CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   BS Video from Germany (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1615062-bs-video-from-germany.html)

Toque 02-03-2007 12:17 PM

BS Video from Germany

Guys:

I was just scanning some videos on streetfire, and found a vid (all in German) and they are testing many of the worlds fastest cars. They say they have a Z06 in the lineup, but show a C6 Vert Automatic :lol: . Look closely at time stamp 3:00, notice the "snail" crossing the road they focus in on while recording the C6 driving by.....

Whats up with that ?:toetap: What are they tring to say ? They eventually show a Z06 in the lineup later in the video but I have no idea what they are saying.:crazy:

inappropriate website

Wayne88 02-03-2007 03:17 PM

Danka, das ist sehr gut video und autos, but I couldn't understand a word of it.
:cheers:

Lightning Coyote 02-03-2007 04:32 PM

They are just trying to protect their sales. They do not want any American cars over there. They certainly don't mind selling them over here at sky high prices. They like our money but are not very fond of us. :rant: Thats why I love my American made CORVETTE! :flag: :flag:

yarbsea 02-03-2007 04:37 PM

actually all european cars (bmw, mercedes..etc) are sold much cheaper here than over there....usually whatever it costs in euro's it costs in dollars here...which is around 10-20% LESS....just FYI

Wayne O 02-03-2007 05:02 PM

Was ist los?

Originally Posted by yarbsea (Post 1558802403)
actually all european cars (bmw, mercedes..etc) are sold much cheaper here than over there....usually whatever it costs in euro's it costs in dollars here...which is around 10-20% LESS....just FYI

Irrespective of currency valuations this is probably due to the VAT and other taxes imposed.

smurfy 02-03-2007 06:59 PM

The video shows a maximum speed and acceleration test with a selection of super sport cars. The Z06 is one of them.
The scenes with the C6 and the Viper are taken from another episode broad casted by the same TV station. That was about the C6 and Viper only. I know because I have that clip. But near the end you will see that the car is indeed a Z06.

@Coyote: I like these "qualified" comments. No idea what they are talking about in the clip, but bla bla they don't like american cars. I'm a German and I bought a C6 here, and maybe one day I will show my Vette the Autobahn and what it means to drive fast. Because over there we have the freedom to drive fast. Also, our police is much more nicer than here.
And as far as I know, Germany is the biggest market for the Corvette after US/Canada.
Unfortunately for the american manufacturers, you can't sell a lot of big, heavy, gas guzzling cars in Europe. If you would live there, I guess you would be crying each time you see a gas station. How about paying $6.5 for a gallon premium?

LMB 4 ME 02-04-2007 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by smurfy (Post 1558803890)
The video shows a maximum speed and acceleration test with a selection of super sport cars. The Z06 is one of them.
The scenes with the C6 and the Viper are taken from another episode broad casted by the same TV station. That was about the C6 and Viper only. I know because I have that clip. But near the end you will see that the car is indeed a Z06.

@Coyote: I like these "qualified" comments. No idea what they are talking about in the clip, but bla bla they don't like american cars. I'm a German and I bought a C6 here, and maybe one day I will show my Vette the Autobahn and what it means to drive fast. Because over there we have the freedom to drive fast. Also, our police is much more nicer than here.
And as far as I know, Germany is the biggest market for the Corvette after US/Canada.
Unfortunately for the american manufacturers, you can't sell a lot of big, heavy, gas guzzling cars in Europe. If you would live there, I guess you would be crying each time you see a gas station. How about paying $6.5 for a gallon premium?

:thumbs: