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by clevette
I'd like to see a replacement center console plate for a manual transmission. One without the 4+3 emblem.
Mine's been converted to a six speed

Me too. I have the 89 with the fx3 option. Would be4 nice to get a manual console without the 4+3 logo.

A nice air pump eliminator bracket that doesn't look like 2 pieces of bar stock bolted togeather would be nice too. I have seen a few nice looking air pump eliminators forum members have made from aluminum plate that look sharp.

JD'S WHITE 93 02-24-2006 10:45 PM

white faced guages with an 8000 rpm tach

94redrag 02-24-2006 11:03 PM

Got some real good ideas going on in this thread! Here are mine

1. A wind screen for the verts - like the ones available for the C5/C6's

2. A "Vara-Ram" style air intake set-up

3. Seat/Sport Hoops in either chrome or powdered coated finish - like the ones offered for the C5/6's

4. A European Taillight conversion kit. A direct plug and play type kit would be nice. Ecklers has one, but they want $600 bones for it. :eek:

5. Mirror seals

Of course these must all be affordable, so us lowly C4 owners can buy them.

Later, Zane

Lichen 02-24-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jet-Jock
Wow, lot's of interesting ideas, especially from Steve what a great marketing tool.

Another avenue to consider would be re-evaluate the pricing structure and become more price competitive. The same advice applies to Ecklers and the others. It is expensive enough to maintain these vehicles. All of us shop for best quality, best price, and customer service. You see it here day in - day out. How many posts do you see where members promote those who have the most competitive price for the best part. If your not being recommended those are lost sales.

When we see prices listed at sometimes twice the retail list of a GM part we can get directly from the Chevy dealer your loosing sales.

And most of all, treat customers well. When members have bad experiences we all hear about it. Customer service after the sale is priority one.

thx

What he said! You have some great after-market products, but your OEM stuff is more expensive than my local Chevy-dealership. C-4's also seem to taking a back seat to your C5 and c6 stuff. I can understand that, but why all the catalogs that are exactly the same?

MADinAK 02-24-2006 11:16 PM

A decent intake manifold for the 82 & 84 would be nice - not a single plane converted to something that sometimes works if you have the right mods.

An inexpensive manometer (inches of water) for TB balancing.

Happy with the service I've received from you guys but don't go all bonkers on the C5 and C6 - still more of us C4 guys (and gals) around.

MrRenoman 02-25-2006 12:13 AM

I'd like to see replacement speed sensors for 3.07 and numerically higher gears. Seems that there are several aftermarket sensors available. Standard Motor Parts SC8 is one of them. Also, supply the drive and driven gears for different rearend ratios.

I'd like to see the original style "49th Street" rocker panels and the rear platform wing come back. Seems like you're selling their original 1-piece front air dam which was part of the total package they used to sell.

A replacement brush and limit switch module for the 84-87 headlight motor assemblies. This module seems to be the major cause of headlight failures in the early C4s. Claims by some rebuilders that the rebuilt headlight assemblies are "rebuilt" aren't true, they're rehabilitated from old parts.

84-87 headlight relays, I think these are discontinued or one of them is.

Replacement foglight assemblies with upgraded lighting.

Art

Sadblack87 02-25-2006 12:43 AM

Decals or something to replace the worn graphics on the interior such as power seat functions or power mirror functions etc. to be used when refinishing interior parts.

A dash kit like the woodgrain ones only more of a stock appearance.